when texting in portrait mode the bottom row especially the space bar seems harder to press than the other letters. is that normal or can i change keyboard settings to help with this.
    01-21-09 09:54 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue.
    01-21-09 09:58 AM
    just a keyboard issue - search for how to fix the screen click issues and you'll find how to make this better.
    01-21-09 10:02 AM
    Go into a verizon store and show them. They should replace the storm for you.
    01-21-09 10:02 AM
    Torx screw fix should help, mine is so much better now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 10:40 AM
    I had similar experiences with my Storm bought 11/21....but I figured some of the complaints may be overaggerated & it was just a fact of the desgn but after visiting the store for a different reason, I checked out the Storm display model & to my surprise the Storm clicked great all over the screen even in the bottom & corners. So its definitely a quality control issue.

I didnt want to mess with the torx screw option, so I let the sales rep play with my Storm and he completely agreed, swapped me out for a brand new one right there on the spot....click is awesome everywhere! It should feel the same no matter where u press...this is true on my new one. (FYI, this was on 1/15/09...right before the extended holiday return period so getting a brand new one may no longer be an option)

I never had any intention of requesting a replacement before that..so glad I looked into it further. Good luck.
    01-21-09 10:54 AM
    Its hardware. Get a new one or return it. That's what I did.

01-21-09 11:17 AM
    fold a business card and put it under the battery...
    Fixed.
    01-21-09 12:27 PM
    Torx screws. One little turn and problem solved. Save your business cards.
    01-21-09 12:41 PM

Yep thats what I did......................
    01-21-09 12:51 PM

Did the same thing. Typing in landscape mode on the new one is 10x better.
    01-21-09 01:00 PM
    I did the Torx screw fix, only about 1/8 to 1/4 turn fixed it for me. I did this in eraly December and have been fine since. I decided to try that fix because I have NO other problems and did not want to risk getting a phone with other problems as well.

I am happy with my decision.
    01-21-09 01:12 PM
    doesnt matter how many times u return this pos.. what you see is what you get pretty much. the storm is a beta phone for RIM whether they admit it or not
    01-21-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD