Thought i would create this so then ppl that are having this issue don't spend 4 hours trying to get it fixed....maybe when lyr gets a fix he can post it here!! as for now the browser does not like the TELUS network.
    07-22-09 09:53 PM
    Was that the reason? Man, I did spend close to 4 hours before downgrading today. Got flamed quite a few times in the forums when I kept bringing it up haha.
    07-22-09 11:37 PM
    i can't find my browser either can't find a solution
    07-23-09 12:00 AM
    Never mind from the sounds of the rest of this thread my issue is different ignore.

I am on Sasktel and am wondering if I am having the same issue.

The browser is there but when I try it I get the error:
    net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.wAPIOException
    error code 47

When I check the Options/Advanced Options/Browser:
    The selection for internet browser is not there.
    I did the Register in the host routing, resent the service books which didn't help.
    The Bolt browser works so the connection is there it is just the browser settings.

I downgraded for now, but may try again on the weekend when I have more time to mess with it to see if I can find out why and if there is a fix on this end or if it is a telco setting that isn't included or something.
    Last edited by marcus2004; 07-23-09 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Different problem.
    07-23-09 12:05 AM
    Haha yup.. It says the browser files and such are there, however you can't see the icon on the main menu and that was the same for WLM. XD Ah well..

Waiting is the game here for Telus users!
    07-23-09 02:54 AM
    Here's the bizarre thing... The first time I loaded 5.0.0.140 on my Telus Storm, the browser worked just fine. But I wiped and reloaded for something else (big regret) and even I'm having the same issue as the rest of you (browser icon is gone even though all the modules are on the phone, can't get it back using the normal methods, and when you use it via the Switch Application menu, it comes up with the java exception errors). If I'm having an issue, I can guarantee that something is up.

I'm trying a couple of additional things and will let you know if I have any success. As a heads up, the first time I loaded, I loaded from a fresh install of .151 and had wiped using BlackBerry Master Control Program. If nothing else works, I might try that again, otherwise I'll just be going back to .151 period.
    07-23-09 03:12 AM
    I suppose going back to .151 and installing Bolt and/or Opera, along with BBM 5.0, and then upgrading again would be an option - at least there would be a browser...
    07-23-09 03:35 AM
    I suppose going back to .151 and installing Bolt and/or Opera, along with BBM 5.0, and then upgrading again would be an option - at least there would be a browser...
    Tested this solution and it does not work simply as opera and bolt needs to access the browser config to be able to connect to the internet.
    07-23-09 03:59 AM
    Tested this solution and it does not work simply as opera and bolt needs to access the browser config to be able to connect to the internet.
    that's depressing...

I could have sworn someone said that they were using Bolt or Opera Mini without the main browser working.

It's a shame, other than the lack of browser and random reboots (7 so far today) it's a very nice build lol

I guess it's back to 151 until something less terrible comes along
    07-23-09 04:19 AM
    My solution is officially:

Buhbye 5.0.0.140, welcome back 4.7.0.151. I've tried everything I could, including:
    • Wiping and reinstalling using Windows 7
      Wiping and reinstalling using Windows Vista
      Wiping with JL_CMDER
      Wiping with BlackBerry Master Control Program
      Removing certain java files
      Restoring all java files
      Reinstalling the OS on my computer
      Restoring the service books from my backup before connecting to the network
      Downloading the service books from the Telus BIS site
      Combinations of the above

After wiping my phone 5 times and reinstalling 5 times, I'm officially done trying. Good luck and if anyone does figure this out, I'd love to hear your solution.
    07-23-09 04:22 AM
    It is possible to replace the .140 browser files with the .100 or .140 ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:11 AM
    well i can confirm that .140 doesnt work well with Telus, when i load it up i get an DM error, Browser channels 0 of 1 where loaded. So i waited till today to see if there was a fix yet and since i havent found one i tried to figure it out on my own, making a hybrid with the 5.0.0.90 and .93 browser files doesnt work ;-( ill let you guys know if i figure it out going to try the 151 browser files now.
    07-23-09 07:27 AM
    Just to add to this, I actually dlded Opera Mini to my desktop, installed via DM, and voila! Back to surfing the net!

Only problem now for me is that the default browser is needed to download anything, but at least surfing the net is up and running.

Just wanted to pass my 2 cents along to you all.

Anyone manage to install BBM 5.0 via DM to their Telus Storm? I can't manage to get that running for the life of me.
    07-23-09 07:48 AM
    Just to add to this, I actually dlded Opera Mini to my desktop, installed via DM, and voila! Back to surfing the net!
    Excellent, I'll have to give that a try today as a temporary fix.

Anyone manage to install BBM 5.0 via DM to their Telus Storm? I can't manage to get that running for the life of me.
    Yes, basically first you need to delete BlackBerry Messenger from your phone (I did it through the applications menu on the device) then when you add the new 5.0 version through Application Loader it'll actually install successfully.

----

If anyone can figure out a fix to get the default Browser back on the Telus network (does it have to do with Telus not having the 5.0 service books on the network or something yet?) I'll give 'em a $2 paypal donation. Ha.

But seriously, the WAP browser sort of works in the sense that I can click an application on my phone like Telus Mobile Radio and it'll launch the 'browser' and go to the download site but there's no way to navigate away from that page (home just reloads the page) and if you go into the settings most of them are 'missing' for lack of a better word.

Please help... you're my only hope...
    07-23-09 08:00 AM
    im in the process of my last attempt. i removed a few browser files from the 5.0 build totally and am attempting another hybrid now, there were a few extra browser files that didnt appear in the 4.7x builds so im trying to piece something together here. ill let you all know how it goes.
    07-23-09 08:21 AM
    I have been trying everything as well. I really hope someone can get a hybrid running on Telus. It kills me that I can't have the new OS!!!
    07-23-09 09:46 AM
    just to update, no luck here, removing the gears browser file really messes up the phone trying to run all the browser files swapped from a 4.7 build also really messes the phone up, for me at least. lol
    07-23-09 09:48 AM
    When i open the app world download browser and hit bb/options/browser config is says your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.
    Please contact your provider to enable the b roeser on your device. Anyone call telus?
    07-23-09 12:10 PM
    At least this thread is progressing for us Telus users. I haven't had time to try anything else. But seems like everyone else getting somewhere ):
    07-23-09 12:13 PM
    telus did not support because a dont have the official os from telus
    07-23-09 12:14 PM
    Maybe I am one of the lucky few...but .140 is fine with TELUS. All Apps (except facebook and app world) are working, and the browser is fine. The browser is very fast and the tabbed browsing is nice. It seems to render sites faster than 4.7.0.151, although the option to set Internet Browser vs Blackberry Browser is gone.

Otherwise, even my gmail over BIS and my corporate BES set up came up without a hitch...OS 5.0 is great!
    07-23-09 12:27 PM
    Maybe I am one of the lucky few...but .140 is fine with TELUS. All Apps (except facebook and app world) are working, and the browser is fine. The browser is very fast and the tabbed browsing is nice. It seems to render sites faster than 4.7.0.151, although the option to set Internet Browser vs Blackberry Browser is gone.

Otherwise, even my gmail over BIS and my corporate BES set up came up without a hitch...OS 5.0 is great!
    I wonder if its a BIS/BES thing. I have seen a couple of people on BES say its fine for them
    07-23-09 12:31 PM

My hunch for why your Telus storm works could be due to your BES potentially delivering the missing / working browser service books to get the browser working, whereas all of us BIS only users are not receiving the appropriate service books for browser config / operation.

.... I actually gave up the fight and reverted back to .151... ah the good ol' days of 4.7.0.xxx...
    07-23-09 12:34 PM
    I wonder if its a BIS/BES thing. I have seen a couple of people on BES say its fine for them
    Ack! I just realized you posted your message way quicker than me.. but glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this way ..
    07-23-09 12:36 PM
    Weird new funding:

As mentioned previously, launching Telus Web (WAP browser) works but from there I am able to follow links to google and from there navigate as usual to some degree (I don't have the 'Go To' option so I cannot type in a link directly without 'searching' it through Google.) If I switch out of the Browser my progress is lost and I am returned to the Telus WAP home page. This is so weird. It feels as though we're just missing one little thing from Telus to get it running� I wonder if we can expand upon the fact that it works on BES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 01:15 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD