I just tried the app with Alltel, and no luck.

I keep getting "java.io.IOException: Couldn't write in receive"

I do not pay for tethering at all, I just figured that this might work without paying for the extra tethering charge. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Also when i checked the DNS settings on the PC under the tetherberry connection, it was a 192.168.*.* number, which means it was an internal ip that it was not reaching. I did not change any APN settings as I was told that CDMA users are not to touch their APN settings as it messes up everything on 3rd party apps
    Last edited by golf7; 03-08-09 at 11:24 PM.
    03-08-09 11:22 PM
    It might be the case that the demo is over if its past midnight in your country as the demo finished Monday 9th of March.

It goes on sale today. So if it doesn't work, that's why.

I think this is done via bad DNS settings.
    03-08-09 11:32 PM
    go to network connections, disable wireless and your LAN connection. only leave the tetherberry adapter enabled.

Go to internet settings in internet explorer make sure, "automatically detect configuration" is not ticked as well as NO proxies entered.

try again. should work now.
    I am using Vista SP1 When I open internet options > connections > i don't see tetherberry. Is it considered a VPN or LAN or Wireless?

I checked the settings you mentioned under LAN.

Also under network connections, I disconnected from my network (wireless home network) and it doesn't give me any other connections to use.
    03-09-09 12:32 AM
    What is up with tetherberry this morning it will only let me connect to their website. It is not launching for another 4 hours but I can not get to anything but their web site.

I was really depending on this program this morning while traveling to a destination where I will have other internet access

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:13 AM
    What is up with tetherberry this morning it will only let me connect to their website. It is not launching for another 4 hours but I can not get to anything but their web site.

I was really depending on this program this morning while traveling to a destination where I will have other internet access

03-09-09 08:25 AM
    What is up with tetherry berry this morning

It will only allow me to connect to their web site.

Any other web sites will not come up.

This is the one morning I was really needing it.

They will not sell a copy for another 4 hours so I can't even do an update

This is a disaster as iwould have done something else if I had known this was not goig to work after working for two plus weeks

03-09-09 08:39 AM
    The developers stated several times that all beta versions would stop working today. So until the lauch which happens later, it looks like you're out of luck.
    03-09-09 08:59 AM

This is a disaster as iwould have done something else if I had known this was not goig to work after working for two plus weeks

We haven't changed anything on our end yet and have just tested it on two different carrier networks and its working fine for us right now.
    03-09-09 09:01 AM
    Any word on a price yet and when will we be able to purchase?

03-09-09 09:06 AM
    We haven't changed anything on our end yet and have just tested it on two different carrier networks and its working fine for us right now.
    Awesome, so will the beta be up and running until the launch this afternoon?
    03-09-09 09:07 AM
    Everything is still working just fine here. I'm looking forward to hearing about the pricing as that will determine whether I will continue using the program - I'm crossing my fingers that it's reasonable!!
    03-09-09 10:02 AM
    My beta copy still works.

I can't wait to see the price as well!
    03-09-09 10:09 AM
    Few questions I'm hoping someone can answer...

1. Is it safe to assume that as long as I stay under 5GB of data usage a month that I will not be charged anything? I am currently a verizon customer.

2. When I am connected, using TetherBerry, as long as I'm not pulling up pages or downloading data, I won't have any data usage incurred, correct? The reason I ask is that it's nice at work to just have TetherBerry connected so that when I want to look at something on my personal computer, I can do so whenever I want rather than connecting and disconnecting several times throughout the day.

3. Is the best way to monitor my monthly data usage through Verizon? I would assume so but I just want to make sure that there isn't a better way. I just logged on to Verizon Wireless and checked my monthly data usage. It's easy enough to do, although the usage only updates every couple of days (it appears).

I love the ability to use my personal computer at work (as well as places that normally I wouldn't be able to such as on the road) but I just want to make sure that I don't get surprised with charges from Verizon.
    Last edited by theorangeman; 03-09-09 at 10:25 AM.
    03-09-09 10:15 AM
    Looks like it's $39.99
    03-09-09 10:42 AM
    yep...and you can order it now. good price...i am getting it now. good job tb folks!
    03-09-09 10:48 AM
    Still working for me.
    03-09-09 10:49 AM
    Any word yet on what the discounted price is that was said would be offered to beta testers?
    03-09-09 10:50 AM
    Already placed my order for $39.99. They take PayPal or any kind of credit card.
    03-09-09 11:01 AM
    I am pretty new to Blackberry and the Storm. Is this easy to connect? Is the $40 just a one time only charge? Can I use it on two laptops without an additional fee? This is a nice option that's for sure if it works. I just do not have a lot of computer saavy and do not want to get stuck screwing it up.
    03-09-09 11:07 AM
    On time fee. You only register the BB Pin so moving it between computers shouldn't be an issue. Setup is plug and play on Verizon.
    03-09-09 11:09 AM

wow..deja vu
    03-09-09 11:09 AM
    From Tetherberry.com terms of use:

"WHILE YOU MAY COPY THE SOFTWARE FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES, THE SOFTWARE IS BLACKBERRY PHONE SPECIFIC. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU CHANGE BLACKBERRY PHONES, IT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR YOU TO PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD A NEW COPY OF THE SOFTWARE, AT YOUR SOLE EXPENSE, IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO USE THE SERVICE THAT THE SOFTWARE PROVIDES. "

Now don't get me wrong, I use/love this product but for a few dollars more I would have liked to have the option for multiple phones. If you have multiple berries would you really pay for different "licenses"??? Again I love this and paid for mine already but I could see down the road if I upgrade or have an insurance replacement phone it could be annoying...
    Last edited by ryanrat; 03-09-09 at 11:15 AM. Reason: I can't spell...
    03-09-09 11:14 AM
    From Tetherberry.com terms of use:

"WHILE YOU MAY COPY THE SOFTWARE FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES, THE SOFTWARE IS BLACKBERRY PHONE SPECIFIC. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU CHANGE BLACKBERRY PHONES, IT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR YOU TO PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD A NEW COPY OF THE SOFTWARE, AT YOUR SOLE EXPENSE, IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO USE THE SERVICE THAT THE SOFTWARE PROVIDES. "

Now don't get me wrong, I use/love this product but for a few dollars more I would have liked to have the option for multiple phones. If you have multiple berries would you really pay for different "licenses"??? Again I love this and paid for mine already but I could see down the road if I upgrade or have an insurance replacement phone it could be annoying...
    They indicated if you change phones, you can register a new PIN but you can only use it on one phone at a time.
    03-09-09 11:16 AM
    My speeds on the paid version are about the same as the eval:

1069 down and 368 up. That is with 3 bars on the 3G network.
    03-09-09 11:18 AM
    I spoke with my buddy who works for Verizon as a tech and he stated that you have to have an unlimited blackberry data plan to use a blackberry on Verizon. Unlimited is the �KEY WORD�. Hope this help
    03-09-09 11:22 AM
1,668 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD