so how did you guys get this to work with your xbox live, can someone please explain?
    03-06-09 10:23 PM
    I tried to get Xbox Live to work with it also but could not figure it out. I bridged the connection between my ethernet port on my laptop and the TetherBerry connection but still did not work, said it couldn't find the IP address... Any Ideas?
    03-06-09 10:54 PM
    Sounds like I need to try this app.
    Two questions:
    -any idea what the cost will be?
    -Does this work on the 9530 as well as the 9000?
    03-07-09 12:11 AM
    The cost should be reasonable, other than that nobody really has an idea, other services like this charge $50 a year, but this will most likely be like a one time charge. and yes it works on the 9530, i'm using it right now.
    03-07-09 12:13 AM
    The cost should be reasonable, other than that nobody really has an idea, other services like this charge $50 a year, but this will most likely be like a one time charge. and yes it works on the 9530, i'm using it right now.
    Thanks! And that price seems rather reasonable, considering AT&T charges $30.00 a month for teathering.
    ANd I'm glad to hear that it works on the 9530...now if only i had free time to go to vzw and get the 9530.
    03-07-09 12:18 AM
    this is really frustrating, ive uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. i keep getting the invalid pointer error, and then cannot connect to the blackberry. what the heck am i doing wrong???????

edit, i have the latest DM and also installed the latest usb and modem drivers as well from blackberry.com
    03-07-09 01:22 AM
    Invalid Pointer means your desktop manager isnt the newest version
    03-07-09 01:23 AM
    Windows XP, Curve 8320, T Mobile...
    The downloads both went smoothly, initially I wasn't able to connect. Rooted around in the forums and added wap.voicestream.com to my TCP settings as the APN and voila I was surfing the net!The speeds are slow, about 148 down and 30 up, but this is a backup to my Sprint broadband wireless modem and I don't anticipate using it much, but it is nice to have a backup...my profession is emergency and disaster communications, so you can never have enough back up plans and tools! I think a fair price is $30 to $40.
    03-07-09 01:24 AM
    wow this is great i love this app. can use it while you are on a long road trip or what not. my speed is around 900 down and 200 up not bad at all i would be willing to pay like 30 to 40 for this
    03-07-09 02:09 AM
    Works great for me.

Two Questions:

1. Using this on a Storm on Verizon (have the $30/month unlimited data plan), will I ever get charged anything extra at all for using this tethering? Even if I use it every day for hours during the whole billing cycle??

2. Will the people like us who got the free beta always be able to use this for free now that we have it? Or will it stop working on the 9th and we'll have to pay to re-download it? I don't understand how the one we have now won't keep working forever for free since we have it already...??
    03-07-09 02:43 AM
    Works great for me.

Two Questions:

1. Using this on a Storm on Verizon (have the $30/month unlimited data plan), will I ever get charged anything extra at all for using this tethering? Even if I use it every day for hours during the whole billing cycle??
    same question I have. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?
    03-07-09 02:45 AM
    Works great for me.

Two Questions:

2. Will the people like us who got the free beta always be able to use this for free now that we have it? Or will it stop working on the 9th and we'll have to pay to re-download it? I don't understand how the one we have now won't keep working forever for free since we have it already...??
    A1.The tethering shows up as normal internet usage from other applications on your blackberry and to be on the safe side keep the usage below 5Gbs a month.

A2. You will have to purchase this application but Beta testers will get a discount, and it will stop working the same way trial applications do, you'll need to by a license. Beta stops working on Monday, March 9th 2009
    03-07-09 04:40 AM
    this is awesome!!
    03-07-09 06:35 AM
    Who got box live to work
    03-07-09 06:46 AM
    I have a similar program on my Treo called PDAnet and they only charge $20, which was a one time price to pay for unlimited tethering they are working on a BB version!!!!!!
    03-07-09 07:17 AM
    I have a similar program on my Treo called PDAnet and they only charge $20, which was a one time price to pay for unlimited tethering they are working on a BB version!!!!!!
    They charge $34.00 now.....PDANet for Palm/WinMo is a great product.
    03-07-09 07:33 AM
    Invalid Pointer means your desktop manager isnt the newest version
    oh yes i do. read my post. anyways i have 4.7.0.32 loaded on my vista 32 notebook. why do i still get the invalid pointer error if i have the latest version installed?
    03-07-09 07:48 AM
    yeah being in canada with only rogers bell and telus and the dumb rules sucks foe canadians. I'm waiting for someone who has tried it in canada too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are three partners involved in TetherBerry. We're all based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

One partner has Telus.
    One partner has Rogers.
    I have Bell.

I think that covers them all

No tethering fees on our end, or we woulda stopped development a long time ago.
    03-07-09 08:10 AM
    Yay go Canada
    03-07-09 09:06 AM
    i cant seem to make this work. downloaded the program on my laptop - looks fine. downloaded the app on my BB, but i keep getting this message: Tunnel Failed, Failed to locate server.
    i already checked my TCP and APN settings, and i think that's fine too. why won't it work? :-(
    03-07-09 09:11 AM
    So how fast do you think this will be blocked for Verizon users, and can they do that? Or can they only shut you down personally if you use it too much?
    03-07-09 09:15 AM
    i cant seem to make this work. downloaded the program on my laptop - looks fine. downloaded the app on my BB, but i keep getting this message: Tunnel Failed, Failed to locate server.
    i already checked my TCP and APN settings, and i think that's fine too. why won't it work? :-(
    Make sure you're desktop manager is up to date
    03-07-09 09:19 AM
    They charge $34.00 now.....PDANet for Palm/WinMo is a great product.
    this is a great program. it is a palm favorite, for sure. if tetherberry is $35 or less, i will probably go with tetherberry...but it's nice that pdanet is working on the blackberry app so we have options.
    03-07-09 09:30 AM
    wow this is great i love this app. can use it while you are on a long road trip or what not. my speed is around 900 down and 200 up not bad at all i would be willing to pay like 30 to 40 for this
    Just a question. How are you supposed to know what the speed is? I see where it says data packetes sent and recieved. What does that mean though?
    03-07-09 09:48 AM
    Just a question. How are you supposed to know what the speed is? I see where it says data packetes sent and recieved. What does that mean though?
    On my laptop, I just ran Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test with and without tethering (WiFi vs. BB) That showed me that in my case 3G is about 80% the download speed of my wifi connection.
    03-07-09 10:17 AM
1,668 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD