Does anyone know a way to temporarily turn email alerts off on the phone? For example, while I'm at work, I get my emails both on my PC and on my phone. I still want to have my phone out and on to receive calls/texts, but have some kind of 'off mode' for my emails. I haven't found anything in the options for something like this. Any ideas? Thanks!
    02-27-09 11:11 AM
    Under sounds, you can change it to phone calls only.

Unfortunately, you won't get text alerts either.
    02-27-09 11:18 AM
    Do you know,f I do calls only, when I switch it back will I get the texts that I might have missed?
    02-27-09 11:25 AM
    pharaoh meant that you wont hear the alert for texts, not that you won't receive them. and his method only disables the sound, it doesn't turn off the email.
    02-27-09 11:50 AM
    I've created a custom sound profile called "work" with everything identical to the Normal profile except the email alerts set to silent.
    02-27-09 11:52 AM
    I've created a custom sound profile called "work" with everything identical to the Normal profile except the email alerts set to silent.
    Yep, Thats the only way I know how to do it as well. The only thing I have to keep reminding myself to do is syncronize before leaving the office so I don't have to go thru and read 50 emails that I've already read.
    02-27-09 04:56 PM
    you can go to firewall in settings
    02-27-09 05:39 PM
    yeah I just looked at it settings>security>firewall>block whatever you need to
    02-27-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD