I am interested in the battery life and your experiences....

Did you start playing right away or did you have the discipline to just open the box and plug it in for a few hours?

How long should you plug it in for?

-Curious...
    11-21-08 07:17 PM
    Plugged it in at my office and started playing with it for a little bit but then work got busy.

The vzw rep said to charge it for a good few hours first, whatever you want to make of that.
    11-21-08 07:29 PM
    havent plugged it in yet .. been .... 7 hours of non stop play and have about 50 percent battery life still
    11-21-08 07:30 PM
    what i always do is play and let the phone die ... then i will charge it overnight..
    11-21-08 07:31 PM
    In case you're worried about first fully charging to avoid the "memory" effect, don't be. The Storm uses a li-ion battery. There's no need to fully charge for the first charge.
    11-21-08 07:35 PM
    Is this one of those where you first have to drain the battery that it came with and then do a full charge?
    11-21-08 07:52 PM
    i took it out got things working registered email bis all that deal got my pin working made sure everything was gravy then... climbed into bed for about 5 hours...

have been messing with it sense I woke up besides for going to my cousins football game..

Its hot and it is a good device some people wont like it but I know I do.
    11-22-08 01:36 AM
    Is this one of those where you first have to drain the battery that it came with and then do a full charge?
    No. Li-Ions do not need that.
    11-22-08 09:24 AM
    I just started playing with it. I could not resist, I fully charged it last night!
    11-22-08 09:26 AM
    Yeah I started playing with it right away but there was not much of charge on it to begin with. I then charged it all night and ready to go today.
    11-22-08 09:39 AM
    No it isn't necessary. But I have found with Li-Po or Li-Ion batteries, it is good to "wake" them up when the battery is new. I usually drain it completely (by using it), charge it, drain it completely (by using it) and then charge it again. After that, I just charge it whenever I feel like.
    Now I'm not saying you have to do this, so everybody can keep the flames down. This is just a personal thing I do and I have a lot of Li-Po and Li-Ion batteries for different uses. This post is only worth 2 cents!
    11-22-08 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD