I just talked to a rep. at Telus and he stated that the storms release date has gotten pushed back a little and they are expecting it to be released either by the end of the month or very early December.

He stated that it would cost approximately $199 for a 3 year contract. And approximately $500 for no contract price. But my guess is that it will be a little higher in price then that for no contract, closer to $600.

Hopefully that help any Canadians trying to hear some news on the storm.
    11-19-08 02:03 PM
    I thought it was Dec 8th already confirmed from before and $299 on a 3 year. But ... who really knows.
    11-19-08 02:09 PM
    i was just at one of the telus stores in victoria, and the rep wouldnt tell me anything.

he went on the website and went "nope, its not there yet"

all he told me was "i guaranty it will be out before December"
    11-19-08 04:56 PM
    I spoke to the loyality team and they did comfirm too me that had a meeting last week and the phone should be out last week of november or 1 st week of dec. But all seems weired cause there even having a telus storm launch one in montreal at the club 1234 dela montange so i dont know who to believe anymore
    11-25-08 08:34 AM
    Is it reasonable to assume that Telus is pushing back the release date because they don't want to the phone to be released until the bugs have been eliminated from the OS? Many BB users with Telus are business people and I would think they would be just a bit pissed if the Storm is experiencing the same problems as our neighbours to the south. I for one want them to take the extra time to work out the kinks before they release this handset to the public. Any thoughts on this?
    11-25-08 07:50 PM
    well when is the next update? I think once that is released it should hit the shelves. As long as it before the 14 im good to go...
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    Have seen a few hands on reviews about the Telus Storm in the last few hours. Must say it looks good and pretty fast. Not sure what build they are running, but I could only imagine the fixes making it faster and more stable.

Brodys2
    11-26-08 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD