This may need to go into the General area, but I found this site a while back and wanted to install it again since I've updated OS's and not saved my programs.

From a desktop: MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME)

From a device: http://xk72.com/wap

I have installed it and run it, but have not been able to test a connection as of yet.

Anyways, worth a go and it's free.
    01-27-09 03:02 PM
    That is pretty cool, thanks for the info. I will try loggin into one of my unix boxes later 2nite...
    01-27-09 03:32 PM
    You wouldn't want to set up a dummy client for me to test would you? :wink: :wink: Honestly, I'm not a big Linux user, but i'd like to see if it works. Maybe a PM with details? I would just like to have the connection available long enough JUST to see if it will connect. I'm behind a BES setup, so I've had issues with programs and the connection. I did download the correct version for BES, but you never know. If you can or will, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 03:46 PM
    Doesn't seem quite ready for Storm yet. Can't get KB and app display to coexist.

But SSH client - at least - gets right into the network via BES...

-------------------------------------------

Rats! Tried to send developer a message, the "contacts" page says he's no longer developing/supporting the app.

POOO!
    Last edited by bigredrandy; 01-27-09 at 03:56 PM.
    01-27-09 03:49 PM
    once again...

what the F*** does this program do. dont just say here it is
    01-27-09 03:52 PM
    lol It's a Telnet client. If you don't know what it is, then you more than likely don't need it. I PERSONALLY don't need it right now, but I want it for when I get a server up and running and I want to try things with it.

And for the record, identifying the title to say Telnet Client IS effectively stating what it does. I can understand if the thread was "Cool APP!!!" and all I did was post a link. But even the desktop link states SSH and Telnet Client.

If you were interested, you could READ what's on the link and it may give you more insight.
    01-27-09 04:07 PM
    It says Telnet client in the subject title, pretty obvious what it is. If you don't know what telnet is, it probably doesn't matter to you.
    01-27-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD