I want to use the Tetherberry program, but the possibility that I'd be breaking VZW's rules, and suffer a fine or TOS, is too much. I only need the tehering to free me from my worksite. I would rarely ever have to tether, and when I do, it would be for very short amounts of time, and I wouldn't use it for downloading because I can do that at work or at home. I'd be using it mostly for VPN access to my jobs network. Anyway, I think the major problem is that for people like me, there's no middle ground. I won't pay $30 extra on top of my BB plan to VZW for something I will use very rarely. On the other hand, Tetherberry, although it's a great program, seems like it could be a dangerous option as far as possible penalties if your carrier catches you. There should be a cheaper alternative offered by the carrier.
    03-09-09 01:43 PM
    Does anyone know(VZW) reps specifically... does Tetherberry actually violate terms of service? Is there a specific rule regarding using other sources for tethering?
    03-09-09 01:45 PM
    I'm annoyed they you guys over there get 5gb and us vodafoners get 500mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:56 PM
    I'm annoyed they you guys over there get 5gb and us vodafoners get 500mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We actually don't have a cap on the Blackberrry plan. It's the tethering plan that's capped. But even if it were capped at 5GB, it would be nearly impossible to hit 5GB without tethering the phone.
    03-09-09 09:02 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD