I have no idea why this is so much fun... I guess my girlfriend was right when she told me I was easily amused.
    ditto on that!
    Last edited by seVer916; 01-07-09 at 02:13 AM.
    01-07-09 01:53 AM
    Me and my wife had a competition to see who could keep it in the middle the longest.

Works great on my storm .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:16 AM
    Best demo ever! Lol. This really does show a lot of potential and I'm stoked! If the ball were programmed a little lighter (weight), you could use the demo as level/leveler.

01-07-09 02:17 AM
    there is a game for the iPhone, involving a ball, some walls (maze) and a hole... it's so simple but so fun, I could see this app being modified into that game.
    01-07-09 02:30 AM
    Very fun little demo! Works great on my .75 OS. Thanks again!
    01-07-09 02:38 AM
    works good with .75 and its surprisingly amusing
    01-07-09 02:53 AM
    This is an awesome little App demo. It shows you how good the accelerometer really is. I honestly didnt think it was that good. I put this thing on my desk and it showed me that it was just a little off level. Which it is. So its pretty darn accurate as well.
    01-07-09 02:58 AM
    WOW...thanks for sharing this. before this, I had a strong bias and thought that my Storm's accelerometer was extremely inferior to the iPhone. This made me realize that ours isnt nearly as bad as I thought. I wonder why it translates so poorly when I flip the menu as opposed to my every move with this ball.
    01-07-09 03:01 AM
    Fun! I wanna marble game now! Oh the apps that we'll see in coming weeks...can't wait!
    01-07-09 06:11 AM
    I feel is is somewhat laggy. There is a perciptable delay from changing the attitude of the phone until the ball reacts.

Try shaking the phone as well. This is very slow to react.
    01-07-09 06:59 AM
    Sweeeeeet!

01-07-09 07:15 AM
    That is seriously cool. I agree with previous posters... I was beginning to wonder if the Storm's accelerometer was clunky, kind of "up down left right" and that's it. This is super sensitive!

Ok!! Where are the automotive apps??! 0-60 times etc. etc.
    01-07-09 07:38 AM
    Oh god I am addicted to a lil blue ball

01-07-09 08:13 AM
    This is an awesome little App demo. It shows you how good the accelerometer really is. I honestly didnt think it was that good. I put this thing on my desk and it showed me that it was just a little off level. Which it is. So its pretty darn accurate as well.

It would work as a level... except for one problem. The two rubber feet on the bottom keep the storm from sitting flush on the table.

Try it again, and then turn the phone around 180 degrees and you will see that it still says it is unlevel towards the top of the phone.

But I'm sure a future app could factor in the rubber feet. Bring on the app store!
    01-07-09 08:31 AM
    I feel is is somewhat laggy. There is a perciptable delay from changing the attitude of the phone until the ball reacts.

Try shaking the phone as well. This is very slow to react.
    Works fine on my phone
    01-07-09 08:34 AM
    I used CaptureIT as well on it --- but decided against including the screen shot just for the reason of "Hey look, it's a little blue dot!"

Now time to figure out how to make a little Maze game out of it.
    The iPod touch has a marble maze game that uses the Accelerometer that's in it. Hopefully the developers of that software ports it to the Storm or someone, maybe yourself, can make a clone of it? It is addictive as you have to get the marble through a maze while avoiding holes that the marble can drop through.
    01-07-09 08:40 AM
    The iPod touch has a marble maze game that uses the Accelerometer that's in it. Hopefully the developers of that software ports it to the Storm or someone, maybe yourself, can make a clone of it? It is addictive as you have to get the marble through a maze while avoiding holes that the marble can drop through.
    I'd love to make a little marble race/maze/etc out of it, but I'm still learning (tinkering) with the BB Java Development Environment. The more I dig into it, the more I realize it's definitely not for the weekend programmer. I'm hoping my C# experience will come in useful.

If (when) I make anything anywhere near functional, I'll be sure to share.
    01-07-09 08:52 AM
    Very cool! I can't wait to take it home and show my sons Now at resturants I'll bebale to use this to distract them for at least 10 minutes while we wait to be served
    01-07-09 10:02 AM
    I'd love to make a little marble race/maze/etc out of it, but I'm still learning (tinkering) with the BB Java Development Environment. The more I dig into it, the more I realize it's definitely not for the weekend programmer. I'm hoping my C# experience will come in useful.

If (when) I make anything anywhere near functional, I'll be sure to share.
    Sent you a PM =)
    01-07-09 10:40 AM
    I liked the tic tac toe demo better.
    01-07-09 10:45 AM
    Wow i had no idea it was that sensitive! Neat demo. Now why cant my keyboard be like that damn ball and go where i tell it to?
    01-07-09 11:44 AM
    wow.. best demo ever.. this just gave us a look into how much potential the storm has.
    01-07-09 12:13 PM
    So whreres the link for these other games mentioned?

01-07-09 12:16 PM
    Just as everybody starts to doubt the storm...a little blue ball brings back everyone's hope for its potential lol
    01-07-09 01:59 PM
    And ad someone stated before... We are all very easily amused :-)

01-07-09 02:05 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD