Beware TeleNav Buyers! I, like many of you, signed up for the TeleNav GPS Trial period. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I expected and crashed my Storm anytime I tried to do something with it while I was driving.

Anyway I went on to there website and followed the customer support page and used their online, fill in the blank form, canceling my trial period (to avoid CC billing that you MUST do to get the trial in the first place!). Friday I rec'd email notification that they had billed my CC????

I called customer service and they are telling me that since I don't have email proof (because I used their website form) I may not get my $9.99 back? This is Horrendous customer service and I will certainly make it a mission to make sure that ANYONE that attempts to use this software is fully aware of their bad policies.

If you are a trial subscriber and want to cancel DO NOT use their online, use their email address via "your" email system and document everything....

What a joke, what a rip....
    01-26-09 03:48 PM
    call your cc company. They will issue a chargeback and credit your account. Telenav's mistake will now cost them the origonal 9.99 you paid plus a 25 dollar chargeback fee.
    01-26-09 03:58 PM
    I have had nothing but good experience with telenav. The only thing that I did not like is how slow it was when looking in the address book for contacts.
    01-26-09 04:12 PM
    Great idea, I will do that. Maybe if folks do that enough they may change their ways?????
    01-26-09 04:13 PM
    Telenav is the very first thing I install on my storm while testing any of the leaked OS's and I haven't had any problems ... Now as far as the customer service part ... Thats a good heads up.
    01-26-09 04:15 PM
    I think TeleNav has the best customer service I have seen in a long time. They charged me in error too. A quick tweet on Twitter, and I was treated like royalty.

I am about as cynical as they come, but I love teleNav.
    01-26-09 06:43 PM
    pcassano - Mary Beth from TeleNav here. I'm really sorry to hear that you've run into a problem. Please shoot me an email (marybethl@telenav.com) with your account information and I'll forward it on to someone who can help right away.

Also - just for future reference - we have a User Forum which our care team monitors. This may be a quicker way to get a response in the future. It's at forum.telenav.com (or accessed off of our support page on our main site)

Thanks,
    Mary Beth
    01-26-09 06:58 PM
    I havent had any issues with Telenav. Why didnt you make a copy of the email stating you wanted to cancel??? It just seems to me that would be a given anytime you request to cancel service by email to anyone. You may have received an email from them saying why it hasnt been canceled. It may have been blocked by your firewall. I know Telenavs customer support has been good to me & everyone I know. I'm not pointing the blame at anyone. I just find it hard to beleive that a company like Telenav would try to rip you off for $9.99.
    01-28-09 05:06 AM
    Wow a rep from cutomer service responded to your complaint on crackberry? Sounds like pretty good customer services to me!

Im on a trail and have had no problems at all. Love telenav.
    01-29-09 01:30 PM
    Telenav has refused to cancel my account and has not responded to numerous phone calls and emails. They continue to charge my account. I was forced to call my credit card company to report Telenav.

I enjoyed the product during the trial, but their business practices are fraudulent.
    01-30-09 10:50 AM
    Telenav has refused to cancel my account and has not responded to numerous phone calls and emails. They continue to charge my account. I was forced to call my credit card company to report Telenav.

I enjoyed the product during the trial, but their business practices are fraudulent.
    I don't think they are fraudulent. On the contrary, they are very responsive. The person who posted is legit; they do seem to care. If you had emailed her, it would have been responded to within an hour.

Hate that you had a bad experience though...
    01-30-09 11:21 AM
    I love TeleNav - I just wish the screen wasn't so plain.
    01-30-09 11:48 AM

Sean from Telenav.
    I have read your post, & I am sorry for the inconvenience issue has caused you. I want you to know that I would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Please email me at (seanw@telenav.com). I also want to assure that Telenav in no-way has fraudulent business practices. If you can please e-mail me with any SR# you may have or your wireless phone #
    02-02-09 06:07 AM
    Telenav is free with sprint by the way. Its included in the Blackberry data package.
    06-30-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD