Ok I have the over under on price that comes out on the 9th. at $50.00

What does everyone think over or under?
    You should really set the O/U amount to $50.5 to avoid a push if it ends up being exactly $50.

[ ] TBerry 50.5 (-110)o
    [ ] TBerry 50.5 (-110)u

Standard wager of 100 crackberry chips to win 110?
    03-05-09 10:56 AM
    Just tried to call my phone while using tetherberry and lost my connection. Is this a common issue? If so, will the alpha version allow this?
    I believe this is a limitation of Verizon's network....no simultaneous voice & data, same reason we do not receive emails during phone calls....if I'm misunderstanding ur statement/question, let me know.
    03-05-09 12:57 PM
    Sorry, but I got a chuckle out of that. Remember, alpha comes before beta; not the other way around.

You have to remember that the beta software will fail to work after Monday the 9TH, when the alpha version is released.
    03-05-09 01:30 PM
    I believe this is a limitation of Verizon's network....no simultaneous voice & data, same reason we do not receive emails during phone calls....if I'm misunderstanding ur statement/question, let me know.
    Correct.. That is the catch with CDMA service providers.. They can't transmit both at once. I believe GSM carriers like t mobile can.... It would be nice to get these notices while on a call but o well...
    03-05-09 06:01 PM
    Has anyone had trouble with getting the app working today? Ever since I got home I can send a few packets but don't get a response and nothing will work. And it is connected successfully so please help. And yes I have reception :P
    Last edited by evulhotdog; 03-05-09 at 06:43 PM.
    03-05-09 06:39 PM
    Sorry, but I got a chuckle out of that. Remember, alpha comes before beta; not the other way around.
    The what comes after Beta because as i understand Alpha is always better than Beta, It's not like the alphabet
    03-05-09 06:55 PM
    works beautifully
    03-05-09 07:23 PM
    OK just a follow up from my problem on page 53... I went home and totally deleted all traces of the drivers and software.. reinstalled and popped right up! Thanks for the help guys! anyone else having a similar problem when upgrading and not working can refer to the suggestions on page 53!!!
    03-05-09 07:39 PM
    Even after deleting the network adaptar through device manager, all drivers, uninstalling software, redownloading software and reinstalling 6 times, I still cannot get the unplugged message. Someone please help. I love this app, had absolutely no problems with previous versions and I am going to be out of town this weekend and could really use this.
    03-05-09 09:00 PM
    I've managed to get TetherBerry to work with only some success.

The main problem I have is that the application freezes the Blackberry and will not open. If I press the "end call" button it unfreezes the blackberry, but the application will not open. If I press alt+back to switch applications, the TetherBerry icon is present, but it will not load the TetherBerry app screen. It's as if the app is unresponsive. I have changed the app settings for TetherBerry to give it full allowances. And I believe that my APN settings are correct because the blackberry browser works fine as well as other apps that utilize my data connection. This problem occurs about 75% of the time.

I'm using a blackberry curve 8310, OS version 4.5 and Windows XP 32bit

Please help!

Thanks.
    Last edited by tonybologna000; 03-05-09 at 09:12 PM.
    03-05-09 09:10 PM
    I signed up for the beta but how long does it take?

I really need something like this as Telus charges $8/MB
    03-05-09 09:14 PM
    Sorry, I haven't been as active today on the forums. Really busy!

If anyone is experiencing issues when they try loading TetherBerry on their Blackberry, where it seems to "freeze", please download the latest:
    http://tetherberry.com/v2/TetherBerry.jad

This is version 1.0.4.
    03-05-09 09:28 PM
    OMG thank you sooo much

This works flawlessly on Vista 64 ultimate with the Storm 9530 OS .109 on telus

I wanted to take the survey but its not up.

So easy to set up and works amazing.

Are there anythings we need to do to stay under the radar???????

Can we do any gaming????
    03-05-09 09:38 PM
    I just received the link from tetherberry to test the software. Easy installation and easy to use. Received a call restarted tetherberry worked fine. No issues so far. Great program!!!!!!

XP Machine
    beta os .109
    Last edited by 9530newbie; 03-05-09 at 09:58 PM.
    03-05-09 09:42 PM
    Installed version 1.0.4 and still freezes on my 8310 curve.

Any ideas?
    03-05-09 09:59 PM
    installed latest version, launch it on storm, nothing happens.
    03-05-09 10:39 PM
    Sorry, I haven't been as active today on the forums. Really busy!

If anyone is experiencing issues when they try loading TetherBerry on their Blackberry, where it seems to "freeze", please download the latest:
    http://tetherberry.com/v2/TetherBerry.jad

This is version 1.0.4.
    this version also freezes up my blackberry until i use program switcher and change to another program. have since deleted the program.

interested,but not good first try and get instant lock ups.

if you want more info msg me im prepared to test other versions for you. but wont be actively checking this thread.

Im running 109 , vodafone sydney
    03-05-09 10:42 PM
    finally up and running. I found one more network adapter that I hadn't disabled in device manager. Suddenly all is well again.
    03-05-09 11:04 PM
    Why does it freeze for me when i try launch tetherberry on my black berry?

I downloaded and installed the latest...

launched on PC , plugged in USB cord, launched tetherberry on blackberry.. nothing happens on blackberry side but it locks up...
    03-05-09 11:20 PM
    Amazing application, I am curious what the charge will be on the 9th, well done. I am amazed that it's a) much faster than the normal tethering that verizon provides, and b) works with my corporate vpn.

Great job guys.
    03-06-09 01:05 AM
    For everyone that was having the freezing issue, I was able to reproduce the issue by not having the correct APN settings for my phone.

I've made a modification to the program so that it doesn't lock up anymore but now shows an error message on the main screen. You can get the new version at http://www.tetherberry.com/v2/TetherBerry.jad. It should show version number 1.0.5.

The error I get when this happens is Tunnel Failed. If you get this error please confirm that you have your APN settings correct in the Options->Advanced Options->TCP. Also make sure that you don't have any IT Policies that are blocking direct connections. If you are not allowed to make direct connections with your phone, I can make it go through your BES but you will need a custom version for that at the moment and your BES administrator will probably need to allow a couple connections on their end.

I hope this helps the people that are still having issues.
    03-06-09 06:08 AM
    Will there be support for the TomTom in the future? I would absolutely LOVE to be able to use the data functions on my TomTom some day.
    03-06-09 08:29 AM
    For everyone that was having the freezing issue, I was able to reproduce the issue by not having the correct APN settings for my phone.

I've made a modification to the program so that it doesn't lock up anymore but now shows an error message on the main screen. You can get the new version at http://www.tetherberry.com/v2/TetherBerry.jad. It should show version number 1.0.5.

The error I get when this happens is Tunnel Failed. If you get this error please confirm that you have your APN settings correct in the Options->Advanced Options->TCP. Also make sure that you don't have any IT Policies that are blocking direct connections. If you are not allowed to make direct connections with your phone, I can make it go through your BES but you will need a custom version for that at the moment and your BES administrator will probably need to allow a couple connections on their end.

I hope this helps the people that are still having issues.
    im going to try it right now, see if it launches.
    03-06-09 08:56 AM
    nice. starts now. no apn
    03-06-09 09:14 AM
    is telus going to charge me that $8/mb if I use this??? I do not want to pay them anymore then the $200/month they are getting from me now.
    03-06-09 09:30 AM
1,668 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD