Improved Text Selection Coming to a Storm OS Soon! | CrackBerry.com

On the front page but I figured it's worth noting here too. Looks amazing!
    02-25-09 04:10 PM
    Nice! That is a smart improvement. It is a pain sometimes trying to see where it is and the ring around the selected area makes it very obvious.
    02-25-09 04:32 PM
    I hate to say it but it looks like, umm, it was "borrowed" from a competing device
    02-25-09 04:35 PM
    Sweet! I hope they're paying as close attention to stability as they are to function!
    02-25-09 04:37 PM
    I hate to say it but it looks like, umm, it was "borrowed" from a competing device
    What is borrowed. Java, the language that the entire BB runs on, is what they call 'Write Once, Run Everywhere'. Nothing borrowed there, just shared.
    02-25-09 04:43 PM
    looks interesting... can't wait to try! This shows that RIM is working on adding to the OS to make it better, not just improving the stability
    02-25-09 04:53 PM
    not to sound like I don't know what I'm doing, but I can back space, how do you forward space in text? I'm kind of new too.
    02-25-09 05:02 PM
    Spiffy7890
    02-25-09 08:30 PM
    New Copy/Paste/Edit Function For Storm

With the release of OS 4.7.0.112, a new selection tool will be introduced to the BlackBerry Storm. The feature is a much needed improvement to the standard cursor of previous OS builds, but is still not enough to make the Touch-Click-Screen haters change their minds. There are certainly other things about the touch screen mechanics we would have liked to see improved before this, but we�ll take whatever we can get. Check out the video here along with an additional screenshot of the OS 4.7.0.112 �About� screen.

If you ask us, upgrading the copy/paste functionality seems like a slap in the face to the owners of that other touch screen device, who wish they had native copy/paste capability at all.

The new editing process takes a pretty simple path. The user places his finger to the spot requiring the edit and the rectangular gray box appears which scrolls with your finger to target the exact spot needing the edit. Selecting multiple text to copy or replace is similar to previously�just easier. See more in the video below.
    02-25-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD