We are currently developing a Mac version of TetherBerry and we would like your help to try it out and provide feedback.
    Mac Beta | TetherBerry
    03-20-09 12:48 PM
    Without having to read over 50 pages of posts, what is "TetherBerry"...?
    This is from our FAQs:

What does your software do?
    Our software allows you to attach your BlackBerry to your computer and funnel internet to it. You can get high speed internet anywhere you can get cell phone reception.
    03-20-09 12:49 PM
    I was a Beta tester, then I purchased the app on day one of its release. Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to Patrick and his team, and to say that I still love the app. It works great!!!
    03-20-09 01:19 PM
    Without having to read over 50 pages of posts, what is "TetherBerry"...?

I can connect my wireless devices to my BlackBerry now?

Come on...for real?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 04:15 PM
    Getting pissed here and I dn't mean drunk. I participated in the beta and I purchased tetherberry when it first became available at the discount price. However I have yet to be able to download it. I have been in touch with Patrick Hankinson and he said it was a problem with their database. He asked for my pin and said he would take care of it. That was on March 11. Since that time he not responded to my emails. Is this company still in business?? Have I been taken? I guess my next step is to contact Paypal and claim fraud. Patrick if you read this contact me within the next 24 hours or I will file a complaint with Paypal.
    I didn't see anyone answer this yet, so I'll take a stab with my experience...

I ordered on the extended discount after being a beta tester (but only trying it about once on the x64), and I was able to download and access immediately after inputing my PIN.

I had a screen problem come up three days ago, so before returning my BB, I used their support form from the website to ask if I'd get charged for the warranty exchange (and thus having to change my PIN in their system)...I got my reply within a few hours from Patrick.

I'm pretty sure they're still in business (tethering is still working; I'm on it now), did you try the web form?
    03-20-09 05:35 PM
    I was a Beta tester, then I purchased the app on day one of its release. Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to Patrick and his team, and to say that I still love the app. It works great!!!
    I'll second that
    03-20-09 07:48 PM
    I didn't see anyone answer this yet, so I'll take a stab with my experience...

I ordered on the extended discount after being a beta tester (but only trying it about once on the x64), and I was able to download and access immediately after inputing my PIN.

I had a screen problem come up three days ago, so before returning my BB, I used their support form from the website to ask if I'd get charged for the warranty exchange (and thus having to change my PIN in their system)...I got my reply within a few hours from Patrick.

I'm pretty sure they're still in business (tethering is still working; I'm on it now), did you try the web form?
    We are still in business and thriving. We have resolved Corporate Trainers problems.
    03-21-09 11:49 AM
    Come on...for real?

I suppose he's never heard of Google.
    03-22-09 11:28 AM
    We are currently developing a Mac version of TetherBerry and we would like your help to try it out and provide feedback.
    Mac Beta | TetherBerry
    I purchased the software first day and was using it through VMware on my mac. Will I be able to use the new software regularly when it comes out without other fees?
    03-22-09 01:18 PM
    So what exactly is the process for changing your pin in the system if you have to switch phones under warranty? Is it free? Who do I need to contact, etc.?

03-22-09 03:31 PM
    So what exactly is the process for changing your pin in the system if you have to switch phones under warranty? Is it free? Who do I need to contact, etc.?

I just had the same issue - I emailed support with my warranty exchange situation since the TOS says it's tied to the device itself (and is like a $9 fee or something to switch if you upgrade), and I got a very quick response with permission to switch my PIN online for the exchange.

I haven't gotten charged for it (yet), so I don't know if they had to put an exception on my account or something.
    03-22-09 04:38 PM
    I just had the same issue - I emailed support with my warranty exchange situation since the TOS says it's tied to the device itself (and is like a $9 fee or something to switch if you upgrade), and I got a very quick response with permission to switch my PIN online for the exchange.

I haven't gotten charged for it (yet), so I don't know if they had to put an exception on my account or something.

TetherBerry has changed their policy on this as of 3/14...
    We just wanted let everyone know that we have removed the $9.95 fee to change your PIN. It is now free and you can do it from your own account.
    03-22-09 07:07 PM
    Mac Beta | TetherBerry
    i just signed up for the beta program! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
    03-23-09 02:39 PM
    no BB user should be without this app. after hrs of trying to get my bb to work on my laptop and reading post that say you have to have it on your account for 60 a month i say no way let me give this a shot and to my surprise its faster that my air card that i use to use hands down this app is worth every penny.
    03-24-09 03:21 AM
    3 Words: THIS APP ROCKS!!!
    03-24-09 07:57 AM
    ok i'm not getting the difference between this and connecting my bb to my laptop via the usb cord with my data plan. Tmobile tells me I have unlimited access.. is tetherberry faster?
    ALso, does tetherberry use a cord to connect phone to laptop? or what?
    03-24-09 11:07 PM
    ok i'm not getting the difference between this and connecting my bb to my laptop via the usb cord with my data plan. Tmobile tells me I have unlimited access.. is tetherberry faster?
    ALso, does tetherberry use a cord to connect phone to laptop? or what?
    Tetherberry allows you to use your phone as a modem to get internet access pn your laptop when you are away from home. You connect using your usb cord.

If you don't use this app you world have to pay your carrier vzw extra for this.

03-24-09 11:16 PM
    has anyone used tetherberry for a long period of time with thier Verizon BB and incurred high charges. im thinking bout getting tetherberry and im just worried bout getting charged even though i have the BIS unlimited package. i read somewhere i tetherberry.com that id have to check with my carrier if i would get charged data for tethering without proper package even though tetherberry eleminates that. i figured id ask the experts here.
    03-26-09 10:24 AM
    Just signed up for the mac beta, are we going to be able to download it an try it?
    03-26-09 03:04 PM
    Just curious about an update on the Mac Beta... Thanks !
    03-26-09 09:01 PM
    I signed but where can i download the beta for mac?
    03-26-09 09:05 PM
    I signed but where can i download the beta for mac?
    Did you receive an email from Tetherberry? I think that's how we downloaded the initial Beta version for the PC.
    03-27-09 12:24 PM
    Did you receive an email from Tetherberry? I think that's how we downloaded the initial Beta version for the PC.
    I have not recieved any email bummer i really want to try this for my mac
    03-27-09 09:46 PM
    has anyone used tetherberry for a long period of time with thier Verizon BB and incurred high charges. im thinking bout getting tetherberry and im just worried bout getting charged even though i have the BIS unlimited package. i read somewhere i tetherberry.com that id have to check with my carrier if i would get charged data for tethering without proper package even though tetherberry eleminates that. i figured id ask the experts here.
    I am currently at 4GB of usage for the month and it is showing up as unlimited blackberry data usage. My last actual tethering charges that have showed up on my counter were from when I downloaded the Tetherberry app. Right now my blackberry is my only form of internet access where I am at. Because of that I am actually signed up for the tethering plan just as a CMA but tetherberry is so much easier to connect with. I think though after this month I will be dropping it and seeing what happens. Verizon gets a ton of money from me every year so I think that it is only right that I optimize my value on my end as much as possible. I still have 7 more days on my current billing cycle.
    03-27-09 09:54 PM
    Not sure if Tetherberry has a forum on its web site, but I'm guessing you can get in line for testing the mac version there.
    03-28-09 09:26 AM
1,668 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD