I was looking through the BB JDK, and found quite a few Demo apps. Most of them were limited to running only on the Simulator unless you have a RIM signature to sign it to use the BB API, but this was not. Anyway!

AccelerometerDemo is a very simple... well, demo, of how your Accelerometer works. Basically a little blue ball rolling around a white background as you move the phone around. Hit the walls and it'll bounce a little. I can't tell, but it seems to bounce at different distances based on the speed/twist as you chance directions. I wouldn't quite call it a game, but can be entertaining for a short period of time.

I don't think this will let me post links quite yet, but here goes. It's an OTA download.

www. spampeg.com/AccelerometerDemo/AccelerometerDemo.jad

I'm curious to see if the OS version matters. .85 here and it works great. Very sensitive.
    01-06-09 10:38 PM
    i wont lie. i played with it for a few minutes. long enough for me to get in a quick "CaptureIt".

01-06-09 10:47 PM
    I used CaptureIT as well on it --- but decided against including the screen shot just for the reason of "Hey look, it's a little blue dot!"

Now time to figure out how to make a little Maze game out of it.
    01-06-09 10:50 PM
    Works great on .75
    01-06-09 10:54 PM
    Ok, that's just plain FUN.

What it tells me is that the accelerometer in the Storm is good enough to run some of the "shaker" functions and the "seismograph" like in the iPhone...
    01-06-09 10:55 PM
    awesome find, as simple as it is its quite entertaining for some reason. anyway im running the official .75 and it works great and smooth
    01-06-09 10:57 PM
    .85 here, worked well. not that i would know what "not well" could be, but you know...of course MINE worked.
    01-06-09 10:59 PM
    Very cool app!
    Works just like a marble game I played on my friends iPhone.
    01-06-09 11:01 PM
    Okay guys I am having issues, can someone post the link please?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:04 PM
    Make sure you remove the space between "www." and "spampeg"

... or just leave off the "www." It'll work either way.
    01-06-09 11:06 PM
    I'm sorry I don't mean to be greedy but did you say you found more of these little demos?
    It's the closest I get to showing iPhone users my phone has the potential to do whatever they're precious little iPhone can do.
    01-06-09 11:08 PM
    This is Fun.... hahahaha... i find it funny to see how much i am amused by just moving a ball around on my phone with accelerometer..... dang..... i can't wait tell that app store comes around.... oh yea, it works Great! on .83

that link for that person that asked was..

http://www.spampeg.com/Accelerometer...ometerDemo.jad
    01-06-09 11:08 PM
    01-06-09 11:09 PM
    what other demo apps were there?
    Worked thanks.. Forgot about the space

So simple. So mesmerizing. It looks like the Storm's accel. is plenty precise and accurate. Also, for anyone looking for a Leveling app like several on the iPhone, this is as close as we've gotten so far.

If I could add simple code to it to make it a game, I'd maybe make it count how many times you can go around touching each wall in a row, OR make each side light up like Simon, and you have to make the ball touch each wall in order and in the fastest time possible. Sigh, is it sad I am dreaming of games inside tech demos? I need games.
    01-06-09 11:11 PM
    I'm sorry I don't mean to be greedy but did you say you found more of these little demos?
    It's the closest I get to showing iPhone users my phone has the potential to do whatever they're precious little iPhone can do.
    Well, there's around 60 little demos in general, but this is one of the few that are worthy of sharing, IMHO. Most of them are like "This is how to make buttons, and this will show text in different colors." Not much to show off.

The ones that do look interesting, and I would share if I had the "license" from RIM (and if it was legal to do so), is the FileExplorer, TouchDemo (Paint with your Finger), and TicTacToe Demo. Unless there is a way for someone here to sign a few of the demo's, I wouldn't count on them being posted anytime soon. Sorry!

FWIW - There is a CameraDemo, that seems to work incredibly well -- and fast. The problem? Once the image is saved, it appears to be a broken BMP (bitmap) file. I shook my head in confusion, and moved on.
    01-06-09 11:17 PM
    cool app. works great on my .75 OS.
    01-06-09 11:43 PM
    Works great for .85. This is pretty fun, so simple yet so entertaining.
    01-06-09 11:53 PM
    Thanks spampeg, that little demo is great!

Not gonna lie, bouncing that little ball around was so fun I tried touchdemo/touchdemo.jad & tictactoedemo/tictactoedemo.jad and was more than a little disappointed when they didn't work
    01-07-09 12:03 AM
    I feel like a cat when I play with it.

01-07-09 12:11 AM
    Thanks spampeg, that little demo is great!

Not gonna lie, bouncing that little ball around was so fun I tried touchdemo/touchdemo.jad & tictactoedemo/tictactoedemo.jad and was more than a little disappointed when they didn't work
    TouchDemo and TicTacToeDemo will both work, but without being able to sign them, they will only work in the Simulator.

I'm really curious why these little demo apps aren't included in the Application Browser. Nothing special, but I'd rather have the TicTacToe and TouchDemo (finger paint) apps than say, FaceBook and MySpace... I'm sure others might disagree.
    01-07-09 12:12 AM
    awesome! i thought my accelerometer was broken, it acted so weird in nintaii, but now i know its not.

its funny based on this app you would think ti would be SOOOOO EASY for the OS to properly detect the way your holding it, but i still have to shake my device almost everytime i take it out of my pocket. lol
    01-07-09 12:14 AM
    I have no idea why this is so much fun... I guess my girlfriend was right when she told me I was easily amused.

Works great with my Storm running .85
    01-07-09 01:02 AM
    Works great for .85. This is pretty fun, so simple yet so entertaining.
    Same here. Thanks for sharing with us
    01-07-09 01:11 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD