Hello all,

I am happy to announce a new application for the BlackBerry Storm: StormLock. Essentially, StormLock fills yet another gap in the BlackBerry OS where while on the phone with the Storm, your face accidentally presses the mute and speakerphone keys. StormLock is less than 10k in size and is extremely battery efficient. While on a call, a natural and unobtrusive dialog will display while the touchscreen is disabled, giving you full visibility of the native screen. StormLock will automatically disable once all calls are completed or by simply pressing the escape key at any time during a call.

EDIT:
    Thank your for your PMs! I believe we have enough testers for now at least.

-Zaventh
    Last edited by zaventh; 01-04-09 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Reached Testers.MaxValue :)
    01-04-09 11:53 AM
    would you be able to make it a slider? instead of hitting a button, kind of like how the iphone has it. nice job anywho
    01-04-09 12:03 PM
    The slider isn't that great, some people have managed to almost triger it accidentally by the end of some calls, I doubt however they usually click on one of physical keys though. At least I don't.
    01-04-09 12:21 PM
    PM sent! Thanks man
    01-04-09 12:24 PM
    You've got PM!
    01-04-09 12:32 PM
    Sent you a PM.
    01-04-09 12:37 PM
    You have a PM
    01-04-09 12:38 PM
    sent mine to! its true the talk lock app always unlocks on me during my cals
    01-04-09 12:39 PM
    Sent PM and PIN, OS 83
    I much rather press a button as I've all ready unlocked TalkLock a couple times while on a call.
    Last edited by mrZoSo; 01-04-09 at 12:50 PM.
    01-04-09 12:39 PM
    This looks like great software. Much less gaudy than the offering from CellAvant and I do agree that pressing the escape key is certainly a nice alternative to the swipe.
    01-04-09 12:40 PM
    Hello all,

I am happy to announce a new application for the BlackBerry Storm: StormLock. Essentially, StormLock fills yet another gap in the BlackBerry OS where while on the phone with the Storm, your face accidentally presses the mute and speakerphone keys. StormLock is less than 10k in size and is extremely battery efficient. While on a call, a natural and unobtrusive dialog will display while the touchscreen is disabled, giving you full visibility of the native screen. StormLock will automatically disable once all calls are completed or by simply pressing the escape key at any time during a call.

Please PM me with your Storm model (9500, 9530), OS version, and PIN if you are interested in testing StormLock. I am looking for about 10 testers total. All testers who provide feedback will receive the final version free.

-Zaventh

FYI there already is an application which was featured on the blogs last week or so called "TalkLock" by cell Avant (pictured below) which does the same exact thing your application does and this application is 100% free...

CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers
    01-04-09 12:41 PM
    This looks like great software. Much less gaudy than the offering from CellAvant and I do agree that pressing the escape key is certainly a nice alternative to the swipe.

Hey it may be Gaudy but it gets the job done and it also has a very reasonable price tag.... FREE...
    01-04-09 12:43 PM
    PM sent. thanks
    01-04-09 12:51 PM
    Yes, I use talk lock and have no issues at all. The call remains locked and when I need to unlock it, I slide across and bang... can use my other features, and hey waddddaaayaaknow, it's free. Accidentally unlock with this app, you must slide your face across it cause I can't see how you unlock it during a call when your actually talking to someone.
    01-04-09 12:57 PM
    Yes, I use talk lock and have no issues at all. The call remains locked and when I need to unlock it, I slide across and bang... can use my other features, and hey waddddaaayaaknow, it's free. Accidentally unlock with this app, you must slide your face across it cause I can't see how you unlock it during a call when your actually talking to someone.
    I was thinking the same thing..Maybe they didn't download the update in which the slider snaps back if not moved all the way
    01-04-09 01:09 PM
    I've read that talklock has a huge memory leak, but they are working on it.
    01-04-09 01:20 PM
    Looks nice and clean. I would like to see this as a screen lock with the same simple unlock. (reminds me of hoe my Treo worked to unlock).
    I'm standing in line to try it out.
    01-04-09 01:27 PM
    I like this program better than talklock. I can see the screen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:38 PM
    Its not fair for anyone to decide if a developer should charge or not charge for software, even if there is somewhat similar software on the market. If you choose to go with TalkLock and not pay then do so, but if you choose StormLock and your choice is to pay a fee (when its available) then that decision is yours. Who says that StormLock may not be better, especially for those who state that TalkLock has a memory leak.
    01-04-09 02:40 PM
    Its not fair for anyone to decide if a developer should charge or not charge for software, even if there is somewhat similar software on the market. If you choose to go with TalkLock and not pay then do so, but if you choose StormLock and your choice is to pay a fee (when its available) then that decision is yours. Who says that StormLock may not be better, especially for those who state that TalkLock has a memory leak.
    I generally agree. If you like TalkLock, keep using it, but there's no reason there can't be two apps filling a similar purpose. It's like SoftReset and QuickPull. And we don't know how much the OP plans to charge yet, so it seems a little early to be condemning them for that. Maybe it'll only be a dollar or so, and if it's updated more often than TalkLock and is easier on resources, it might even be worth a few bucks.

But ultimately what does it really matter if the OP wants to charge $100 for their software? Does it somehow cause TalkLock to stop working on your phone? Are you being held at gunpoint and forced to buy the app? If not, just keep using TalkLock and don't worry yourself about what other people do.
    01-04-09 02:59 PM
    I was thinking the same thing..Maybe they didn't download the update in which the slider snaps back if not moved all the way
    I have the updated version of talklock and my face still somehow unlocks the screen. I'm excited that there will be another option out there; especially one where the call timer and other info is still visible!

Also, it has been a pet peeve of mine that despite having the slider, talklock still unlocks with any of the four hard buttons at the bottom. Why have the slider when you can just use the back button anyway?

01-04-09 04:17 PM
    I'm really liking it so far, and have had no problems with it.
    Just need to add the ability to "re-lock" and it'll be perfect
    01-04-09 04:24 PM
    i would like to test sent you a pm
    01-04-09 04:47 PM
    I'm really liking it so far, and have had no problems with it.
    Just need to add the ability to "re-lock" and it'll be perfect

I was just thinking the same thing. Relocking would be great.

01-04-09 04:50 PM
    Can you add an APP that locks the screen when you put the Storm in your pocket. I could assign the app to one of the convenience keys so when I want to put the Storm in my pocket I just push that convenience key. Then when I take it out of my pocket, I push the end key and it goes away.

The screen clicks so easy when it's in my pocket. I never know what it's going to be doing when I take it out of my pocket. I don't want to use the device lock key for this because then I have to put my password in if I want to use the Storm again in 5 minutes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Heavy_Metal; 01-04-09 at 06:25 PM.
    01-04-09 06:17 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD