I went to bed last night as usual with my storm right by my clock working fine, got up this morning and POW nothing it wont even turn on...has anyone heard of this, what should i do?
    12-23-08 08:03 AM
    Plug it in the charger for a bit. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds and then replace it and see if that works. Or you could just try pulling the battery.
    12-23-08 08:05 AM
    I have pulled the battery, tried that first thing. so i got to work and plugged it into the charger just to see what would happen and the red light comes on and a small battery shows up on the screen with a bolt through it like its charging but will Never turn on!
    12-23-08 08:07 AM
    I have pulled the battery, tried that first thing. so i got to work and plugged it into the charger just to see what would happen and the red light comes on and a small battery shows up on the screen with a bolt through it like its charging but will Never turn on!
    This happened to me. Let it sit on the charger for a while. I don't know how long exactly, but with mine I let it charge for an hour. When I came back, I pulled the battery, and it came right back to life.
    12-23-08 08:14 AM
    The same exact thing happened to my storm this morning. It had a 75% charge last night and when I woke up this morning I get a black screen.. it won't turn on. I did a battery pull.. I have had it plugged in to charge it.. it won't turn on.
    12-23-08 08:15 AM
    I noticed that until I had 10% of battery that the phone wouldn't turn on at all.
    ie. I was in the car on it and for grins let the battery drain.

I couldn't even talk on the phone even when it was plugged into the charger
    until the battery got to 10%.

Chris
    12-23-08 08:25 AM
    sounds like you let the battery fully discharge. you probably just need to give it a full charge.
    12-23-08 08:30 AM
    Thanks Cuse, thats crazy right when i came back in to check the thread i looked at it and it was validating security and came back on, I sure called verizon and made them document the problem on my account so if it dies again when i cant return it ill be able to get something done.
    12-23-08 08:30 AM
    So maybe my phone got super drained somehow. I can only hope that if I charge it more it will turn on. No one likes finding out their phone won't even turn on... and it doesn't really help the storm's reputation since we already had to return my wife's storm because the power button fell off and my storm's backplate broke and had to be replaced already.
    12-23-08 08:31 AM
    yea it acted like it was COMPLETLY dead, which isnt true i went to bed with over 75% charge....
    12-23-08 08:31 AM
    Same here son. I can only hope for the best. I enjoy the storm but I don't like problems. I want it to work.
    12-23-08 08:32 AM
    This is the ONLY problem i have had with it, and this is the only one i have had, and got it on the 21st. just let it keep charging, it should/will come to life....
    12-23-08 08:34 AM
    Charging for 30min. Still dead, no luck so far.
    12-23-08 08:51 AM
    i never shut my curve off after i got the storm and this past weekend i went to look at it to see what was on the memory card, it was dead so i plugged it in and had the same battery picture with bolt. Left it for 1/2 hour nothing and then checked it an hour later and was able to get on it.
    12-23-08 08:56 AM
    What a lame way of engineering a device.. you have to charge it for 1 hour before you can turn it on even if it is plugged into a power source?
    12-23-08 09:00 AM
    This usually happens from running an app in the background. Its easy for anyone to not even notice anything on.

What a lame way of engineering a device.. you have to charge it for 1 hour before you can turn it on even if it is plugged into a power source?

I have seen plenty of phones do this. Just how it is sometimes.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-23-08 at 09:18 AM.
    12-23-08 09:16 AM
    i would deffinetly be getting on the phone with verizon if it hasn't came back on yet, mine seems to be in good working order now after being on the charger for an hour so far
    12-23-08 09:22 AM
    I'd be willing to bet money that you were running the .83 leaked firmware.

If you are, the thats your problem. .83 has some really big bugs that need working out.
    12-23-08 09:42 AM
    No I'm not running .83. I think it's just because I am an *****. Apparently the device doesn't charge if plugged into a computer that doesn't have the device drivers for the phone. I had it plugged into one of my workstation computers and it showed the red LED light on.. but once I installed the device drivers the screen came on and showed a battery with lightning.. after about 10min of that it turned on.
    12-23-08 09:45 AM
    ok so they censor "ldiot"?
    12-23-08 09:46 AM
    no, I'm not messing with leaked software so I'm still on .75 ill leave the leaking to you guys and wait for my storm to let me update it on the phone.
    12-23-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD