Given the ease at which you can download free songs if you know where to look, and transfering songs from your computer with the sim card.... what does the rhapsody offer to warrant it's monthly fee (serious question, no attempts to flame or start a fight)?

When I called the verizon help desk number (and FINALLY got a human being on the phone after all the menu options), I couldn't get a clear answer other than "it's to download songs with".

Info?
    02-15-09 07:31 AM
    We have rhapsody and you can down load free to the computer as long as you maintain the subscription...14.95 a month (plus airtime). If you wish to burn or actually download to another place you must purchase the music.....
    .99 per song directly to computer, which you can burn and move wherever you want. If you use another phone to buy the music for which is what we did for my sons lg decoy, then it is 1.99 per song, but the phone and the computer both get a copy. I was told you can access v cast with rhapsody from 3 locations for the 14.95 we have only tried the two, you can sign in to the site free and it will tell you the details. Good luck, hope this helps!
    02-15-09 08:08 AM
    We have rhapsody and you can down load free to the computer as long as you maintain the subscription...14.95 a month (plus airtime). If you wish to burn or actually download to another place you must purchase the music.....
    .99 per song directly to computer, which you can burn and move wherever you want. If you use another phone to buy the music for which is what we did for my sons lg decoy, then it is 1.99 per song, but the phone and the computer both get a copy. I was told you can access v cast with rhapsody from 3 locations for the 14.95 we have only tried the two, you can sign in to the site free and it will tell you the details. Good luck, hope this helps!
    You can download to up to 3 locations. I have it set up and use it primarily on my phone and on my Tivo. Not sure if it's worth $15/month but I do find it convenient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:10 AM
    So if I download a song on my Strom, I cannot transfer it to My Mac? I dont think Rhapsody works with Macs at all.
    02-15-09 01:04 PM
    this is legal.. free song sites can be found, but if you are downloading, you are most likely stealing.. this doesn't bother a lot of people, but others don't want to break laws.
    02-15-09 01:43 PM
    I thought about using Rhapsody, but it was too much money for it. For 15/mo, plus the $1 per song on your PC, and $2 OTA. I find syncing with my iTunes library is much better.
    02-15-09 01:58 PM
    I thought about using Rhapsody, but it was too much money for it. For 15/mo, plus the $1 per song on your PC, and $2 OTA. I find syncing with my iTunes library is much better.
    Ouch! $2 OTA!? That is crazy! Nevermind this is not worth it at all!
    02-15-09 02:01 PM
    Actually, I have no problem with the $15/month - if it worked correctly.

Subscribe to whatever you want from their library, transfer to phone - good to go.

The problem that numerous of us have run into is after the 30 days, when you have to resync tracks, things atart out dicey, and go downhill from there.
    02-15-09 02:10 PM
    has anyone tried spiralfrog on the storm? I haven't, but know they have a pretty big library, and it is free, legal, and you just have to answer some questions once a month to keep your songs working.
    02-15-09 02:18 PM
    I do wish you could download songs OTA. If you have the $15/month subscription, you don't need to buy the songs to listen to them, but you do have to update the licenses. I haven't had a problem with that yet but it is annoying to do. With a 3G phone and everyone being forced to have a data plan, you'd think they could verify the licenses OTA so you don't have to go through this BS every month. For the time being though, I like it enough to keep using it.
    02-15-09 03:18 PM
    This my first post, but I felt compelled to reply. My wife and I have been using Rhapsody solely for the subscription tracks with our Sandisk Sansa players for a few years. I had always wanted to be able to use my phone with Rhapsody to avoid carrying 2 devices when at the gym. When I saw that Verizon supported Rhapsody and that it worked with the Storm, I was sold. This is where things went wrong. First, in order to get Rhapsody to work on your phone, you have to make adjustments to how your phone handles memory. Not a huge deal until you try to add other types of media to your card (video, pictures, etc). At this very moment, I am re-downloading all 776 subscription tracks to my Storm because the phone will not update the subscription to the tracks. There are a few tricks on the forums if you search that people have had different levels of success with. I love Rhapsody. And I like my Storm. The two together leave something to be desired. Second, when I use Rhapsody's subscription service on my memory card and add other types of media, I always start to get errors from one type of media. Either the Rhapsody tracks won't play and give an error message or the other type of media (especially video) will give an error message. I have been and continue to be a Rhapsody fan. The Storm is a good phone but is not living up to my expectations when it comes to supporting Rhapsody. I switched from AT&T to Verizon just for this phone. My wife switched to Sprint and got an 8330. If I had known the problems I was going to have with the features that sold me on this phone, I would have gone with Sprint and gotten "less phone," but at least not been disappointed in the lackluster execution of the features I thought I was going to get without having to dive deep into the settings of the phone. My point is that Rhapsody brought me to Verizon and the Storm was the icing on the cake. When put together, the cake sucks.
    Last edited by Hellbound1; 02-15-09 at 05:08 PM.
    02-15-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD