lol funny, i realize now this is in the bb java ide that i downloaded, i was going to do the same thing you were till i realized that programming in .net is alot different than this crap.

its no wonder that apps are so few and far between for the bb. its hard as crap to write apps for.

as you said its not for us casual developers.

i can write descent apps in .net, but couldnt even get started in bb's java ide.
    01-07-09 02:10 PM
    I feel is is somewhat laggy. There is a perciptable delay from changing the attitude of the phone until the ball reacts.

Try shaking the phone as well. This is very slow to react.
    Something is wrong with your phone.
    01-07-09 02:11 PM
    Fantastic! This is exactly the goofy Sh it that iphone phanboys always point to as why the iphone is so awesome. Now where's the lightsaber app?
    01-07-09 02:15 PM
    I almost threw the phone on the ground until I realized you had to "start" the demo. Whoops.
    01-07-09 02:37 PM
    lol funny, i realize now this is in the bb java ide that i downloaded, i was going to do the same thing you were till i realized that programming in .net is alot different than this crap.

its no wonder that apps are so few and far between for the bb. its hard as crap to write apps for.

as you said its not for us casual developers.

i can write descent apps in .net, but couldnt even get started in bb's java ide.
    Once you get in and understand how it all works, it isn't ALL that bad -- but compared to Visual Studio/Express Editions, the development environment feels like I'm using something from the 80's. As long as you understand OOP and C# syntax, the flow of coding shouldn't be all that hard for you. (I'm saying that like I'm some expert, but just my opinion so far.)

From what little I've used it, doing text based/info driven app's aren't too horrible -- it's the graphics/media/gps/ other cool API's that might be the hard part.

Once you figure everything out, PM me and teach me all you know. I'll accept CSV brain dumps. Thanks! :-)
    01-07-09 02:41 PM
    This is amazing.. I would have never in a million years believed the accelerometer was this sensitive without using this demo. Nice work.
    01-07-09 02:42 PM
    I almost threw the phone on the ground until I realized you had to "start" the demo. Whoops.
    <points and laughs> I can only do that, because I did the same thing at first...

Me, to myself: "WTF it worked in the simulator. Damnit ball, roll. roll now I tell you! <shakes phone around>" ... clicked the options button and felt like a ******.
    01-07-09 02:47 PM
    is the bb java JDE/SDK/IDE whatever free?
    01-07-09 02:56 PM
    is the bb java JDE/SDK/IDE whatever free?
    Yep, the whatever is right BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone there. Good luck man --- you'll need it.
    01-07-09 03:01 PM
    this is pretty nice
    01-07-09 03:20 PM
    i can't get it to download... it did on my previous phone but now I get an error???
    01-11-09 02:01 AM
    link is dead..anyone else got a good one?
    01-11-09 02:30 AM
    link is dead..anyone else got a good one?
    http://www.spampeg.com/Accelerometer...ometerDemo.jad is back.

Sorry about that. I did some moving on Friday, and that box wasn't one that was a priority to get back up.
    01-11-09 03:12 AM
    Just as everybody starts to doubt the storm...a little blue ball brings back everyone's hope for its potential lol
    First time guys look forward to blueballs huh?

I gotta admit though very amusing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:57 AM
    For those of you that need a "level" --- this works great as it is functional is portrait mode, landscape mode or laying flat on its back.

Good find!
    01-11-09 06:24 AM
    Works well except it needs to run with more frames per second. When the ball goes fast its not a smooth motion

01-11-09 08:21 AM
    Last night the server couldn't handle the traffic, my BB kept getting kicked off. Today, I tried the link and it worked just fine.

But I rather have a green ball personally, but I'm not complaining.

thanks,
    James
    01-11-09 12:46 PM
    Last night the server couldn't handle the traffic, my BB kept getting kicked off. Today, I tried the link and it worked just fine.
    My server or your BES/BIS? The server I have the accelerometerdemo files hosted on wasn't turned on last night. My fault --- but I didn't realize people were still going to it... 951 Downloads!
    01-11-09 12:52 PM
    Not working? What other apps do u have!.

01-11-09 01:24 PM
    Not working? What other apps do u have!.
    not sure what to say... it's been back online since last night so you may want to try again.

The only other apps I have let me control the universe, and I'm not sharing!

Nah, I don't really have any others to share from the demo tools. The Touch Paint one was pretty cool, but I don't have a license to share them.
    01-11-09 01:45 PM
    When I was at a Verizon "First Touch" business seminar back on November 20th, a RIM rep had an actual level application running on his Storm. He put it on the wall to demonstrate. Where is it now?
    01-11-09 02:00 PM
    As noted in at least two other posts, I almost immediately tried to use it as a simple level. Not too bad.

Then I thought, I wonder if people who have screen click problems would find that the blue ball consistently gravitated toward or away from the areas of the screen that are hard to click??

Anyone want to try to test it. My phone clicks great so I cannot test that theory.
    01-11-09 02:08 PM
    Link is not working????????
    01-12-09 01:21 AM
    This lil blue ball is nearly as much fun as a certain lil blue pill can if you have drank too much to have it happen naturally

01-12-09 01:41 AM
    This lil blue ball is nearly as much fun as a certain lil blue pill can if you have drank too much to have it happen naturally

Proofreading is a wonderful tool!
    01-12-09 02:02 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD