Not sure if this is the right forum, did a search found only people talking about leaked versions. If you go under Downloads on the storm, Telus Navigator is there. My friend that works at Telus said it's been out for a week. It works really well but he said it's $15 a month. Weird thing is it said nothing about subscription, I launched it it said checking subscription and started working. I clicked cancel subscription and it said I have been cancelled and can keep using it until March 18th 2009 so might have a $15 bill on my account.
    02-16-09 06:44 PM
    yeah, I noticed it on my home screen this weekend as well. same auto-renewal of the subscription as usual. I'll gladly stick with the free GPS apps and the Telus GPS Fix posted on here
    02-16-09 08:01 PM
    Yeah you have to watch with Telus about subscription style apps. Windows Live Mobile is the same way, and no notice from Telus about it, until you see your bill.
    02-16-09 08:09 PM
    I remember on my 8703e I had a 30 day free trial with Telus Navigator. The funny thing was at the end, I'd click cancel subscription and it would say "Click OK to confirm your cancellation" and there was no OK button and clicking did nothing so I had to call lol. The neat thing with it though is it does traffic which is cool. Tried it on my way to work this morning, it was like "Calculating route... Warning traffic congested reported up ahead in 3.0 kilometres on highway 401 westbound." which was pretty sweet. Weird thing though is it keeps starting up by itself every 20 minutes or so even when I quit it!!!!

What is the Telus GPS fix everyone talks about though I can't seem to understand it, it just makes locking onto satellites quicker? I wish there was a way to get Garmin mobile unlocked that's a sweet app and affordable at $99, however I just don't like that if I lose this bb or upgrade the $99 is a waste.
    02-17-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD