I want to try it out but you have to put in a credit card and all that info for the trial.

Anyone try it yet?
    12-23-08 11:48 AM
    All I know is Telenav sux around big buildings like downtown san francisco. People literally have to drive out of the city for Telenav to locate them and then drive back in but then the positioning of the phone gets thrown off.
    12-23-08 11:50 AM
    I was going to try it but, it's $9.99/month. For that price I might as well stick with VZ Navigator.

At least Garmin Mobile has a one-time-fee option.
    12-23-08 12:50 PM
    Is anyone using it with Storm? Does it work better than VZ NAV? I like voice address - but does not seem to be worth $10.00 a month.
    12-23-08 01:07 PM
    I am downloading it now.

I know the pricing is better if you do the 1 year or 4 year pricing.

I will report back if I like it.
    12-23-08 07:15 PM
    So far I am impressed. It found me very quickly inside my house (under 15 seconds). Panning is faster and smoother than VZNav and it downloads the map faster (it seems).

It is nice when searching for best gas price you can choose what grade of gas you want it to search for (regular, premium, diesel).

I like it a lot more than VZNav so far.
    12-23-08 07:26 PM
    I downloaded and got the app installed. But I can't get passed the security thing saying that the app needs to change the security settings. I do not have allow on my options just prompt.

I've done multiple battery pulls but still nothing... Any ideas ?
    12-23-08 08:13 PM
    I downloaded and got the app installed. But I can't get passed the security thing saying that the app needs to change the security settings. I do not have allow on my options just prompt.

I've done multiple battery pulls but still nothing... Any ideas ?
    I am having the same problem. What I have done is listed below, in order.

* Installed the proper TeleNav software for the Storm (5.1.0.930)
    * Battery Pull
    * Had a clear IT policy sent down from the BES. (This is an Enterprise BB)
    * Wiped the Handheld (Did not put it back on the BES)
    * Took it from .83 to .75
    * Uninstalled TeleNav again and Reinstalled it.
    * Device wipe, uninstall and reinstall.
    * Manually went through all permissions settings for TeleNav.
    * Called TeleNav, even though they were nice, I got a shrug of the shoulders. They will call me back within the week.

Anyone know the way to get this to work? Hardware error?

FYI - I am getting a new device as part of my touch screen is not responsive....the part that the space bar is on which is the reason why I am getting it replaced. We will see if it is the hardware.
    12-26-08 08:58 PM
    The speak the address feature is great. The problem is the maps in my area are out of date. vz navi, garmin are right on. Too bad.
    12-26-08 11:31 PM
    All I know is Telenav sux around big buildings like downtown san francisco. People literally have to drive out of the city for Telenav to locate them and then drive back in but then the positioning of the phone gets thrown off.
    That is a hardware problem, not software!
    12-26-08 11:57 PM
    I have had it just a couple of days (30 free days, now!) and it seems really good. I love the "called in" feature. Call the number and you get to have the data sent to your phone! awesome idea.....

Garmin Mobile...3 days free???? I installed it and didn't use it in those 3 days....work and all.... then you have to commit??? wow!

The 30 days is worth EVERYONE trying it and make a good decision. I loaded and NO problems....

12-28-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD