This has been discussed before and has been an issue that has gotten quite hot. I need to ask another question and don't need some self righteous do- gooder explaining to me why it is stealing and I am going to h3ll for it. O.K. here is the question. As long as you don't go over the "unlimited" monthly usage of 5gig is there any way VZW can tell you are tethering. I have read a lot on this in the forum but have not came across an answer yet.
    05-26-09 11:55 AM
    No if you use Tetherberry and don't go crazy, it runs the data through your browser so there is really no way to know you are tethering with it. I use it quite a bit and haven't had any issues.
    05-26-09 12:10 PM
    Thank you Adam for the answer. It's kind of cool to get your answer from one of the "big" guys. Good job on the forum by the way.
    05-26-09 01:25 PM
    one follow up question - speeds as good as with the native VZW access manager?
    05-26-09 04:10 PM
    I thought tetherberry used it own app to send info to the tetherberry app on the laptop?? And the tetherberry app actually goes through the tetherberry servers to connect to the internet. So if Verizon REALLY wanted to track down who was using Tetherberry I guess they could learn the IP addresses of the Tetherberry servers and see which storms are visiting it..
    05-26-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD