Has anyone had any experience using TetherBerry on theer Storm, specifically with Verizon? I think I'm interested in purchasing the package, but looking at the TetherBerry, forums it seems like it still has some serious issues. I'd really like to hear from someone who has used it ,either successfully or not.

Thanks

JLOB
    05-06-09 11:00 AM
    I had no issues. I'm not using it to replace my broadband or anything of that nature..but for regular web browsing..email..even youtube..works great.

Another alternative is pdanet, but I have no experience with it.

just stay away from sharkmodem.
    05-06-09 11:05 AM
    i was a beta tester for Tetherberry (for windows) and I loved it. In fact I loved it so much that I purchased it when it went final. Speed is great, ease of use is amazing. I recommend it!
    05-06-09 11:26 AM
    Does anyone know if TetherBerry breaks the Telus (unlimited data plan) TOS/TOC?
    05-06-09 11:33 AM
    It seems like Tetherberry just allows you to connect your computer to your BB and use it as a modem. Is that correct or is there something else I am missing?
    05-06-09 01:54 PM
    Does anyone know if TetherBerry breaks the Telus (unlimited data plan) TOS/TOC?
    You may just need to read data contract. From what I have read in the forum its anything over 5 for Verizonís so called unlimited data plan. I am not sure what Telus offers but with Verizon they have a similar service that does the same thing.

BB users also recommended that you donít use this app to download movies or ridiculously large files bc that data charge will show up and your provider may get suspicious at least with Verizon.
    05-06-09 02:01 PM
    Before you invest in Tetherberry, you may want to have a read of this thread over in the Verizon subforum. An unexpected $3K bill from VZW might be a bit of a financial stress.
    05-06-09 02:19 PM
    I have used both Tetherberry and PDANet. Personally, I like PDANet better. For normal use, I usually am right at 3.5 to 4mgb for the last 2 months. Verizon has not said anything. I, as well as many others, have used PDANet with Verizon on previous WinMo phones without recourse by Verizon. Read the threads that the "sky is falling" people will quote but understand, these incidents are referring to -
    1) using Tetherberry as a replacement for a full time broadband connection
    2) not having any Data plan in place
    05-06-09 03:26 PM
    I have a curve by t-mobile, but I plan on using tetherberry or pdanet fulltime in place of my broadband modem. Is tetherberry faster than dialup? Would it be a bad idea to use tetherberry or pdanet full-time? I do have a data plan.
    05-31-09 03:09 PM
    I would love to use pda-net instead of tetherberry with my verizon BB Storm because of the cost but PDA-net does not have a 64bit version yet and i just can't wait anymore.....it's been about 4 weeks since they told me " we are working on it and should have it in about 2 weeks" I guess i just have to bite the bullet and buy it...I am going to Europe for a month and will need to occasionally tether my laptop. I pay $69 extra for a data/email plan for Europe and I'll be dammed if I am going to pay another $30 to verizon just for the honor of using my storm as a modem
    05-31-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD