Didn't know where else to put this, since Idk if it's a 9550 only thing or all BB's, but when I receive a text message I like to know when I received it, or how long ago. But whenever I tap the received message it always says received one minute ago, unless it was on an earlier date. But, if I get a text at 8am and check it at noon, then tap on it, it says received one minute ago. Any way to fix this?
    07-21-10 03:49 PM
    The problem you're describing doesn't affect all BlackBerry devices. I sent a text message to myself at 4:54 pm EDT. When I view it five minutes later, it shows 4:54 pm EDT. I can't find any messaging option that controls the display of text message time. I'm running OS 4.7.1.61 on my Tour. If another 9550 user reports the same problem, that may point to a Storm OS issue.
    07-21-10 04:02 PM
    My 9550 does NOT do this, time shows accurately.

Could be an OS issue? I'm also not running .713...
    07-21-10 04:14 PM
    I don't know if it's an OS issue for sure though, since it has done it ever since I had the phone on .320 to .517 to .713. Hmm, hopefully somehow this will be resolved or OS6 will change that. It's not a huge deal, but it can be annoying.
    07-21-10 04:17 PM
    Since you and Pete are on the same carrier, it might be worth your time to call Customer Service and ask them to check the provisioning on your phone. I'm trying to think of conditions that would persist across OS upgrades. There aren't many.
    07-21-10 04:21 PM
    I have this same problem with my Tour. It's been doing it for quite awhile but it's really frustrating. Especially when it comes to something that's time sensitive - "I'll meet you there in 15 minutes" - 15 from when?
    08-26-10 09:36 AM
    My Storm2 doesn't do this. Sent myself a text also gave me the correct time (12:17) and when I highlight the message, it shows sent 11 minutes ago. I'm one Lycydals 713 based hybrids.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 08-26-10 at 01:30 PM.
    08-26-10 01:28 PM
    My texts also show correct received time. Also running a Lyricidal hybrid.
    08-26-10 01:34 PM
    I have to ask the obvious question, how often do you pull the battery?

And also, do you use any 3rd party apps to interfere with your messaging application?
    08-26-10 03:26 PM
    My issue with texts is when i turn the phone off and back on, the text shows the time when the phone was turned back on not the real time. So if someone send me a text at 3AM and i turn the phone on at 5.30AM the text shows a 5.30AM sent time.
    08-26-10 03:29 PM
    My issue with texts is when i turn the phone off and back on, the text shows the time when the phone was turned back on not the real time. So if someone send me a text at 3AM and i turn the phone on at 5.30AM the text shows a 5.30AM sent time.
    Well there is nothing you can do about that because that is the actual time the phone received the text. It cannot receive while it is off and the text is just stored on your carriers server until it can be delivered.
    08-26-10 03:32 PM
    And if you receive a text that says "Meet me in 15 minutes", you're going to be late, lol.
    08-26-10 07:12 PM
    I don't have this problem, but I've often wondered if it was possible to find out when a text of BBM message was *actually* sent by the sender. I can see when it arrived on my phone, but I often shut my phone off at night, and sometimes when I turn it on in the AM, I'll get a few texts. But I have no idea when they were sent because they all arrive when I turn the phone on. I'd rather know when the sender actually sent the message.
    08-26-10 08:18 PM
    I've noticed this too on my text messages. I just check and now it's showing accurate times though.
    08-27-10 03:30 PM
    I had this problem as well. My phone tweaked out and shut down one night, and the next day I couldn't figure out how to reset the time to sync with Network time, so I did it manually. It started doing the 'received 1 minute ago' junk since then. SO, make sure your phone's time is synched to NETWORK time.
    09-08-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD