Anybody elses storm delete there texts? My hubby was going through my texts and somehow my texts from this morning were deleted but I didn't delete them...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 10:49 PM
    A few users report that their txt can be erased when their application memory is low.

Goto

Options>memory>application memory

what does that say?
    07-06-09 10:55 PM
    hmmm sounds like a cover for a missing convo that hubby wasn't supposed to see?
    *raised eyebrow*
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Just make sure you clean your browser cache, perform a memory clean, and run quickpull once a week. That routine usually clears up so much memory you won't have that issue come back again.
    (PS: Usually it deletes the older ones first, not today's... you might have another issue)
    07-07-09 12:22 AM
    That suka I don't have that problem

07-07-09 07:43 AM
    I had that happen to my world edition but not the storm. It was because of my memory being drained out..
    07-07-09 07:47 AM
    happens to me all the time

i got a facebook notification yesterday and i couldnt see it when i entered the app, because facebook notifications are emails, and i checked my app memory. it was at 3 megs. its really BS though. i run .148, i schedule a quickpull at 5 am every morning, but still my texts and emails are deleted during the course of a day? how do people that use BBs for business deal with this? i mean id assume they have fewer apps but memory leaks still exist

i mean, other than being secure and having good push, does the blackberry REALLY do email all that well? i get jumbled html emails and i cant edit a forwarded message. seems half-baked to me.
    Last edited by jakeh0; 07-07-09 at 08:06 AM.
    07-07-09 08:01 AM
    happens to me all the time

i got a facebook notification yesterday and i couldnt see it when i entered the app, because facebook notifications are emails, and i checked my app memory. it was at 3 megs. its really BS though. i run .148, i schedule a quickpull at 5 am every morning, but still my texts and emails are deleted during the course of a day? how do people that use BBs for business deal with this? i mean id assume they have fewer apps but memory leaks still exist

i mean, other than being secure and having good push, does the blackberry REALLY do email all that well? i get jumbled html emails and i cant edit a forwarded message. seems half-baked to me.
    you have to much crap install on there if you are down to 3 megs with a battery pull every day
    07-07-09 09:01 AM
    Try this....

Tip 5 Memory Clean up!

Step 1 Clear Browser Caches (this helps when the BB won't do backups sometimes). Open the BB Browser, Press the BB button, select Options, then Cache Operations, then clear out all 4 areas.
    Step2 Enable & Use Memory Cleaning (You only need to enable once, or after an update of the OS). Click Options, then Security Options, then Memory Cleaning, first set it to enable, then when you do my clean up routine, just press the BB button and select Clean Now (After Clicking on Memory Cleanup).
    Step 3 Clear the Java log. From the homescreen, press the BB button, and select show keyboard (in landscape) hold the !?123 button to lock in then press "/"/ (or if in portrait ,5,5), then press the BB button and select clear log.
    Step 4 Battery Pull (optional) for max effect.
    07-07-09 10:26 AM
    you have to much crap install on there if you are down to 3 megs with a battery pull every day
    yeah i guess its my fault for *gasp* installing applications on my device from the app world
    07-08-09 08:05 AM
    yeah i guess its my fault for *gasp* installing applications on my device from the app world
    You can install as many as you want, but you install 1-2 that are poorly written and leak memory and then you are in the position you are. I can make a program thats whole purpose is to leak memory and put it on app world...its not screened for crap.
    07-08-09 10:29 AM
    You can install as many as you want, but you install 1-2 that are poorly written and leak memory and then you are in the position you are. I can make a program thats whole purpose is to leak memory and put it on app world...its not screened for crap.
    well maybe they should screen their applications for behaviors that denigrate the performance of their device before offering them in their official store

or maybe they should not use a backwards design in which the application memory and the messages are stored in the same place, while in the meantime i have a full 1 gig of flash and 16 gig sd card
    07-08-09 11:53 AM
    oh wow.. I've only heard of this in pearls cause they don't have much memory.. that's pretty sad to hear on the storm
    07-08-09 11:57 AM
    its probably going to happen a lot more now that they created a way to centrally distribute apps without modifying the storage structure of the devices in the slightest
    07-08-09 12:49 PM
    I had this prob til I got a new phone

07-08-09 12:56 PM
    I had this prob til I got a new phone

07-08-09 12:57 PM
    Anybody elses storm delete there texts? My hubby was going through my texts and somehow my texts from this morning were deleted but I didn't delete them...

Mine are always there too. If I delete my texts, then receive one, it still shows previous texts.

07-08-09 01:00 PM
    Well first off... The comment about hiding something... That's y I asked. I didn't delete my texts but it looked like I did and I wanted to see if I was the only one with the problem.

07-08-09 09:13 PM
    happens to me all the time. the phone does a terrible job of controlling its applications, then when its runs out of memory it goes and deletes your personal data. it will also destroy your calendar. at any given time my calendar events only go back about 1 or 2 weeks because the phone decides that deleting my calendar events that i use to keep track of oil changes etc will somehow help it to function as tho it wasnt a total piece of crap. it doesnt warn you before it deletes things and it doesnt notify you after it happens. to my knowledge you cant configure, disable or remove the program that deletes your messages, nor can you set the phone to just simply store text messages to the 8 gigabyte sd card that comes with the phone.

in other words, yes. the storm will definitely delete text messages.
    07-09-09 02:55 AM
    In terms of those 5 memory tips previously posted, is there a way to automatically do them or schedule them? Kinda like Quickpull can do with battery pulls? It is kinda annoying having to do all those things yourself, just to save a few bits of memory that should have been available in the first place. Thanks.
    07-09-09 04:38 AM
    happens to me all the time. the phone does a terrible job of controlling its applications, then when its runs out of memory it goes and deletes your personal data. it will also destroy your calendar. at any given time my calendar events only go back about 1 or 2 weeks because the phone decides that deleting my calendar events that i use to keep track of oil changes etc will somehow help it to function as tho it wasnt a total piece of crap. it doesnt warn you before it deletes things and it doesnt notify you after it happens. to my knowledge you cant configure, disable or remove the program that deletes your messages, nor can you set the phone to just simply store text messages to the 8 gigabyte sd card that comes with the phone.

in other words, yes. the storm will definitely delete text messages.
    If this is happening to you so much its YOUR fault! Obviously you have to much crap installed on it if it keeps doing it. I have never had it happen so i cant even confirm that it does happen on the storm, i know on previous BBs it has before. But take some useless stuff off the deivce so you wont lose your stuff.
    07-09-09 10:12 AM
    If this is happening to you so much its YOUR fault! Obviously you have to much crap installed on it if it keeps doing it. I have never had it happen so i cant even confirm that it does happen on the storm, i know on previous BBs it has before. But take some useless stuff off the deivce so you wont lose your stuff.
    yes its a result of having *GASP* applications installed on your device. my application memory has dropped from 34 to 20 since my auto-reboot this morning, simply using opera mini, facebook, flickr, aim, and yahoo messenger. i have no texts left from yesterday or emails past 2 days ago. good thing i can multitask on this device right? theres so much storage on this device that goes un-utilized, rather choosing to delete important information. but yeah i should just not use it as a multifunctional device right? that's a better solution eh?

what the heck kind of device decides that emails and texts and calendar entries need to be deleted in order to save memory, without notifying you no less. its so bush league that it blows my mind.
    Last edited by jakeh0; 07-09-09 at 10:30 AM.
    07-09-09 10:26 AM
    yes its a result of having *GASP* applications installed on your device. my application memory has dropped from 34 to 20 since my auto-reboot this morning, simply using opera mini, facebook, flickr, aim, and yahoo messenger. i have no texts left from yesterday or emails past 2 days ago. good thing i can multitask on this device right? theres so much storage on this device that goes un-utilized, rather choosing to delete important information. but yeah i should just not use it as a multifunctional device right? that's a better solution eh?

what the heck kind of device decides that emails and texts and calendar entries need to be deleted in order to save memory, without notifying you no less. its so bush league that it blows my mind.
    well yeah that basically what is suppose to happen when you use apps, the memory drops. Facebook is a known factor to peoples memory leaks. Any app the constantly runs (messaging programs, weather programs etc) will drain the battery and sometimes the memory. If you are running with that high of memory then the reason you lost your data is for some other reason not the OS deleting them because it needs memory.

You are right the device memory never gets touched for most people. VZW gave us memory cards but i guess other vendors didnt so they actually do use the internal memory.
    07-09-09 10:51 AM
    well yeah that basically what is suppose to happen when you use apps, the memory drops. Facebook is a known factor to peoples memory leaks. Any app the constantly runs (messaging programs, weather programs etc) will drain the battery and sometimes the memory. If you are running with that high of memory then the reason you lost your data is for some other reason not the OS deleting them because it needs memory.

You are right the device memory never gets touched for most people. VZW gave us memory cards but i guess other vendors didnt so they actually do use the internal memory.
    I find it kind of sad that a RIM-developed application such as Facebook is causing memory problems on their own OS. My memory continues to drop through the day until I notice that everything is sluggish and I get an hourglass for everything I try to do. At that point I realize that things have been deleted because my app memory is gone. I'm aware I could delete applications, I could check my memory often, I could get a 3rd party application to watch my memory since RIM's OS deletes important things without warning. Maybe I could hire a guy to watch my phone for me and pull the battery (another silly and archaic task) if need be. Point is, it's ridiculous to me that I have to even consider this. And as far as storage, that full gigabyte is present in ALL carriers.
    07-09-09 12:07 PM
    I find it kind of sad that a RIM-developed application such as Facebook is causing memory problems on their own OS. My memory continues to drop through the day until I notice that everything is sluggish and I get an hourglass for everything I try to do. At that point I realize that things have been deleted because my app memory is gone. I'm aware I could delete applications, I could check my memory often, I could get a 3rd party application to watch my memory since RIM's OS deletes important things without warning. Maybe I could hire a guy to watch my phone for me and pull the battery (another silly and archaic task) if need be. Point is, it's ridiculous to me that I have to even consider this. And as far as storage, that full gigabyte is present in ALL carriers.
    im talking about the 8 GB card not internal. You cant exactly take out the 1 gig of of memory soldered onto the board....
    07-09-09 12:37 PM
    what?

i said theres a lot of storage that could be used, referring to the 1 gig internal
    you said "well not everyone got an external sd card"
    so i said "yeah but everyone has the 1 gig internal, they should store more stuff on that instead of 128 megs of app memory"
    and you said something about soldering
    07-09-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD