Does anyone know a 3rd party app that tethers with the storm to my computer. I used to use pdanet to tether my palm to my computer. I ned something so when i dont get internet. Thanks
    12-01-08 01:13 PM
    Do you need a 3rd party app? I know with my Mac I can tether using the native internet connection program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 01:48 PM
    Bump. I'd like to know how to do this.
    12-01-08 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry Application Store - How To - BlackBerry As A Wireless Modem
    cost 50 bucks, but i hear its worth it, i used the trial a long long long time ago and it worked fine.
    but i pay for tethering now. someone let me know if they try this with the storm, i'm curious if you get good speeds or not.
    12-01-08 03:18 PM
    Is there a way to tether without the $30 plan for like here and there checking of mail like once a week, I had the XV6700 before and tethering working fine.
    12-01-08 03:46 PM
    roach, maybe i didn't make myself clear, its a one time 50 dollar fee. if you're doing what you just said you wanted to do, thats worth it in my opinion, you could use it more often then you say you want to....just because....you could...lol with out paying more
    12-01-08 03:58 PM
    for what its worth, I'm paying the $15/month extra with Verizon and using their software.
    12-01-08 04:22 PM
    Hmmmmm $15 a month , I was told the cheapest plan was $29.99 a month and that is what i got. wtf
    12-01-08 04:41 PM
    Hmmmmm $15 a month , I was told the cheapest plan was $29.99 a month and that is what i got. wtf
    It sounds like you got the unlimited data, that's 29.99 and separate from tethering.
    12-01-08 04:58 PM
    I have used the tethering for the storm and I use the BlackBerry manager that came with the storm... I have great speeds at 550kb and 250upload I have come close to 1mb download
    Last edited by Pyrobuzz; 12-01-08 at 05:05 PM.
    12-01-08 05:01 PM
    Tethering w/ Verizon is $15/mo if you are on the BES plan, $30/mo if you are on the BIS plan. Either way you end up paying $59.99/mo total for your data plan when you are on tethering.
    12-01-08 05:02 PM
    Tethering w/ Verizon is $15/mo if you are on the BES plan, $30/mo if you are on the BIS plan. Either way you end up paying $59.99/mo total for your data plan when you are on tethering.
    However, if I'm not mistaken, you save a bit on BES by going with one of the nationwide email plans. In my case, I have the $80 plan, which saves $5/month off the cost of voice + BES. My tethering is supposed to be $15 a month on this plan, so doing it this way should save you $5/month if you really want tethering. ($40 voice + $30 BIS + $30 tethering = $100 vs $80 voice & BES + $15 tethering = $95)

Additionally, I have a 15% corp discount off my plan (but not services). So if you happen to work somewhere that gets a Verizon discount, you'll be even better off.

As a disclaimer, this is a new service setup and as such I have not gotten the first bill yet to confirm this is how it's actually working. This is, however, how the Verizon reps who set it up told me it will work.
    12-01-08 05:35 PM
    i see thank for the info. i really dont need tathering so i guess i will just stay with data. since i am new to bb i wonder why if it is bis why do i have to pay verizon for data to use it.
    12-01-08 05:47 PM
    I just got the mobishark program, and wow I really think its worth it, at least for me it is. I'm a college student on campus that restricts certain downloads, but now I have the power to do as I please.
    12-01-08 06:59 PM
    BlackBerry Application Store - How To - BlackBerry As A Wireless Modem
    cost 50 bucks, but i hear its worth it, i used the trial a long long long time ago and it worked fine.
    but i pay for tethering now. someone let me know if they try this with the storm, i'm curious if you get good speeds or not.

Ouch!!!!! Who is getting paid off here? I had to pay one time fee of 30 for my treo which I used pdanet. Worked great and fast too. Not trying to be mean but how long could this price stay? With it this high I feel someone will find a way to copy or make the same app and bring it to more of a realistic price. Yes,yes i know it is cheap compared to the 15/mo on verizon, but 50.................thats a bit high.
    12-02-08 12:38 AM
    Ouch!!!!! Who is getting paid off here? I had to pay one time fee of 30 for my treo which I used pdanet. Worked great and fast too. Not trying to be mean but how long could this price stay? With it this high I feel someone will find a way to copy or make the same app and bring it to more of a realistic price. Yes,yes i know it is cheap compared to the 15/mo on verizon, but 50.................thats a bit high.
    Its very cheap when you consider you could be paying 15 or 30 dollars a month depending on if you're on BES/BIS. Software engineers have to eat too! What do you do for a living? If you charged just a little more than someone in a completely different market segment do you think its ok for people to start trying to steal your services and make you work for free?
    12-02-08 12:45 AM
    Its very cheap when you consider you could be paying 15 or 30 dollars a month depending on if you're on BES/BIS. Software engineers have to eat too! What do you do for a living? If you charged just a little more than someone in a completely different market segment do you think its ok for people to start trying to steal your services and make you work for free?
    Very understandable!!! BUT when is too much too much???? I just feel 30 is very reasonable but 50 a little bit too much.. And if you really think about it how much did it really cost him to make that app? While your doing that find a person or family/friend saved from a fire by a firefighter and ask the same question......do you really think he is getting paid for what he does????? sorry to blow this out of proportion. But this is the very reason why us having a college education and a masters is getting paid 75,000 a year while some person who has barely graduated highschool is saying 50 million is not enough to play professional basketball. Just trying to show you how too much is too much. sorry for rambling.....
    12-02-08 12:57 AM
    The app is saving you money in a max of a quarter! That's a pretty sound ROI! Consider it an investment.

12-02-08 01:05 AM
    roach, maybe i didn't make myself clear, its a one time 50 dollar fee. if you're doing what you just said you wanted to do, thats worth it in my opinion, you could use it more often then you say you want to....just because....you could...lol with out paying more
    I was just reading about the shark modem.......IT is a one time fee of 50.00 PER YEAR.....WOW!!!!! Thats now even more than I thought. I want to know what the year after year fee??? And why you are not using any bandwidth nor usage. That is like saying you pay 20,000 for your new car and now ford, dodge, etc says well after you pay full price for the car we are going to charge you 15,000 every year after that. You have one less customer.
    12-02-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD