I had a quick question in regards to the free (after the one time payment that is) tethering applications like TetherBerry.

If I am going on a trip and want to have tethering on my Storm/Laptop for only a week or so, would it be smarter to just go with Verizon's tethering? They told me it was $15 extra/month and prorated. That comes to a grand total of $4 for a week compared with $40 I would have to pay for TetherBerry.

Are there any other advantages to TetherBerry over Verizon's way of doing it? Can I do it though bluetooth with verizon's method? I know you have to use the USB cable with TetherBerry right now. Is Verizon's method easy to turn on and off? The 5GB cap makes no difference to me.

Thanks.
    03-10-09 01:55 PM
    You can try TetherBerry for a month and return it no questions asked for a full refund. You might even like it enough to keep it being that I'm sure you'll travel again at some point or be somewhere in which you have no wi-fi. The price of TetherBerry will be 39.99 until 3/12 then it will be 59.99. There is no bluetooth right now for TetherBerry, but I believe its set for a future release. I've never used Verizon's tethering but from all I've read TetherBerry is faster...Well worth it in my opinion.
    Last edited by mistamista2000; 03-10-09 at 02:17 PM.
    03-10-09 02:15 PM
    Yeah. I think I'm going to try and talk Verizon into a free month of theirs. I really don't plan on using the tethering again in the near future so whatever is cheapest that still works is what I'm looking for.

So is the Verizon method for sure slower? Does it seem decently fast? I don't want to feel like I'm on dial-up.

Any how about Bluetooth? Does the Verizon service let me use it with Bluetooth between the phone and comp?

Thanks.
    03-11-09 09:04 AM
    Bluetooth works great with verizon tethering. Just set it up once with your storm and you're done.
    03-11-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD