I have a strange situation and I hope someone can help.

I have someone that has somehow gained access to text messages that are sent and received from my blackberry storm. I was assured that the BB is one of the most secure phones in production but this person is able to send me copies of conversations Ive had. My question is basically two fold....How is this possible and how can I stop this from happening? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. -- I just wanted to add that the police in my area suggested I try here as their "cyber stalker/crime" department has never had a case like this.

Thanks in advance for any information
    08-19-10 10:46 PM
    Did they have physical access to the device? If they did, they could have installed this spyware.
    08-19-10 10:51 PM
    No, the device has been in my possession the entire time. If I do have spyware on my device, is there a cleaner designed for BB's?
    I looked at the link you posted. If someone paid that much to check on me, damn I must have really pissed someone off...lol
    Last edited by Kerry480; 08-19-10 at 10:58 PM.
    08-19-10 10:55 PM
    No, the device has been in my possession the entire time. If I do have spyware on my device, is there a cleaner designed for BB's?
    I looked at the link you posted. If someone paid that much to check on me, damn I must have really pissed someone off...lol
    Wipe the device and reinstall your OS. A wipe will remove that spyware if it is present.
    08-19-10 11:01 PM
    Also could it be the person whom you are sending the text messages to is "infected" or letting the "hacker" access their phone?
    08-20-10 09:45 AM
    try lookout anti virus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD