The darn thing keeps shutting off on me! I did the hard reset, but it still shuts off. I can be texting, set the phone down for a minute, pick it up and I can not get the screen to come up! I have to hold down the button on the top right for a period of time and let it reboot! Ugh! Is anyone else having this issue? I know it probably has been discussed, but my time is limited. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miles
    05-20-09 08:17 AM
    What operating system are you running? If still .75, I'd look at doing an update. Leaked: OS 4.7.0.148 for the BlackBerry Storm 9530! | CrackBerry.com
    05-20-09 08:20 AM
    If these "Leaked" OS's are so good... why haven't they released any of them, "Officially", thus far?
    05-20-09 08:30 AM
    They are good. They are an option out on the table for you, you can eithe upgrade and stop complaining or stay with .75 and live with reboots, or take it back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:35 AM
    If you have nothing important on it like purchased apps or photos, and it's within 30 days from the original purchase date, go return it! There is NO need to hold on to a phone that is nothing more than the world's first touchscreen paperweight.

I am on my second Storm and I am so happy that I traded my old one that would just reset all of the time. I personally love my phone! However, if you could live without a Blackberry...why not wait for the Tour or even Storm 2?
    05-20-09 08:37 AM
    If these "Leaked" OS's are so good... why haven't they released any of them, "Officially", thus far?
    Apparently VzW is too picky. While many people hop on the "all the leaks have bugs!" Bandwagon, the fact is they have less than .75 and work so much better that I am cluless as to why they haven't manned up.

"Waiting for a perfect one!" you say? When is an OS ever flawless?

I have used leaks, never regretted it and never looked back....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:42 AM
    But why should a new phone out of the box need a leaked OS? I completely agree, a leak IS the way to go...but for a phone to be usable, an unofficial OS should not be the answer.
    05-20-09 08:47 AM
    What operating system are you running? If still .75, I'd look at doing an update. Leaked: OS 4.7.0.148 for the BlackBerry Storm 9530! | CrackBerry.com
    I'd take it back to the store. It sounds hardware related not OS specific. Even on .75 my phone never just shut off like that. It would reboot or do other weird things but never that.
    05-20-09 08:49 AM
    I vote 4 taking back 2 store.
    05-20-09 09:04 AM
    they did..telus..bell..vodofone....
    05-20-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD