Found this on Handango. Anyone used it? Will it work on a Storm?

I want to use it with Outlook 2003 and a Telus Storm.

TIA - R.
    Last edited by Rooster99; 01-14-09 at 04:26 PM.
    01-14-09 04:22 PM
    bump ... (moved from another forum, seems to be getting buried)

- R.
    01-14-09 09:49 PM
    For those interested, I just downloaded it and don't think it's for me.

Key issue is it lacks the 2 level sort - for instance, Priority within Due Date. I would actually prefer Category within Due Date, but ...

The data it displays is also limited. You get 1 line/Task, which means only about 40 characters. To see more you need to open the Task. And if you select the Due Date to be displayed, it's on that single line and for some reason it can get crowded off the screen. It does display the Outlook Priority beside each Task, so that's nice.

I would need to have separate fields for the Due Date display, ideally the Category as well, and absolutely have to have the 2 level Sort. Maybe TaskReports is the solution, but I want all of it in 1 app. Overall, TaskMaster doesn't seem to add a whole lot to the standard BB Task app.

On to spend my Friday night testing other task management apps. I would prefer to have a life, of course, but ... sigh ...

- R.
    01-16-09 09:37 PM
    PocketInformant Blackberry is an excellent product. www - pocketinformant - com
    01-17-09 08:56 AM
    I'm afraid I can no longer recommend Pocket Informant. I have had an intermittent bug pop up where the sync from Outlook almost caused huge numbers of Calendar events to be deleted from Outlook. Fortunately I was able to reject the changed before they took effect.

However, in at least 1 of these instances something caused some records to be duplicated. In the latest instance of this issue I was traveling and had created new Calendar events in my Berry for new appointments. Since the only fix to my problem is to do a 1 way sync from Outlook, replacing all native PIM and PI records, now I have to manually review all Calendar events in my Berry and add any new ones to Outlook so I can then do the 1 way sync to get things back on track. This is both laborious and has huge potential for error.

The support team at WebIS keep saying it's caused by PI syncing to the wrong Calendar, but I only have 1. They can't help me beyond that.

Please note that I am running PI 1.6, and an S1 with .122. I also have PI set to sync from the native PIM. Different configurations may have different results.

In general I like PI, but I rely too heavily on my PDA to live with this kind of potential error. I am now looking for a PI alternative. Given the problem may be with the Storm, unless the S2 is WAY more stable and trouble free than the S1, I will also be looking for an alternative to a BB very soon.

This was my first venture into smartphones, and after hearing so much about BB's being so reliable, I am very disappointed.

- R.
    09-25-09 07:19 PM
    After much time spent on this I've discovered it's not PI - it's the Berry. Apparently Berries are designed to delete user data when free memory is low. "Old" Calendar entries are included. Check out the Storm 9530 thread "To all those "Don't worry about memory.." comments... " for details.

Good thing those RIM engineers are so much wiser than I am and can decide for me when my data should be deleted. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over!

So apologies to PI - it was not a PI issue. Actually, I just upgraded to 2.0 of PI and my endorsement of this program got even stronger - it's an excellent PIM!

- R.
    11-29-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD