Can any other BB users tell me if the Storm will probably be able to act as the tethered modem to my laptop AND do local (on the device) web access at the same time?
    11-19-08 10:13 AM
    Try MOBISHARK it works on the storm. !time fee then you are golden....
    11-20-08 10:47 PM
    so im not to familiar with this tethering stuff but does that mean i can get internet on my laptop with the phone? im assuming it uses the minutes... so if its nights and weekends does that mean my internet would be free?
    11-20-08 10:52 PM
    I think it uses date not minutes.
    11-20-08 11:07 PM
    It will not use your minutes, verizon wants you to pay for this but there are workarounds....
    11-20-08 11:08 PM
    It will not use your minutes, verizon wants you to pay for this but there are workarounds....
    please do tell.. or post a link to instructions. Pleeeeease!
    11-20-08 11:22 PM
    Can any other BB users tell me if the Storm will probably be able to act as the tethered modem to my laptop AND do local (on the device) web access at the same time?
    im not sure if you will be able to use Web on your phone as well as use Web on your computer. Though, You can tether your storm with the tethering package. It costs 30 dollars extra on top of your data plan, if you have BIS = 30 dollars, then it costs another 30, if you have BES = 45 its only an extra 15. You just need VZWAccessManager. You can use MobiShark, not sure if it works on the storm yet, but it is in violation of your contract persay, and if you use it a few times a month, i don't think VZW will care, but if they see a spike in your downloading habits, they will investigate and see that you are using some other client and will shut off your service entirely
    11-20-08 11:26 PM
    i use 25 gigs a month on verzizon for the past year using usbmodem for windows mobile to get internet on my laptop. i am on the phone with customer service all the time and no one as has ever said a thing. its a beautiful world sometimes
    11-20-08 11:41 PM
    I too thought Verizon would care, but I have a motorola q and used pdanet on it for over a yeas and never got questioned. I used it all the time for geocaching, it would be hooked up all day at times and it worked perfectly. Too bad pdaynet wont work on a bb(YET)??? I gionna try MOBISHARK...
    11-21-08 02:32 AM
    399,023.27 kb and never have been questiond by verizon, for using a 3rd party app pdanet, with a motorola q as a tethered modem. I will take my chances with MOBISHARK...
    11-21-08 02:45 AM
    11-21-08 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD