Ok so I'm so depressed now it's not even funny, here I am on my 4th Storm and waiting on my 5th right now I've given the Storm every chance to become the great phone it was supposed to become but it's not going to ever happen they've already coming out with Storm 2 and we are all going to get shafted, The reason for this rant is I bought Terminator Salvation from Gameloft and I was sooo happy I thought wow now were getting somewhere until the next day when I found this ( ) seeing this exact same game for Storm and for Iphone made me realize that no matter how good the storm gets it will never be as good as the competition no matter what they try. God this saddens me I really want to love this phone but like a 30 year old child living in its parents basement all its ever done is cause me heartache, disappointment and never live up to it's true potental sigh whats a man to do
    05-16-09 10:00 AM
    If a cellphone gets you depressed you're in for a hard life.. Plus get another device, its not worth getting depressed over.

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:07 AM
    Just because the iphone has the same game as your storm your disappointed, i don't get it. Whats the difference if the game is only for the storm or other phones as long as it works on the storm. And you know after the storm 2 comes out there will be a storm 3,4, and so on. RIM will not stop making new phones just get use to it.
    05-16-09 10:11 AM
    Go Ducks Go Ducks Go Ducks Go Ducks
    05-16-09 10:15 AM
    no Im dissapointed because the storm version looks like its for nintendo (the original) while the iphone game looks like an actual game from 2009 I'm disapointed because I thought I had a top of the line piece of hardware and instead it's being outshined by something I consider more of a toy. and the only reason I bring up the storm 2 is that I feel cheated a little by the fact that Rim rush out a device that wasnt ready we all got stuck with it and now they're just going to plow us over with a new device before any of us have even gotten a proper OS for the original.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Storm I've got 30 apps running on it I'm running the offical .122 (just so I can return it when the new one comes in without trouble) and I'm still sitting at around 40mb at startup mind you it bleeds memory like its been shot and the sure press can't keep up with my typing I love this phone or I really want to at least just blows it can't measure up to the competition
    05-16-09 10:29 AM
    If you looking for a phone that is essentially a gaming device, then maybe the Storm isn't for you. Yes, there are games for the Storm and some play well, some don't. Ultimately, gaming was never the primary purpose of it.

To all your other points (leaking memory, sure press lag...), it sounds to me like you just want people to beg you to keep the phone. If you've already made up your mind that this phone is inferior, then get a different phone. Feel free to send RIM a letter explaining why you chose another phone over theirs so that they can make improvements to future models. And next time, put your post in the Rants section instead of cluttering up the main thread...
    05-16-09 10:57 AM
    lol, I'm a bit more depressed by the fact that after watching the Making of TS on Thursday night on HBO, I realized that Marcus was somehow built by Cyberdyne research before everything blew up and then he wakes in 2018. OK, so we're to believe that Cyberdyne build his advanced version, locked him up asleep in the basement and then forgot about him and had to build bulky and ancient looking Terminators after the bombs go off. OK, whatever McG....

A bit OT, but who cares...
    05-16-09 11:04 AM
    I'm not looking for people to beg me to keep it in fact I'm currently begging Telus to keep sending me refurbs until I get one that works properly they are telling me enough is enough like I said I love my storm just dissapointed it can't keep up with the other kids ion the block
    05-16-09 11:21 AM
    Hahaa let me get this straight.... The games aren't as good so its a worse phone?

Put the crackpipe down

05-16-09 11:23 AM
    and Damn JRSCCivic98 you've ruined the movie for me now lmao
    05-16-09 11:23 AM
    lol, I'm a bit more depressed by the fact that after watching the Making of TS on Thursday night on HBO, I realized that Marcus was somehow built by Cyberdyne research before everything blew up and then he wakes in 2018. OK, so we're to believe that Cyberdyne build his advanced version, locked him up asleep in the basement and then forgot about him and had to build bulky and ancient looking Terminators after the bombs go off. OK, whatever McG....

all the ill terminators from the previouse movies are from the future the come from the future after the bulky ones were discontined because they were easily spotted.
    05-16-09 11:26 AM
    damn you people are tough I never said the phone was garbage jesus even when you like the phone and are just disapointed in something you get blasted here the phone is good as good as it can be, I just wish it were more, drop the pitch forks people I one of you ARGH
    05-16-09 11:26 AM
    all the ill terminators from the previouse movies are from the future the come from the future after the bulky ones were discontined because they were easily spotted.
    I know that silly. My point is... based on the current info Marcus (the new human advanced term) was built by Cyberdyne Research BEFORE Judgement Day... he was some kind of criminal and donated his body for research to Cyberdyne. He wakes up after the bombs go off. If Cyberdyne Research built him, then the Cyberdyne Systems' AI would have all his info on file... why step back in development technology? I hope you get it now... Either way, I'm going to go see it. lol

Hey, maybe Cyberdyne is like RIM. They have the Storm 2 in preproduction and ready to roll, but they give us the broke a** Storm 1 to keep us busy.
    05-16-09 11:46 AM
    nice Rim as Skynet thats the best reminds me of a pic I saw online under Blackberry Terminator with this blackberry curve with legs and guns and **** it was awesome looked like a HK, Rim will one day take over the world one smart phone at a time
    lmao I'll be back
    05-16-09 12:24 PM
    lmao the future is not set there is no fate but what we make,
    05-16-09 12:41 PM
    8320 curve here, I thought I would say that I bought need for speed undercover for my phone, looks like old sega handheld graphics, but I am happy as **** with it, not much to the game but I have a game on my phone!

As for the guy that is mad at the storm, I see ur point, kind of like xbox and sony, its a big name you want the best, but guess what, YoU HAVE A GAME ON YOUR PHONE, I would be happy with old atari graphics

Somebody mentioned terminator spoiler
    WHOEVER POSTED THAT (as I will not go back to see who did) IS AN A HOLE, YOU ARE LUCKY I ONLY READ 4 WORDS
    05-16-09 12:52 PM
    Ok so I'm so depressed now it's not even funny, here I am on my 4th Storm and waiting on my 5th right now I've given the Storm every chance to become the great phone it was supposed to become but it's not going to ever happen they've already coming out with Storm 2 and we are all going to get shafted, The reason for this rant is I bought Terminator Salvation from Gameloft and I was sooo happy I thought wow now were getting somewhere until the next day when I found this ( ) seeing this exact same game for Storm and for Iphone made me realize that no matter how good the storm gets it will never be as good as the competition no matter what they try. God this saddens me I really want to love this phone but like a 30 year old child living in its parents basement all its ever done is cause me heartache, disappointment and never live up to it's true potental sigh whats a man to do
    ROFLMFAO!!! It's a phone. Get over it. If you go outside once in a while there are these beautiful creatures called women and if you treat them right they let you do stuff with them. Try that a few times and see if you give a crap about the phone battle anymore.
    05-17-09 09:07 AM
    I love how people always tell you to get a life.

Maybe he has a life, and gaming is an important part of said life. Many people expected better gaming/media experience based on the commercials. Its fair to complain.
    05-17-09 10:42 AM
    I thought the storm would be better at multimedia stuff, the hype was that it was an iphone competitor for that kind of stuff. Turns out the storm is a lot better at multitasking, the iphone is better at multimedia. I can understand people being disappointed, and the OP seems to be having a lot of hardware issues too, which must suck. There's a middle ground somewhere, people can rant, people can rave, no need to call each other haters and fanboys. Hopefully, having these kinds of discussions on THE place to go for blackberry info will help the next person thinking about gettinga Storm to go into it knowing what the deal is, instead of being surprised and disappointed like so many others.

As for the logic errors in the plot of the latest movie, what do you expect? Skynet becomes aware in relatively current times, and the first three movies provide a pretty detailed account of exactly where and when Sarah and John Conner can be located, all they have to do is have a terminator (or anything else for that matter) sent back in time to pop in right next to one of them, and the sphere around it would completely disintegrate the Conner of choice. But no, Skynet doesn't do that, just lets it continue to the human vs. machine war. I think Skynet must be getting part of the movie royalties, why else would it not do the obvious things to end it?
    05-17-09 12:07 PM
    We need a merge!

BlackApple® iStorm

that would rock lol
    05-17-09 12:25 PM
    ...Somebody mentioned terminator spoiler
    WHOEVER POSTED THAT (as I will not go back to see who did) IS AN A HOLE, YOU ARE LUCKY I ONLY READ 4 WORDS
    Because they talked about what they saw on TV? It's not like they went and saw the actual movie and told you the details of what happens and how it ends.

We need a merge!

BlackApple® iStorm

that would rock lol
    That would be very cool. I'd certainly buy one! The best of two great companies... I'll keep dreaming

To the original poster: I can understand the frustration. The Storm was hyped up to be this huge advancement and while it's a nice device, it is not all that it could/should have been. I'm disappointed by RIM's OS support for it and I don't even have one.
    05-17-09 01:13 PM

forget about the Terminator for a minute. Who's the girl in your avatar?
    05-17-09 01:52 PM
    Personally Rise of the Machines was the last straw for me..

05-17-09 08:08 PM
    I can halfway relate with the OP. If I had expected what the adverts had told me to expect from the Storm, I'd be pissed off. But I'm a cynic and I don't believe anything (which is why I watched every 'hands-on review' video I could find and read as many negative reviews as positive). So: am I disappointed in the Storm? No, it actually surpasses my expectations. Does it live up to the hype? No, not at all.
    05-17-09 11:18 PM
    The iphone wasn't meant to be a gaming device either it wasn't even supposed to have any third party apps and you had to hack it to be able to do any of that. Now the bb storm doesn't have those limitations, so what's its excuse?

05-18-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD