Asian Storm is telling the truth. We should listen to what he is willing to say about .106.
    He has been authenticated.
    He's not looking for a high five or his picture on the wall, he knows what it's like to be anxious for the next OS.
    Protecting a source is much more important then making others happy. Especially others you don't really know..
    02-17-09 11:43 AM
    telus approves a new OS once every 5 million years
    02-17-09 12:21 PM
    He has been authenticated.
    From what I can see, you have no reason to say that. forums are teeming with false rumors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 03:18 PM
    I have confirmed with both my Telus Rep (Executive Corp Sales) and a RIM Sales MGR, that .106 is in the pipes for Telus. They couldn't give me a firm date, but told me to hang on before sending my Storm in for repair (Lower right of the screen does not "Click") so it has nothing to do with the firmware, but they both confirmed it is coming. as soon as I can get proof, there will be a photo.

I do trust them both as I had confirmation from the RIM MGR that "an IPhone Killer" was in the works back in June 2007, and that their would be a new Mike Blackberry (the 8350) back in Sept last year so when I get told that 106 is in testing for Carrier Certification I believe him
    02-17-09 03:55 PM
    I do trust them both as I had confirmation from the RIM MGR that "an IPhone Killer" was in the works back in June 2007
    Well, I haven't seen that phone yet from RIM, so I don't think you can trust them too much.
    02-17-09 04:02 PM
    Well, I haven't seen that phone yet from RIM, so I don't think you can trust them too much.
    HA! That's funny. I agree (even if you were being facetious). Even though it's closest to the iPhone to date, IMO it's more of a "RIM killer" (to new RIM customers using the Storm as a jumping in point) than anything. Their inability to get a stable OS or reliable typing mechanism so far has me jumping back to the iPhone if it ever (long shot i know) comes to Verizon. This coming from a user with consumer needs only. I can understand why the Storm would be more appealing to business users than the iPhone. And say what you will about the iPhone's problems from launch till now, it was much more stable and polished from the beginning than the Storm has been. That being said, I do like the phone and hope they get their sh*t together soon. I would liken the troubles the Storm has had to Apple's MobileMe launch fiasco.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 02-17-09 at 04:25 PM.
    02-17-09 04:20 PM
    My best friend works at Telus at Yorkdale, the actual corporate store not a reseller and has heard nothing about this at all.
    02-17-09 06:13 PM
    Hello all,

As promised, I confirmed v4.7.0.106 (Platform 4.0.0.133) is real and does exists for the 9530. I DO NOT have a copy of the OS. Here are the first few lines in the options about menu. I will reach out to Kevin and provide him all the details so we can find a way to get the OS

BlackBerry� 9530
    smartphone (3G, CDMA)
    v4.7.0.106 (Platform 4.0.0.133)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.51
    Branding Version: 1.0.126.63

Regards,
    AsianStorm
    Branding version can be different it depends on the carrier. You have a telus version of the OS. (126) My Version shows 1.0.105.xxx (x's are there to protect my source) But everything else such as platform and Kernel are correct. So Asian storm is not blowing smoke to you guys... It's legit
    02-17-09 06:40 PM
    I have confirmed with both my Telus Rep (Executive Corp Sales) and a RIM Sales MGR, that .106 is in the pipes for Telus. They couldn't give me a firm date, but told me to hang on before sending my Storm in for repair (Lower right of the screen does not "Click") so it has nothing to do with the firmware, but they both confirmed it is coming. as soon as I can get proof, there will be a photo.

I do trust them both as I had confirmation from the RIM MGR that "an IPhone Killer" was in the works back in June 2007, and that their would be a new Mike Blackberry (the 8350) back in Sept last year so when I get told that 106 is in testing for Carrier Certification I believe him
    I called telus today and the rep used the same wording...there is one coming down "the pipe" from RIM.

Hopefully it comes out soon as I would love to have an O/S on my phone that is from a provider rather than a "LEAK"
    02-17-09 07:01 PM
    What's the difference from one being official and one being leaked?

02-17-09 07:20 PM

none..........
    02-17-09 07:22 PM

The vendor.xml file and perhaps an updated theme.

This whole thread is pointless. RIM releases builds to vendors for testing alll the time. Theoretically any of the leaks could be releases if a specific carrier wanted it to be. ALL of these leaked versions are ones released to carriers for testing and they don't pick and choose what vendor to send it to. They all get it.

There is no reason that a store rep would know anything unless they happened to be talking to the right person.

Telus may consider this to be a release candidate (and thus get more thorough testing) but it is just as likely that they could find a bug and it would get rejected.
    02-17-09 08:13 PM
    Either way, I wish they would hurry up!
    02-17-09 09:23 PM
    When I first got my storm, the unit was defective. The screen wouldn't rotate, or sometimes it would but it would go from portrait to landscape, yet it would still keep the portrait view, with black bars on the side. Or the camera would have lines through it and other issues. I kept thinking I can't wait for a new OS to come out to fix all these problems and I bet they will release them frequently.

I replaced the unit, and since then .76 has been amazing. Yeah it could be faster in some cases but I find it's very stable. Having used it for a couple weeks now, I can see Telus taking their time and don't see the huge rush to get a new OS out any time soon.

Personally, my thoughts are that the new OS will come with the application centre or app store whatever it is. Guessing that will require some added functionality.
    02-17-09 09:32 PM
    Personally, my thoughts are that the new OS will come with the application centre or app store whatever it is. Guessing that will require some added functionality.
    Stability yes. Functionality no. Take a look at

Options > Advanced Options > Applications

You will see:

AppStore

and

Blackberry Application Center (VZW customers have this already and I'm guessing others do as well)

The software is there. All it's gonna take once they finally get it up and running as a service book update ti enable AppStore.
    02-17-09 10:26 PM
    It they would have waitied another 6 months to release the Storm, maybe it would have had a chance at the "I-Phone Killer" title, but now it is just a great peice of hardware that works some of the time for some of us........

.103 is a "battery killer" that is for sure.....
    02-17-09 11:05 PM
    .103 is a "battery killer" that is for sure.....
    I'm not having any battery issues. No different from any other releases and better than .83 which was the worst build for me overall.
    02-17-09 11:47 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD