Anyone else having issues with telephone keypad ?

Only key working is the 0 !

Ideas ?

wiped with JL_cmdr and then used DM to upgrade to official release
    10-29-09 03:50 PM
    Anyone else having issues with telephone keypad ?

Only key working is the 0 !

Ideas ?

wiped with JL_cmdr and then used DM to upgrade to official release
    I have the same problem too. The numbers "highlight" but when you press on them, it does nothing, altho it still gives you the option to add a number to speed dial if you hold down the number.

Any ideas anyone?
    10-31-09 08:08 PM
    Im having the same prob please help
    11-01-09 06:41 PM
    I changed the portrait mode from full keypad to surepress and then back again a few times and it worked !

A verizon rep I took it to pull the battery and then said "that's all the troubleshooting I can do"...and then offered me a replacement phone !

As I was going to have have to pay full retail I declined and went home and fiddled with it a bit more.

Now working !
    11-02-09 09:56 AM
    I changed the portrait mode from full keypad to surepress and then back again a few times and it worked !

A verizon rep I took it to pull the battery and then said "that's all the troubleshooting I can do"...and then offered me a replacement phone !

As I was going to have have to pay full retail I declined and went home and fiddled with it a bit more.

Now working !
    Why would you have to pay full retail? Are you a Verizon customer or are you using the 9500 (do you mean 9530)? I'm just thinking if its a phone problem the replacement should cost nothing.
    Last edited by pkn068; 11-02-09 at 10:04 AM.
    11-02-09 10:02 AM
    I had the same issue. Called Verizon and they had me perform a security wipe.

Options <> Security Options <> Secutity Wipe <> Select 'Emails, Contacts, etc.'

Type 'blackberry' in the text field and hit 'wipe'. After the phone rebooted. The base .328 OS was there and the keypad worked.

Lator
    11-02-09 11:32 AM
    Any themes on your problematic phone? Haven't experienced this issue
    11-02-09 01:33 PM

Now working !

this worked for me to
    11-02-09 08:04 PM
    I had the same problem, found this fix in a previous thread: "I went into options/language and text input, and changed the top language selection from 'English (US)' to 'English' and problem solved!" That fixed it for me.
    11-16-09 05:07 PM
    Thanks everyone!!!

My number pad wasn't working either, I read some other posts here, followed their advice and now it works!!

Thanks again!!!!
    11-17-09 10:37 AM
    Thank You So Much for that!!!!
    I wasn't about to wipe my emails and contacts!!!
    I had already blew away 3rd party apps, reloaded the OS next was customer support. ack!!!!
    thanks again for posting!!!
    11-28-09 09:40 AM

Now working !
    Switching to surepress worked for me as well but switching back did not. How many times did you do this? Have I missed a step? Wonder why this started all of a sudden?
    12-03-09 10:00 AM
    I know this is an old thread but i just wanted to say thanks! I just encountered this problem today and after reading all of the different ways i tried the following on and it fix it. it was quick and easy thanks for posting!

I had the same problem, found this fix in a previous thread: "I went into options/language and text input, and changed the top language selection from 'English (US)' to 'English' and problem solved!" That fixed it for me.
    10-22-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD