We just wanted let everyone know that we have removed the $9.95 fee to change your PIN. It is now free and you can do it from your own account.
    03-14-09 10:28 PM
    We just wanted let everyone know that we have removed the $9.95 fee to change your PIN. It is now free and you can do it from your own account.
    SWEET!!! The app keeps getting better =)

Can you make the app minimize to the system tray? I hate that it stay up in the task bar...would be a lot easier if it minimized to the tray =D
    03-14-09 10:31 PM

Can you make the app minimize to the system tray? I hate that it stay up in the task bar...would be a lot easier if it minimized to the tray =D
    Ditto on this request!!
    03-14-09 11:08 PM
    100% the right decision, I applaud you guys for this!
    03-14-09 11:09 PM

I don't mind having it run on the task bar. However I have this innate ability to randomly click the exit without meaning to. So minimizing to the system tray would be great.
    03-14-09 11:10 PM
    i just wanted to say that the developers are by far the best there is , they listen and act upon any suggestions that we say , i bought the application and never use it at all but i just wanted to support them , you never know , i might use it one time but to this day and before tetherberry i have never used any wifi or such app on my laptop due to the fact that my laptop weight more then 8 pounds ,looool, its a precision
    03-14-09 11:27 PM
    Glad you guys support our decision
    03-14-09 11:35 PM
    Seems to me that Verizon or whomever would make a connection between third party applications like Tetherberry and selling more phones. I know of two new customers now on Verizon that bought BBerries and data plans to be able to use the tethering option via Tetherberry. So, more customers, more data plans, they (Verizon) have already agreed to provide up to 5 Gigs of data... so... I don't see where Verizon's taking a hit on this, I see it as more revenue for them. Just my opinion.... Thanks.
    I see your point- however if EVERYONE used 5GB of bandwidth- then there would be an issue. it's just like you home. It may have a 100amp or 200 amp service coming into it- however rarely do you pull that much at any given time. IF everyone on your street maxed out the amps- then the power company would have a dilema on their hand- a huge one. The average layperson doesn't realize the importance of bandwidth.

I personally do not see an issue with it- 5gb is a lot. I use slacker all day and I my usage has never gone over 3gb in a billing cycle.
    03-14-09 11:47 PM
    I asked this in the comments section of the Tetherberry givaway but no response so I will ask here. Has anyone that won a free copy actually received their copy yet. I received an email 3 days ago asking for my PIN which I promptly sent and have received nothing yet concerning my free copy. I have however received promotional mail about purchasing of which I replied to inquiring about the free copy winners and did receive a quick reply explaining that they have 100 free winners to process.

My apologies if this post upsets anyone, but I'm having a really hard time keeping my own personal "rigid sometimes quite pompous business ethic" opinion to myself. Please let me know if you're a free copy winner and have received you copy yet.

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Sunday!
    03-15-09 08:31 AM
    I think that they have been talking about changing a few things hence the delay.

They just removed the $9.99 charge for changing pins when getting a new berry on an existing TB account.

This is good news for everyone!

Just be patient. At least u won something....
    03-15-09 08:58 AM
    That's amazing! Buying it right now!
    03-15-09 09:26 AM
    Lol this doesn't look good already, trying to enter my pin:

Site off-line
    The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

Working now
    03-15-09 09:30 AM
    I think that they have been talking about changing a few things hence the delay.

They just removed the $9.99 charge for changing pins when getting a new berry on an existing TB account.

This is good news for everyone!

Just be patient. At least u won something....
    Changing policies doesn't have anything to do with them fullfulling their commitment to Crackberry when they agreed to giving away 100 free copies. I am very grateful for having won something, however I am feeling their priorities are a bit screwed up right now. And I'm feeling this is a customer service issue whether paying or not paying, it's still about customer service and the winners should be processed in the same order as paying customers. If they are having issues then they should make a statement addressing whatever the issue is.

This is just my personal opinion and does not represent opinions of anyone other than myself.

Also I was to clarify, I am not suggesting that Tetherberry will not give us our free copies. My issue is the amount of time that it is taking them to do so, I understand they have new sales coming in also, but we as the winners should have been considered paying customers as soon as the winners were posted and processing should take priority over any orders that were submitted afterwards and it appears the paying customers aren't having any issues with getting their registrations. This is my issue only. They also seem to have had time to Twitter and write up a new promo emails for mass mailing to lure in paying customers, these 2 things are what go me started, otherwise I would have been very patient and probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Yes I know I can be arrogant and pompous about my feelings about how business should be conducted, I stated that in the previous post and again, this is Only my opinion and nothing more.
    Last edited by pegb856; 03-15-09 at 11:41 AM.
    03-15-09 11:29 AM
    I don't remember seeing a timeline for processing the winners for their free copy. Is this an assumption on your part?
    03-15-09 01:39 PM
    Didnt you guys say you were a canadian company? Why use stateside servers? I don't claim to know canadian laws regarding Copyright/Patent Infringement (Tetherberry vs VZAccess). But one could assume at the very least eventually VZW will get wind and try to put a stop your app. Is your servers US based to?

Domain Name: TETHERBERRY.COM
    Registrar: 1 & 1 INTERNET AG
    Whois Server: whois.schlund.info
    Referral URL: registrar.schlund.info - Home
    Name Server: NS1.THESERVERPRO.COM
    Name Server: NS2.THESERVERPRO.COM
    Updated Date: 17-feb-2009
    Creation Date: 15-feb-2009
    Expiration Date: 15-feb-2010

admin-c-firstname: Oneandone
    admin-c-lastname: Private Registration
    admin-c-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
    admin-c-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300
    admin-c-street2: ATTN: tetherberry.com
    admin-c-pcode: 19087
    admin-c-state: PA
    admin-c-city: Chesterbrook
    admin-c-ccode: US
    admin-c-phone: +1.8772064254
    admin-c-email: [email protected]

Doesnt that just leave open you up for a host of issues when VZW's laywers gets ahold of all this? Tetherberry is clearly a violation of VZW's TOS moreso people who engage in tethering through your application are basically stealing a service VZW offers as a bolt on. Stating that users MAY be violating there TOS by purchasing and using your 3rd party app does not indemnify you from the possibility of suite.

If you think I'm full of it I direct your attention to this article of APPLE Vs. Jailbreaking IPhone.
    Apple says jailbreaking is illegal
    Electronic Frontier Foundation
    The Actual Fileing
    It may be awhle before a decision is made as the articles above are fairly recent, but I'm sure you see the trend.

/flame on
    Last edited by Kaus; 03-15-09 at 02:44 PM.
    03-15-09 02:14 PM
    enough already!!!!!..if you are scared to get fees dont buy and dont use it!!

all these posters complaining and trying to scare everybody! i have been using pdanet for years and have never gotten any extra charges with verizon.

if we get charged then o well....just getting old,same warnings..we know we take a chance..we get it.

if you are scared dont buy it...
    03-15-09 02:44 PM

all these posters complaining and trying to scare everybody! i have been using pdanet for years and have never gotten any extra charges with verizon.

if we get charged then o well....just getting old,same warnings..we know we take a chance..we get it.

Ignorance is bliss. I'm not worried about "getting in trouble" worse case they term the average user. My reply is more directed at Tetherberry and there lack of acknowledgment of the T.O.S. their users ARE violating by using their software. Disagreeing with the status quo does not label me as a complainer, personally I could care less if you and others choose to use their software. Showing both sides of the "argument" allows people to make informed buying decisions, wouldnt you agree?

Personally I would hate to spend 39.99+ and have VZW throw a injunction/cease and desist/etc to shut down the servers their way later this year.
    Last edited by Kaus; 03-15-09 at 03:06 PM.
    03-15-09 02:59 PM

I agree with everything you've said. Nobody is holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to get TetherBerry. You do have options. If you don't like it then by all means go through Verizon's tethering plan. People have been tethering by non-Verizon means for years. There is also MobiShark for the BlackBerry and PDANet just put out a BlacBerry version. I don't see all of this legal questioning when it comes to those products. If you have a problem with the software just don't use it. I don't think the process is that difficult.
    03-15-09 03:08 PM
    I don't remember seeing a timeline for processing the winners for their free copy. Is this an assumption on your part?
    Yep, I guess it is an assumption. I've said my piece and now it's time to move on.

I agree with the above post, if you're affraid of the repercussions of using the application then don't use it.

Again I'm sorry if I upset anyone, lets just go back to talking about how great the application is and how well it is working for everyone.

Happy Happy Sunday to all!
    03-15-09 03:10 PM
    Didnt you guys say you were a canadian company? Why use stateside servers? I don't claim to know canadian laws regarding Copyright/Patent Infringement (Tetherberry vs VZAccess). But one could assume at the very least eventually VZW will get wind and try to put a stop your app. Is your servers US based to?

Domain Name: TETHERBERRY.COM
    Registrar: 1 & 1 INTERNET AG
    Whois Server: whois.schlund.info
    Referral URL: registrar.schlund.info - Home
    Name Server: NS1.THESERVERPRO.COM
    Name Server: NS2.THESERVERPRO.COM
    Updated Date: 17-feb-2009
    Creation Date: 15-feb-2009
    Expiration Date: 15-feb-2010

admin-c-firstname: Oneandone
    admin-c-lastname: Private Registration
    admin-c-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
    admin-c-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300
    admin-c-street2: ATTN: tetherberry.com
    admin-c-pcode: 19087
    admin-c-state: PA
    admin-c-city: Chesterbrook
    admin-c-ccode: US
    admin-c-phone: +1.8772064254
    admin-c-email: [email protected]

Doesnt that just leave open you up for a host of issues when VZW's laywers gets ahold of all this? Tetherberry is clearly a violation of VZW's TOS moreso people who engage in tethering through your application are basically stealing a service VZW offers as a bolt on. Stating that users MAY be violating there TOS by purchasing and using your 3rd party app does not indemnify you from the possibility of suite.

If you think I'm full of it I direct your attention to this article of APPLE Vs. Jailbreaking IPhone.
    Apple says jailbreaking is illegal
    Electronic Frontier Foundation
    The Actual Fileing
    It may be awhle before a decision is made as the articles above are fairly recent, but I'm sure you see the trend.

/flame on
    dude.. seriously stfu if you dont want to use the software then DONT. it is up to each user to decide if it violates their wireless companys TOS. People with ATT, tmobile, alltel, cricket, boost, nextel, etc ( ANY COMPANY THAT HAS BLACKBERRYS) also can use this software and it may not be against their TOS so seriously shutup and go kill yourself
    03-15-09 03:13 PM
    dude.. seriously stfu if you dont want to use the software then DONT. it is up to each user to decide if it violates their wireless companys TOS. People with ATT, tmobile, alltel, cricket, boost, nextel, etc ( ANY COMPANY THAT HAS BLACKBERRYS) also can use this software and it may not be against their TOS so seriously shutup and go kill yourself
    Typical 13year old response. Actually it's up the the companies to act on it if it Violates THEIR Terms Of Service and it's up the the USERS if they are going to follow the useage agreements. Do try to join the conversation when youve grown up some k?

Oh and im positive it violates VZW's TOS (Alltel is still being assimilated :P). (I work for VZW)

Tmobile:
    1. Permissible and Prohibited Uses

Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your device and not on any other equipment. Unless explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, tethering your device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted.

ATT:
    Furthermore, plans(unless specifically designated for tethering usage) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/PDA-to computer accessories, Bluetooth� or any other wireless technology) to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for any purpose. Accordingly, AT&T reserves the right to (i) deny, disconnect, modify and/or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone it believes is using the Service in any manner prohibited or whose usage adversely impacts its wireless network or service levels or hinders access to its wireless network, including without limitation, after a significant period of inactivity or after sessions of excessive usage and (ii) otherwise protect its wireless network from harm, compromised capacity or degradation in performance, which may impact legitimate data flows. You may not send solicitations to AT&T's wireless subscribers without their consent. You may not use the Services other than as intended by AT&T and applicable law. Plans are for individual, non-commercial use only and are not for resale. AT&T may, but is not required to, monitor your compliance, or the compliance of other subscribers, with AT&T's terms, conditions, or policies.

Sprint/Nextel
    Specific Terms & Restrictions On Using Data Services
    In addition to the rules for using all of our other Services, unless we identify the Service or Device you have selected as specifically intended for that purpose (for example, wireless routers, Data Link, etc.), you can’t use our data Services: (1) with server devices or host computer applications, or other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions; and (2) as a substitute or backup for private lines or frame relay connections. We reserve the right to limit or suspend any heavy, continuous data usage that adversely impacts our network performance or hinders access to our network. If your Services include unlimited web or data access, you also can’t use your Device as a modem for computers or other equipment, unless we identify the Service or Device you have selected as specifically intended for that purpose (for example, with "phone as modem" plans, Sprint Mobile Broadband card plans, wireless router plans, etc.).

--------------
    I can go on but there really is no need they are all the same generally, while I did invite the /flame on. Lambasting people and telling them to kill themselves for their opinions is just childish.
    Last edited by Kaus; 03-15-09 at 04:05 PM.
    03-15-09 03:40 PM
    asked this in the comments section of the Tetherberry givaway but no response so I will ask here. Has anyone that won a free copy actually received their copy yet. I received an email 3 days ago asking for my PIN which I promptly sent and have received nothing yet concerning my free copy. I have however received promotional mail about purchasing of which I replied to inquiring about the free copy winners and did receive a quick reply explaining that they have 100 free winners to process.

My apologies if this post upsets anyone, but I'm having a really hard time keeping my own personal "rigid sometimes quite pompous business ethic" opinion to myself. Please let me know if you're a free copy winner and have received you copy yet.

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Sunday!
    http://crackberry.com/tetherberry-co...ners-announced
    Says on the bottom they will contact you by next week.

Happy Sunday and Congrats
    03-15-09 03:51 PM
    It says they've heard of speeds up to 1800 kbps. Is that kilobits or kilobytes per second? There is a big difference between the two, that's why I'm asking. 1800 kilobytes would be too unreal!
    03-15-09 03:55 PM
    It says they've heard of speeds up to 1800 kbps. Is that kilobits or kilobytes per second? There is a big difference between the two, that's why I'm asking. 1800 kilobytes would be too unreal!
    Kbps (Kilobits) KBps KB/s (Kilobyte)
    FAQs | TetherBerry
    Last edited by Kaus; 03-15-09 at 04:14 PM.
    03-15-09 04:09 PM
    Wow! What an awesome app! I just tested the bandwidth and download speed was 115 kilobytes per second. The 1800 they refer to must be in kilobits which equals ~230 or so kilobytes per second. There are 8 kilobits (Kb) per kilobyte (KB)
    03-15-09 04:11 PM
1,668 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD