no memory leak..

registered...

checked memory and it hasn't moved

seems to work great....like others said...and option to re-lock would be all i'd ask for
    01-05-09 04:52 PM
    Went to buy this at stormlock.com and my shopping cart said it was out of stock??? PM'd Z...hope to hear something soon, and yes I already have and use talklock.
    01-05-09 05:21 PM
    I'm digging the look and feel of this new one. TalkLock is good, but I'm kinda tired of the picture and there's a real advantage to being able to see the real background. There's a cool factor to the slide on TalkLock but it wears off. The Esc key is perfect. Just need a relock feature.
    01-05-09 06:25 PM
    I too would like to purchase this app, when will it become available?
    01-05-09 06:34 PM
    Been over 24hrs. and memory is still good. I'd say no mem leak with StormLock.
    That's all I needed to hear. I'll be downloading this once there is an official release.

Also in regards to the people saying "holy crap talklock is free though", the author hasn't even announced a price yet, but say it is a few bucks, would you rather have something that doesn't slow the crap out of your phone in one day or that does. Also if you can afford a 200$ cell phone, 30$ a month data, why can you not afford a few dollars for an app.
    01-05-09 06:57 PM
    He has announced a price: 1.99.
    01-05-09 07:18 PM
    He has announced a price: 1.99.
    website quotes 1.95 (cough cough) lol
    01-05-09 08:17 PM
    Still running great! I've noticed no difference with it installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 08:24 PM
    Why not just use the lock button at the top of the phone?
    The lock button at the top of the phone locks access to the device but does not completely lock the screen. I want to completely lock the screen but not lock access to the device so I can put in my pocket for a few minutes without it dialing 911 and also not have to reenter my password if I want to use it again in 5 minutes.
    01-05-09 08:42 PM
    Yeah, please, let's not bloat the app with features that are not necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can understand why some would not be interested in an APP that also locks the screen when the storm is in their pocket, but some of us with bigger wads in our pockets than in our cheeks would like to see this feature.
    01-05-09 09:05 PM
    I've been testing this software for about a day and LOVE it. Here's what I found

1. There's just one potential bug, but I can't always duplicate it. I noticed that sometimes (about 50% of the time) the blackberry button can de-activate the program in addition to the escape key. I believe this is not intended the program.

2. It would be helpful if there was a way to re-activate the program during a call once it is turned off.

• I like that the program allows the user to see the screen.
    • I also like that it appears not to run in the background (I didn't notice it as a running application)
    • It doesn't seem to be affected by a headset, which is good.
    • It was also easy to install and doesn't take up much space.
    • The user can even deactivate it as desired without uninstalling it. There is an option to deactivate it in Options. Nice feature.

Well worth $2 IMHO.
    01-05-09 09:06 PM
    2. It would be helpful if there was a way to re-activate the program during a call once it is turned off.
    BB Menu Key -> Activate StormLock
    01-05-09 09:10 PM
    BB Menu Key -> Activate StormLock
    There is no such option while on a call on the version I am testing.
    01-05-09 09:13 PM
    There is no such option while on a call on the version I am testing.
    Sucks. I just bought v.1.0.4 from stormlock.com and it's there.
    01-05-09 09:16 PM
    Sucks. I just bought v.1.0.4 from stormlock.com and it's there.
    Makes sense. I was testing 1.0.2...

Good to hear its already been improved. Impressive!
    01-05-09 09:19 PM

Screen cap attached.
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 01-05-09 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Screen cap
    01-05-09 09:23 PM

I too am testing 1.0.2 and other than the re-lock I see no problems! I have no memory leak at all!
    01-05-09 09:36 PM
    1.0.2 here also, I'm happy to report that mem is fine , still.
    It dropped a little but I was messing with Garmin Mobile today on top of what I all ready do on it, so that's to be expected.
    01-05-09 09:51 PM
    Hello all,

I am happy to announce StormLock has been RELEASED!

Please use this thread for further StormLock discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...rmlock-130372/

Remember to still use [email protected] for any support related questions regarding StormLock.

Thank you for those who were testers. I am sorry more of you weren't able to test. All testers who provided feedback should have received a PM with their final version key. Please PM me if I missed you.

-Zaventh
    01-05-09 10:16 PM
    I'm just gonna add that I love your website too.
    01-05-09 10:25 PM
    anyway to make this a sticky so people can find the link to your site to download the app.
    01-06-09 10:40 AM
    Ok, purchased StormLock this evening, it is installed on my phone (shown in applications). No Icon is showing anywhere and its not locking the phone when I get a call?

What am I missing?

Downloaded OTA about 10 minutes ago.
    01-06-09 07:13 PM
    Ok, purchased StormLock this evening, it is installed on my phone (shown in applications). No Icon is showing anywhere and its not locking the phone when I get a call?

What am I missing?

Downloaded OTA about 10 minutes ago.
    Did you go to BB Options - StormLock to register it with the registration key that they emailed you?
    01-06-09 07:16 PM
    DOH!

Yup that was it.

Thanks.
    01-06-09 07:19 PM
    DOH!

Yup that was it.

Thanks.
    Cool.....glad to help.
    01-06-09 07:21 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD