I was ready to jump to the iphone 4 but i played with it and while a few features knocked my socks off, overall design and the retina display everything else was the same old story. Then was ready to grab a Droid X bc I was told i could upgrade early, only to be denied by verizon after i called a few more times to confirm what i was told. Was even thinking of paying full retail but figured it to be absurd. I look at my s2 and like that post said its almost a perfect smartphone for real with a faster processor, a little better camera with HD video recording(how come my s2 pictures look better than the real world test shots from the dx and iphone4? yet they have higher MP's?) and more memory this phone could be the best. Sure theres not many apps but there are useful ones. So i will sit and wait to see what OS 6 brings to the table and at the end of the year(when my upgrade is) I will make a decision. Hopefully OS6 is out before then or im going to get itchy to get another phone. Plus today i took off my anti glare screen protector(been on since day 1 last november) and I feel like im looking at a brand new phone the screen is much brighter im never using a screen protector again lol

Just felt id share my story the trials and tribulations of trying to keep up with technology
    07-07-10 06:14 PM
    You know we all want to try out new things. I usually am not married to any brand, but the S2 does exactly what I need with no fuss. I have a tether plan and during working hours have my laptop. I hate browsing on a phone, any phone. The only thing I want is a better browser on the S2.
    07-07-10 06:49 PM
    I was ready to jump to the iphone 4 but i played with it and while a few features knocked my socks off, overall design and the retina display everything else was the same old story. Then was ready to grab a Droid X bc I was told i could upgrade early, only to be denied by verizon after i called a few more times to confirm what i was told. Was even thinking of paying full retail but figured it to be absurd. I look at my s2 and like that post said its almost a perfect smartphone for real with a faster processor, a little better camera with HD video recording(how come my s2 pictures look better than the real world test shots from the dx and iphone4? yet they have higher MP's?) and more memory this phone could be the best. Sure theres not many apps but there are useful ones. So i will sit and wait to see what OS 6 brings to the table and at the end of the year(when my upgrade is) I will make a decision. Hopefully OS6 is out before then or im going to get itchy to get another phone. Plus today i took off my anti glare screen protector(been on since day 1 last november) and I feel like im looking at a brand new phone the screen is much brighter im never using a screen protector again lol

Just felt id share my story the trials and tribulations of trying to keep up with technology

The retina display is marketing, pure and simple. all those extra pixels don't do a thing for using it as a phone, and unless you can hold the phone 4" from your face, you'll not notice anything different about the display as compared to lower res screens.
    07-07-10 06:51 PM
    You know we all want to try out new things. I usually am not married to any brand, but the S2 does exactly what I need with no fuss. I have a tether plan and during working hours have my laptop. I hate browsing on a phone, any phone. The only thing I want is a better browser on the S2.
    exactly and shooting video in hd is kinda nice as well lol
    07-07-10 07:00 PM
    The retina display is marketing, pure and simple. all those extra pixels don't do a thing for using it as a phone, and unless you can hold the phone 4" from your face, you'll not notice anything different about the display as compared to lower res screens.
    I have seen the so-called 'Retina Display', it is nothing but pure gimmick. The screen size is still 3.5 inches, same as the previous models. The extra pixels made no significant difference. It looks like 4+ inch displays is the 'new' standard.

Why will anybody want iPhone 4 if you are not a loyal Apple fan? What is enticing about it, the death grip, the crappy AT&T network or the their limited new tiered data plan?
    07-07-10 07:40 PM
    I myself was tempted to leave and jump on the Droid wagon until I acquired a used S2. Although its not the best condition, it has done everything but let me down. The S2 is the best Blackberry phone that I have used. Maybe its not the fastest and have as many "cool" apps, but it does what I need it to.
    07-07-10 07:46 PM
    You guys are all NUTS!!! The iphone 4 is the coolest thing in the world!! The retina display is AWESOME! The forward facing cam is the best invention Apple ever came up with! Sure it only works with WIFI but who cares!! And now it can multi-task without a jailbreak!!! And you get a trillion apps to choose from!!

Iphone rules forever!!!!!!!.....(ok Steve I said what you wanted now can I have my S2 back? Oh and I didn't mention the holding properly issue)
    07-07-10 08:20 PM
    I agree with OP. I really want to see some excitement! I know my s2 in and out and the cool pizazz of the iphone OS and the Droid OS makes me feel the grass is greener....there...
    But its same with a woman...you are married for 20 years and u take for granted your wife and how well you match each other...until you go for another...and you find you were worst off than before...
    I will wait and see whats in store for us...after that...who knows!

**sniff** I love my storm 2!
    07-07-10 09:30 PM
    you poor guys are in such denial =(
    07-07-10 09:37 PM
    You guys are all NUTS!!! The iphone 4 is the coolest thing in the world!! The retina display is AWESOME! The forward facing cam is the best invention Apple ever came up with! Sure it only works with WIFI but who cares!! And now it can multi-task without a jailbreak!!! And you get a trillion apps to choose from!!

Iphone rules forever!!!!!!!.....(ok Steve I said what you wanted now can I have my S2 back? Oh and I didn't mention the holding properly issue)
    no--YOU are pathetic. grow up. In your honor, I went to the Apple forum and ***** slapped the iPhone fans. (I talked up the droid X and HTC EVO because of the screen) (My bad! )
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-07-10 at 10:10 PM.
    07-07-10 10:05 PM

I must say, the iphone has an awesome camera lens...
    07-07-10 10:14 PM
    LOL, you guys are funny. I hope you're joking Jiggaman because Apple did not invent the front facing camera. Nor does it have multitasking. It's more like "fast app switching." But nonetheless the iPhone is a GREAT product. If it weren't for AT&T, I'd probably be using one right now.

But the thing that gets me is how so many people are so uninformed and will easily buy into marketing. I was in the Apple Store standing next to a lady who was asking question about the iPhone. Believe it or not, folks, many people still do not know what Wifi, multitasking, or what Megapixels mean. And this woman was probably in her 30s. The thing about apple is that they make their product very visible to people even if they are not techies like us. So many people buy into the hype, never truly knowing if the device will work for them the way they want it to.
    07-07-10 10:17 PM
    LOL, you guys are funny. I hope you're joking Jiggaman because Apple did not invent the front facing camera. Nor does it have multitasking. It's more like "fast app switching." But nonetheless the iPhone is a GREAT product. If it weren't for AT&T, I'd probably be using one right now.

But the thing that gets me is how so many people are so uninformed and will easily buy into marketing. I was in the Apple Store standing next to a lady who was asking question about the iPhone. Believe it or not, folks, many people still do not know what Wifi, multitasking, or what Megapixels mean. And this woman was probably in her 30s. The thing about apple is that they make their product very visible to people even if they are not techies like us. So many people buy into the hype, never truly knowing if the device will work for them the way they want it to.
    Lol oh yeah I most certainly am...that was more like a rant that often goes on when you jump around from the iphone forums and  forums...

Bottom line "certain" things on the iphone are nice and TONS of things on Droid are nice....don't be a lemming and follow the crowd though, do what's right for YOUR needs and with Apple I just find a lot of ppl high on the same kool aid sugar rush.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 07-08-10 at 07:27 AM.
    07-08-10 05:26 AM
    eh i used to be tempted to go back to my 8330 because the battery life sucked at first on the storm2 but after getting better battery life i am set, i make it threw the day on a charge so i am good
    07-08-10 05:30 AM
    >> The only thing I want is a better browser on the S2.

Opera Mini 5.1 released today. Available for Blackberry.
    07-08-10 07:12 AM
    I must say, the iphone has an awesome camera lens...

LMAO!!!! That pic is hilarious!!!
    07-08-10 08:40 AM

Opera Mini 5.1 released today. Available for Blackberry.
    Did you try it yet? Is the keyboard bug still there? Or the circular links?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 09:45 AM
    the fonts do look much better and most pictures do too on the new iphone. i compared the old 3GS and iphone 4 right next to each other before the other got sold on ebay. so while its gimmicky i agree, the display does look better than previous gen
    07-08-10 10:06 AM
    As far as the camera question the OP asks, it's important to note the MEGAPIXELS is not the only factor when it comes to picture quality.

I'm not a photo expert by any stretch of the imagination (FAR from it), but you do have to consider factors like the quality of the lens, focusing, white balancing, ISO settings...just to name a few. MP's really only determine the actual depth of detail that can be achieved, not necessarily how good the pictures are realistically going to be.
    07-08-10 10:13 AM
    As far as the camera question the OP asks, it's important to note the MEGAPIXELS is not the only factor when it comes to picture quality.

I'm not a photo expert by any stretch of the imagination (FAR from it), but you do have to consider factors like the quality of the lens, focusing, white balancing, ISO settings...just to name a few. MP's really only determine the actual depth of detail that can be achieved, not necessarily how good the pictures are realistically going to be.
    forgot to mention that too. You can have 12 MP camera that will just take really huge ****ty shots and then a 5 MP that can take a normal size fabulous quality shot. The lens makes all the difference in the world
    07-08-10 10:51 AM
    Yup, I agree. The only area the S2 falls short is the browser. But I have tether (the app, not the plan) and can easily use my laptop for browsing anywhere, hot spot or not. The web on a fone or on a laptop? Hmmmm, real tough decision there.
    07-08-10 11:04 AM
    Was tempted to jump on an S2, but changed my mind quickly when I compared the typing to that on the Droid Incredible. Not a fan of the S2's sure press technology.
    07-08-10 11:10 AM
    forgot to mention that too. You can have 12 MP camera that will just take really huge ****ty shots and then a 5 MP that can take a normal size fabulous quality shot. The lens makes all the difference in the world
    x2.

"180 megapixel camera!"

What are we doing? Making billboards?
    07-08-10 11:22 AM
    Was tempted to jump on an S2, but changed my mind quickly when I compared the typing to that on the Droid Incredible. Not a fan of the S2's sure press technology.
    I can all but guarantee you'd change your mind if you had it for a week. After using the S2, typing on my wife's 8330 is a pain. The keys are just too small. I came from an 8330 and had those same reservations. Wasn't convinced in the store either but I bought it anyway figuring I could just return it in 30 days if I didn't like it. Needless to say that return never happened. I feel like a stenographer typing on the S2.
    07-08-10 11:26 AM
    I have always been impressed with the pic quality of the Storm camera, especially with close-ups.
    With the Storm1 the camera was very slow, but with OS updates it got a LOT faster.
    A faster browser is about all it needs. Well, maybe more app memory but I haven't used a Storm2 so i don't know how well it's app memory works.
    The layout and usage of the Storm is about as good as it gets.
    Plus REAL metal surrounding the phone is a plus in my book. It might be a bit heavy but other phones feel like cheap junk in comparison.
    07-09-10 08:34 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD