i do like the weight of the storm 1 and 2 over that of the incredible.
    07-09-10 09:17 AM
    Just finished reading that a iphone 4 caught fire....found that interesting to say the least.

iPhone 4 bursts into flames, burns hand � Boy Genius Report
    07-09-10 01:13 PM
    i do like the weight of the storm 1 and 2 over that of the incredible.
    Hey Matt,
    Does this mean you have Storm 2, HTC Droid Incredible, as well as iPhone 4?
    Do you plan to get Motorola Droid X too?
    07-09-10 01:44 PM
    you poor guys are in such denial =(
    I agree 100%. I am really happy I jumped off the Blackberry Bandwagon, lol. This is the smart phone market lol, yet Storm 2 owners JUST want a phone that can make calls and text, lmfao... Get with it guys. The Storm 2 officially sucks and the apps are pure crap compared to apple and android. If you want a phone, JUST to use it as a phone, get an old Nokia, lmfao...

Typical Storm 2 owner repsonse, "Oh, well the apps on my blackberry aren't that cool, but the phone works for what I need it to. Such as phone calls, texting, and UBER slow internet browsing" <----- Hahaha!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but having nice high quality apps, whether useful or useless, is part of having a Smart Phone.
    07-10-10 01:51 AM
    I agree 100%. I am really happy I jumped off the Blackberry Bandwagon, lol. This is the smart phone market lol, yet Storm 2 owners JUST want a phone that can make calls and text, lmfao... Get with it guys. The Storm 2 officially sucks and the apps are pure crap compared to apple and android. If you want a phone, JUST to use it as a phone, get an old Nokia, lmfao...

Typical Storm 2 owner repsonse, "Oh, well the apps on my blackberry aren't that cool, but the phone works for what I need it to. Such as phone calls, texting, and UBER slow internet browsing" <----- Hahaha!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but having nice high quality apps, whether useful or useless, is part of having a Smart Phone.
    What part of "phone" don't you get, troll? a shiny iPhone struggles for reception. IF it wanted a toy, I'd surely buy an iPhone, but I want a P-H-O-N-E. a phone with BBM, a great speaker, a BRIGHT screen, a Surepress screen--in essence, a Storm.

Coming onto this forum with your mindless smack talk makes you a pathetic TROLL. Go crawl back under a bridge where you belong.
    07-10-10 02:26 AM
    I think the bottom line is RIM is loosing serious market share and the DX is going to further accelerate the trend. The fact is that RIM has been caught flat footed in a highly competitive, rapidly advancing smart phone market.

Now even the coveted enterprise messaging users are jumping ship in numbers. The S3 is probably going to be the most important phone RIM will ever release. Hope they get it right and soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 05:11 AM
    What part of "phone" don't you get, troll? a shiny iPhone struggles for reception. IF it wanted a toy, I'd surely buy an iPhone, but I want a P-H-O-N-E. a phone with BBM, a great speaker, a BRIGHT screen, a Surepress screen--in essence, a Storm.

Coming onto this forum with your mindless smack talk makes you a pathetic TROLL. Go crawl back under a bridge where you belong.
    Well put Dave! Why do "outsiders" always have to come into our forums and make smart a$$ remarks about our phone? Stay on your own side of the bridge!
    07-10-10 09:47 AM
    My feelings: yea droid is cool and would almost convince me to make an impulse buy, but when the coolness wears off, i'll miss the surepress and my comfort with the bb os.

07-10-10 10:14 AM
    If they own a bb phone and actively still using it, even if they own an additional phone such as apple or robot, i can understand.

But when you don't even own a bb, coming here to show off your new kill is really...well... i believe you can contribute better in the apple or robot forum.

Maybe because they can't give up their crackberry senior title.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 12:40 PM.
    07-10-10 11:26 AM
    Another thing I'd like to add, come to think of it, I don't need all the bells and whistles of android/apple. I have apps I don't use on my storm. I wonder if more apps is what I need. At the end of the day, I won't sacrifice surepress and my blackberry experience (which I can't really fully describe with words. Just a good feeling) for some free game apps and a front facing camera that I probably wouldn't even use. I think RIM is moving fast enough for me. For others, maybe not. But the specs of the s3 and the new webkit browser video show me everything I need from them.

07-10-10 12:05 PM
    Another thing I'd like to add, come to think of it, I don't need all the bells and whistles of android/apple. I have apps I don't use on my storm. I wonder if more apps is what I need. At the end of the day, I won't sacrifice surepress and my blackberry experience (which I can't really fully describe with words. Just a good feeling) for some free game apps and a front facing camera that I probably wouldn't even use. I think RIM is moving fast enough for me. For others, maybe not. But the specs of the s3 and the new webkit browser video show me everything I need from them.

Maybe you don't use the apps on your bb because they are awful. In terms of the surepress (gimmick), I'd be willing to bet that RIM will be phasing that "technology" out in the near future. And front facing cameras will be standard within the next 2 years.
    07-10-10 12:14 PM
    Maybe you don't use the apps on your bb because they are awful. In terms of the surepress (gimmick), I'd be willing to bet that RIM will be phasing that "technology" out in the near future. And front facing cameras will be standard within the next 2 years.
    The s3 is rumored to have surepress. And I think a front facing camera is more of a gimmick than surepress. It changes the way people input data onto their phone. So far, only people with front facing cameras can video chat each other. And I see no real need to. A phone convo works just as well (probably better? I wouldn't know about the video quality) because who really even does that now?

And my apps on my s2 are just fine. Maybe a little down on UI, but very functional. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm one for functionality over glittery hype. I don't deny there are some good apps on other platforms, but none that I see that make me wanna switch.

07-10-10 12:24 PM
    As a matter of fact I could probably replicate the functionality of any (or maybe most lol) app on iphone or droid on my s2.

07-10-10 12:28 PM
    What apps exactly do you need to run on your phones? I have 50apps in my bb and some i hardly use it while some i uses often or daily. Its more of a life style thing.

Sorry no offence to iphone user but I look at an average iphone user, for example those working around me, what apps they install in their iphone? lots of games and nothing else! I admit that bb don't have nice games as iphone but do note that bb started out as a more serious mature phone. With all the blackberry enterprise servers running and IT policy in place, i don't think anyone can simply so call "jailbreak" a bb phone to run unsecure stuff escaping from their bb enterprise server. RIM priority is not making games and entertainment gadgets in the first place. With the change in smartphone trend and they are trying to change too without compromising what they are best at. If any of the big companies out there decided to use iphone as their corporate phone, with strict IT policy in place, I seriously doubt they will allow jailbreak iphone as coporate phones. Guess what? without jailbreaking, the iphone is also pretty boring, for sure it can't even run flash and much to say free games and apps.

Speaking of apps. lets put games, multimedia aside. what other apps an iphone can run while a bb can't??? most of the common world market apps is multi-platform able to run in bb, apple, droid, nokia etc. those small developers we cannot compare because each concentrate on what they best at.

Even if RIM phase out surepress, it doesn't matter!!! cuz i am having a surepress storm2 now! It is a unique technology that no other phone maker have offer. When RIM drop surepress, I am sure they have reach par with others on touch screen. its just a touch screen, everyone else can do, what so special about touch screen? even those made in china phones also can copy iphone, bb etc. theres a lot in ebay! go get 1 and its too cheap to be real bb or iphone, comes with TV turner amazingly how the chinese can do so well in copying! no offence.

for some time, i even thought motorola is dying! but now they are doing well.

front facing camera been around few years back. when 3G is first available, I already got a 3G phone with front camera for video call and later we see nokia also have a front cam etc etc. its not a matter of they can't make bb phone with 2 cam. its a matter of if they want to do it. look at apple iphone. can i say all camera phone have flash light? why on earth did apple not make a phone with flash light? only till now 2010 we finally see it? your standard is not standard at all when you don't even know who is the pioneer of smartphone, who have all the unique features first and who later copied the idea and addon to their own phones.

Also a point to note. where bandwidth is concern, telco can't simply allow everyone or every phone now to make video call. there is a limit on the data. the technology is somehow not mature yet. when i have my front cam 3G phone, so excited but guess what? data is ex and no one else is using it to make calls with me!

The day when video call is mature is when all phones in the market allow cross platform video call. Not just selfish own brand video call. Maybe bb and droid will reach that day where user can video call each other without restriction but not for apple because it is just for apply only.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 03:29 PM.
    07-10-10 01:09 PM

I'm the troll?! I remember my VERY FIRST POST IN THE STORM 2 forums, when I was so excited to get it, and you were the first one to respond negatively. Saying that "sure you think it is perfect now, until you start having to pull the batteries, and such"... You are the EPITOME of troll

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...oblems-372587/
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-10-10 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Profanity
    07-10-10 02:08 PM
    I'm the troll?! I remember my VERY FIRST POST IN THE STORM 2 forums, when I was so excited to get it, and you were the first one to respond negatively. Saying that "sure you think it is perfect now, until you start having to pull the batteries, and such"... You are the EPITOME of troll!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...oblems-372587/

So get [redacted]...
    You clueless and grossly RUDE troll. My complaints about the Storms that I had last year were NOT COMMENTS ABOUT AN IPHONE. They were legit complaints about the subject of THIS FORUM--STORMS.
    07-10-10 02:14 PM
    Easy, fellers...

07-10-10 02:21 PM
    Easy, fellers...

I see he removed the "f bomb"...that or the mods did and didn't include an "edited" comment.
    07-10-10 02:23 PM
    I saw that too. But I don't want this thread to get locked. I enjoy the debate.

07-10-10 02:25 PM
    If you don't even own or use a bb now, seriously you should go join your fellow robots and contribute there.
    07-10-10 02:31 PM
    I see he removed the "f bomb"...that or the mods did and didn't include an "edited" comment.
    My bad. I got distracted. Now, guys let's keep it civil and on topic
    07-10-10 02:31 PM
    I cannot believe we have another one of these threads with dave and titu knocking the iPhone and praising the Storm2. I love my Storm2 and have no plans to leave, but man let's put these to bed.

My favorite has been the claiming that the iPhone 4 display makes no difference and is pure marketing. I am sorry but a person with bad eyesight could clearly see the difference, much less a normal person. I hope RIM uses a display like that on the Storm2, because it seriously rocks. It makes reading webpages totally a better experience.

This is really another sad topic full of immature, uninformative posts reeking with uninformed, emotional opinions. ROFL
    07-10-10 02:36 PM
    The forward facing cam is the best invention Apple ever came up with
    Phones have had forward facing cameras for years (and they worked on 3g too, not just wi-fi). If you really believe this was an Apple invention, you are a deluded.
    Last edited by Saint_Errant; 07-10-10 at 03:03 PM.
    07-10-10 02:56 PM
    Phones have had forward facing cameras for years (and they worked on 3g too, not just wi-fi). If you really believe this was an Apple invention, you are a deluded.
    I just suddenly recall the funny EVO vs Iphone youtube cartoon. wahahahaha.
    07-10-10 03:31 PM
    I cannot believe we have another one of these threads with dave and titu knocking the iPhone and praising the Storm2. I love my Storm2 and have no plans to leave, but man let's put these to bed.

My favorite has been the claiming that the iPhone 4 display makes no difference and is pure marketing. I am sorry but a person with bad eyesight could clearly see the difference, much less a normal person. I hope RIM uses a display like that on the Storm2, because it seriously rocks. It makes reading webpages totally a better experience.

This is really another sad topic full of immature, uninformative posts reeking with uninformed, emotional opinions. ROFL
    I've seen the screen. I've got great vision. For usage as a phone, the retina display is PURE MARKETING. want me to say it again? IT'S MARKETING. Now give me a LARGER screen--I can get behind that!
    07-10-10 06:32 PM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD