I've seen the screen. I've got great vision. For usage as a phone, the retina display is PURE MARKETING. want me to say it again? IT'S MARKETING. Now give me a LARGER screen--I can get behind that!
    You are purely insane and need your eyes checked. It makes a huge diff in readability. I guess to each his own radical opinion.
    07-10-10 06:51 PM
    You are purely insane and need your eyes checked. It makes a huge diff in readability. I guess to each his own radical opinion.
    It's a freaking PHONE. How many pixels below the limits of vision do you NEED?? It's MARKETING. It's not nearly as cool as a larger screen.

(Consider yourself taken in by the Reality Distortion Field)
    07-10-10 07:10 PM
    I want it to look as good as paper, and the higher resolution the better, to a point. Same stuff was said about LCD's years ago. Now the higher DPI displays are standard and make a huge difference. Anyway, only if RIM did it would you think it was something good. I give. Keep up the childish rants.
    07-10-10 08:03 PM
    I cannot imagine the next gen will all be short sighted or having myopia due looking at phones instead of tv. Wahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 08:29 PM.
    07-10-10 08:11 PM
    I want it to look as good as paper, and the higher resolution the better, to a point. Same stuff was said about LCD's years ago. Now the higher DPI displays are standard and make a huge difference. Anyway, only if RIM did it would you think it was something good. I give. Keep up the childish rants.
    Why are u making paper your "gold standard"? That's a bizarre comparison. As if paper were somehow perfect. Paper is only as good as the resolution of the printing, and that varies WIDELY. (what do you think the resolution is of your city newspaper, for example?) Some much for you complaining about other's "childish rants". You just had your very own temper tantrum.
    07-10-10 09:38 PM
    ... It looks like 4+ inch displays is the 'new' standard.
    I hope not. I don't like really big phones.
    Storm2 is a good size for me. I don't mind thicker, I just don't want wider or longer. Harder to hold and/or stick in a pocket.
    Really, I mean where is the limit? In a few years, are we going to be holding an Ipad size phone up to our ear?
    07-10-10 10:01 PM
    Well put Dave! Why do "outsiders" always have to come into our forums and make smart a$$ remarks about our phone? Stay on your own side of the bridge!
    ...or under the bridge, with the other trolls.

I wish the mods would delete some of the more obvious troll posts like they do on the Android forum of Crackberry.
    07-10-10 10:16 PM
    ... In terms of the surepress (gimmick), I'd be willing to bet that RIM will be phasing that "technology" out in the near future. ...
    I'll take that bet.
    Of course being a troll, you will probably welch on any bet you make.
    07-10-10 10:21 PM
    Say what you guys want, but the iPhone4 is pretty nice. Still using my Storm as my primary phone. but I am really getting used to the iPhone for a phone. Does quite well. All of my main apps on the Storm 2 I have found for the iPhone. Email is good with MobileMe and now my wife wants to switch to the iPhone as well. For business, I still use the Tour, and I like my Storm, but IMO, the iPhone is a pretty good phone. AT&T service hasn't let me down yet (fingers crossed). Trying to wait for OS6 before giving up. And yes, the display is extremely nice. Very easy to read web pages.
    07-11-10 01:00 AM
    I agree 100%. The iPhone 4 screen is AMAZING. How is it pure marketing? It's a higher resolution screen to which improves the user experience of the phone.

It's a freaking PHONE. How many pixels below the limits of vision do you NEED?? It's MARKETING. It's not nearly as cool as a larger screen.

(Consider yourself taken in by the Reality Distortion Field)
    Why are u making paper your "gold standard"? That's a bizarre comparison. As if paper were somehow perfect. Paper is only as good as the resolution of the printing, and that varies WIDELY. (what do you think the resolution is of your city newspaper, for example?) Some much for you complaining about other's "childish rants". You just had your very own temper tantrum.
    And I'm the troll?
    07-11-10 01:18 AM
    I agree 100%. The iPhone 4 screen is AMAZING. How is it pure marketing? It's a higher resolution screen to which improves the user experience of the phone.
    May I know why u choose a droid over iphone?
    07-11-10 02:33 AM
    I think the definition of a troll is someone who post inflammatory, off topic messages. This thread was started based on debating leaving the Storm2 for other phones. Discussing the options and/or choice seems right on topic to me. Even Dave's one sided comments are usually on topic. Inflammatory but on topic.

Hey Dave, paper is my standard because many other strive for that level, including most ebook readers and screens. I am just simply relating it to something instead of an exact specification, which is difficult when you consider all of the aspects of viewing something. It is not all about dpi, although that really helps. Let me be more specific, I want to eliminate 99% of all jaggies like a 600 dpi color laser print does. The 4's screen gets pretty darn close to that to me, and is also reputed to do so by a ton of reviews I have read. I simply wish the Storm3 to have near that resolution in the same 3.5" round about size. I don't need a 4" plus screen nor do I want to carry one.

Pure marketing it may be to you, but I can tell a huge difference, as can every single person I know in real life who has seen one. It is not surprise you are going to deny it, as you always take the strong against position when it comes to the iPhone. It is a very "anti establishment" approach and comes across quite immature and angry at that. Good luck with that.

I think it is a major advancement, much like the newer Android screens are over the Storm2's resolution. Now in terms of brightness, etc, I really like my Storm2's screen.

Man I love the CB forums!
    07-11-10 10:07 AM
    The resolution on the iphone 4 is sick. Those who say that retina is no significant difference, you must be blind. No phone comes close to that sharp of a resolution.

07-11-10 12:19 PM
    The resolution on the iphone 4 is sick. Those who say that retina is no significant difference, you must be blind. No phone comes close to that sharp of a resolution.

You are getting drawn in by SPECS. The point I have been making is that the extra pixels are of little use on such a SMALL SCREEN. It would have been much cooler, had Apple opted to make a larger screen--then those extra pixels might have been something to get excited about. I am definitely not blind. I'm quite discriminating, AAMOF, in both sound and visual input.
    07-11-10 02:07 PM
    You are getting drawn in by SPECS. The point I have been making is that the extra pixels are of little use on such a SMALL SCREEN. It would have been much cooler, had Apple opted to make a larger screen--then those extra pixels might have been something to get excited about. I am definitely not blind. I'm quite discriminating, AAMOF, in both sound and visual input.
    Hate to say it Dave, but it isn't just "SPECS". When viewing the same website on my Storm and my iPhone4, the iPhone is definitely better, easier to read. That isn't "SPECS", it's just what I see.
    07-11-10 02:37 PM
    Phones have had forward facing cameras for years (and they worked on 3g too, not just wi-fi). If you really believe this was an Apple invention, you are a deluded.
    Ummm I guess you failed to get the sarcasm of my post, but yes I was most certainly joking as I was making light of a few "mindless" iphone fanboys that have no clue.

07-11-10 03:35 PM
    May I know why u choose a droid over iphone?
    Because I will NOT leave Verizon. That is why...
    07-11-10 06:19 PM
    6 months ago i bought me a myphone its called the mutha effin storm 2,. wont leave rim
    07-11-10 06:42 PM
    Hate to say it Dave, but it isn't just "SPECS". When viewing the same website on my Storm and my iPhone4, the iPhone is definitely better, easier to read. That isn't "SPECS", it's just what I see.
    the difference isn't as dramatic as seeing the internet on an HTC EVO 4.3" screen. The internet on the iphone is nothing to write home about, except for the smoothness of scrolling/panning. That's IT. The screen is too freaking small for all you apple fanbois to get so excited.
    07-11-10 10:55 PM
    because i will not leave verizon. That is why...
    +1000

----------
    07-11-10 10:55 PM
    OH now Dave, I'm not attacking your manhood by defending the virtues of the iPhone. Also, I'm not a Fanboy of the iPhone, I still use my Storm as the primary phone, but it is losing ground. Can't wait to see the Droid X in action.
    07-12-10 07:22 AM
    Can't we all just get along?! LOL

Seriously, some folks get ALL worked up over comparisons between the S2, Droid and/or iP4. Personally, I love my 9550, but I'm tired of pulling the battery 1-2 times per week. Plus, it seems that the phone exhibits some new feature or functionality on occasion. I'm also considering the iPhone 4, but until my company supports the iPhone using ActiveSync, I'll be severely crippled as compared to my Storm2. I'll try it out for a few weeks though and see how it goes. I wish the 9800 or OS6 for the 9550 would be released sooner than later.

Maybe using the iPhone with that loss of "instant e-mail" functionality will keep me from checking my e-mails ALL the time and save my marriage?! LOL
    07-12-10 08:32 AM
    lmao this is too funny, dave is still trying to say the iphone screen is a gimmick and not better than the previous gen. Old man, your eye dr's eyes must be as bad as yours then to say you have good vision and cant see the difference.

BTW i dont have one. My jesus phone fanboy friend got it but i played with the 3GS both side by side. Its not even a contest. The screen looks better in every respect.
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-12-10 at 10:14 AM.
    07-12-10 08:51 AM
    Good to have or must to have.
    07-12-10 09:58 AM
    OH now Dave, I'm not attacking your manhood by defending the virtues of the iPhone. Also, I'm not a Fanboy of the iPhone, I still use my Storm as the primary phone, but it is losing ground. Can't wait to see the Droid X in action.
    agreed, am curious to see how the hype over the X pans out.
    07-12-10 01:38 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD