This morning my Storm lost battery power while on the power Cradle! Yes, you read right. After a battery pull and two different chargers the battery power level never moved beyond 20%.

This afternoon I went to Verizon wearing my bullet proof vest ready for a confrontation since I waved the insurance. That is a story for another post. Once there, we went through the normal questions. Did you try charging the Storm on a different charger and outlet? Did you preform a battery pull then try to charge the Storm again? Have you updated to the official Verizon build (.76) Etc.

After answering the questions to her satisfaction the rep not only replaced my battery for free she mentioned that if my Storm still doesn't hold a charge they will ship out a replacement Storm at no charge!

I was speechless. My wife would agree that's very abnormal for me. The Verizon rep also mentioned that there was a official OS update imminent. Perhaps as soon as next week. She couldn't (or wouldn't) identify which build is being issued.

Speaking about the official update. She said the official OS update will bring major improvements users has been demanding. We only had time for a glimps of changes since my wife was about to leave me for another man offering her dinner. In passing, the rep blurted out that the vibrate pause then ring issue will be a thing of the pass.

Take heart my fellow Storm chasers. Majestic stormy days are on the horizon!
    03-20-09 07:03 PM
    You should write for a living.

I just talked to a rep on the phone (not tech support but just regular customer service) and he didn't know what the **** he was talking about. I hope the update is coming soon.

But on the other hand, Did she really know what she was talking about? Because "Have you updated to the official Verizon build (.76) Etc." doesn't sound right to me.
    03-20-09 07:12 PM
    I've called a few times in the past few days to see what was said. They all had the same thing to say, the update is being worked on and will be out soon. But we all know not to expect anything until we get the message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 07:16 PM
    They replaced your battery because your phone has a one year gaurantee. Anything that goes wrong with it due to defect, not the users fault, they will fix or replace. AS LONG AS you have not voided your warenty in any fashion.
    03-20-09 07:21 PM
    But on the other hand, Did she really know what she was talking about? Because "Have you updated to the official Verizon build (.76) Etc." doesn't sound right to me.
    Actually, all she asked if I had updated to the official build. I'm assuming it's .76. I failed to mention that I'm actually on a .114 hybrid. Shh!

I didn't actually lie. I did update to the 'official' build the day I bought the Storm in December. The story might be a little different if she asked, 'What OS build are you currently using?'
    03-20-09 07:36 PM
    They replaced your battery because your phone has a one year guarantee. Anything that goes wrong with it due to defect, not the users fault, they will fix or replace. AS LONG AS you have not voided your warranty in any fashion.
    I'm very grateful for that one year guarantee since I waived the insurance. Not only did I get the battery replaced but, keep my wife too. I'm sure she would have left me if I had to buy a new Storm. I just can imagine her walking out of the store saying, 'Can you hear ME now?'
    03-20-09 07:38 PM
    Actually, all she asked if I had updated to the official build. I'm assuming it's .76. I failed to mention that I'm actually on a .114 hybrid. Shh!

I didn't actually lie. I did update to the 'official' build the day I bought the Storm in December. The story might be a little different if she asked, 'What OS build are you currently using?'
    Last official Verizon update is .75....hence her probably not knowing what shes talking about. But i'll just give her the benefit of the doubt for the **** of it.
    03-20-09 07:39 PM
    I have a question, my battery has been draining quicker than usual. When you use something, like the internet, or an application, do you have to go click on blackberry button and CLOSE the app or internet? do these apps run in the background if you just click the end button and kill battery?
    03-20-09 07:41 PM
    It's offical. couple of weeks. I have seen it and it is a beast.

This morning my Storm lost battery power while on the power Cradle! Yes, you read right. After a battery pull and two different chargers the battery power level never moved beyond 20%.

This afternoon I went to Verizon wearing my bullet proof vest ready for a confrontation since I waved the insurance. That is a story for another post. Once there, we went through the normal questions. Did you try charging the Storm on a different charger and outlet? Did you preform a battery pull then try to charge the Storm again? Have you updated to the official Verizon build (.76) Etc.

After answering the questions to her satisfaction the rep not only replaced my battery for free she mentioned that if my Storm still doesn't hold a charge they will ship out a replacement Storm at no charge!

I was speechless. My wife would agree that's very abnormal for me. The Verizon rep also mentioned that there was a official OS update imminent. Perhaps as soon as next week. She couldn't (or wouldn't) identify which build is being issued.

Speaking about the official update. She said the official OS update will bring major improvements users has been demanding. We only had time for a glimps of changes since my wife was about to leave me for another man offering her dinner. In passing, the rep blurted out that the vibrate pause then ring issue will be a thing of the pass.

03-20-09 07:44 PM
    Yes it's true. The new OS .113 will be released in a couple of weeks. I have hands on experience with the new OS and you will be impressed.
    03-20-09 07:47 PM
    Short answer is yes. Long answer is there are too many variables to answer your question. If you use GPS or run programs which utilize the GPS function (and/or a whole slew of other things) this will undoubtedly drain your battery. Kind of like your boss getting into close proximity of your desk. I wish I could track him on my Storm!
    03-20-09 07:48 PM
    Kind of like your boss getting into close proximity of your desk. I wish I could track him on my Storm!
    LOL!

03-20-09 07:52 PM
    Yes it's true. The new OS .113 will be released in a couple of weeks. I have hands on experience with the new OS and you will be impressed.
    Its not .113. Its been said they are already into the .17x
    03-20-09 07:59 PM
    Short answer is yes. Long answer is there are too many variables to answer your question. If you use GPS or run programs which utilize the GPS function (and/or a whole slew of other things) this will undoubtedly drain your battery. Kind of like your boss getting into close proximity of your desk. I wish I could track him on my Storm!
    so after im done using maps and such things, i should "close" the apps?

What about the internet, if u dont 'close' it does it drain battery
    03-20-09 07:59 PM
    But we all know not to expect anything until we get the message.

Still waiting on my dang msg!!!
    03-20-09 08:00 PM
    so after im done using maps and such things, i should "close" the apps?

What about the internet, if u dont 'close' it does it drain battery
    It is better to error on the side of caution. Always close applications you are not using. This method will increase your battery life. And check into the "Quick Pull" application. This mod will automatically reset your Storm at a time chosen by you. Think ... battery pull without actually pulling the battery.
    03-20-09 08:05 PM
    It is better to error on the side of caution. Always close applications you are not using. This method will increase your battery life. And check into the "Quick Pull" application. This mod will automatically reset your Storm at a time chosen by you. Think ... battery pull without actually pulling the battery.
    Oh yea I have that application, I have it programmed for 515 in the morning. I disabled the memory cleaner for now though because it lagged when I pressed the lock key.

The bad thing about the scheduled pull is that if I shut off my phone over night, it actually turns it on at 515 in the morning lol which can be a bit annoying but its ok
    03-20-09 08:16 PM
    My info is from the source.. REGAARDLESS. due out in a couple of weeks for sure.

Its not .113. Its been said they are already into the .17x
    03-20-09 08:16 PM
    it's not gonna be .113

you really think we're going to have a leak of what they're actually working on now? i'm sure they are way ahead of the stuff we have now. think about it.
    03-20-09 08:19 PM
    My corporate rep also says imminent. He's also said that the next version is not .90 like he's been saying for the past couple weeks, but now .113.
    03-20-09 08:20 PM
    rodeov:

.113 is already out for the 9500

i haven't heard anything about it being a "beast"

and who is this "source" you're talking about?
    03-20-09 08:22 PM
    ...and who's your source? Kmart?
    03-20-09 08:24 PM
    for the record...i'm not saying an update isnt coming, but i have a hard time believing the next official OS will be .113, when .114 has already been leaked.
    03-20-09 08:24 PM
    I'm a indirect agent for verizon wireless and my verizon rep for the pittsburgh market told me that the release should be out in a couple weeks for the storm and that it will a completely brand new device, and if anybody can tether there blackberry to internet free for a month and get the 30 dollars waived just call customer service
    03-20-09 09:12 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Chances are we will see another leak before Verizon releases an official OS.
    03-20-09 09:15 PM
201 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD