Hey guys. Just having seen one of the US Storm commercials, I have just realised there is no 'tap and drag' function for my phone (9500). What I mean by tap and drag is when you tap on an icon (say on the home screen for example) and it is is highlighted and then drag your finger acros to the next icon, it doesnt move the selection along. The selection remains on the icon you tapped first.

Does anyone know if this is a 9500 issue or if it is an issue with my phone specifically? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    01-08-09 12:07 PM
    It doesn't work when you're on the home screen and only displaying the 4/8/12 arrangement. However, if you display the entire menu, and have 16 or fewer icons, you can do the drag.
    01-08-09 12:12 PM
    However, if you display the entire menu, and have 16 or fewer icons, you can do the drag.
    It doesn't work like that with the .85 version. I was bummed.
    01-08-09 12:54 PM
    It doesn't work like that with the .85 version. I was bummed.
    So does that mean it is completely disabled on .85?
    01-08-09 01:31 PM
    So does that mean it is completely disabled on .85?
    Yes, and the .83 9530 leak as well.
    01-08-09 01:46 PM
    I downgraded to .78 yesterday to see if this was a software issue and apparently its not. The tap and drag did not work with .78 either on the home screen or the full menu in both potrait and landscape. Did a batter pull and nothing.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
    01-12-09 05:25 AM
    I downgraded to .78 yesterday to see if this was a software issue and apparently its not. The tap and drag did not work with .78 either on the home screen or the full menu in both potrait and landscape. Did a batter pull and nothing.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
    Did you make sure you have 16 or fewer icons? Originally (I can't speak for some of the later leaked OS updates), the feature only worked if you had 16 or fewer icons, since with 16 or fewer all icons can be seen on-screen without requiring scrolling, which is keyed to the same touch gesture as the tap-and-drag-the-blue-glow. Obviously there would be problems if the phone itself were required to decide if you were trying to scroll, or just drag the blue highlight.
    01-12-09 05:38 AM
    Did you make sure you have 16 or fewer icons? Originally (I can't speak for some of the later leaked OS updates), the feature only worked if you had 16 or fewer icons, since with 16 or fewer all icons can be seen on-screen without requiring scrolling, which is keyed to the same touch gesture as the tap-and-drag-the-blue-glow. Obviously there would be problems if the phone itself were required to decide if you were trying to scroll, or just drag the blue highlight.
    Ahhhh ok. Yeah I actually have more than 16. Ill reduce the number of icons and see how I go. Thanks for the tip.
    01-12-09 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD