For all of you who post negative or down right rude threads about not having leaks think before you speak or in this case post.

I don't mean this by any means to be condescending to anyone in this forum, I just think everyone needs to take a step back and put things in perspective. First off, the people who have the information for us, and the people who leak the firmware, risk their jobs and livelihoods for random strangers. We aren't talking taking risks to save a life, we're talking taking risks to make someone a little happier with a device that will be updated in a month anyway. These people should be thanked, not threatened or spoken negatively about.

On another note, its a leak everyone, sure I want one as badly as the next guy. I switch OS versions weekly if not more frequently so I would love a new one, but posting rude comments 100 times a day or being nasty towards those who grace us with the information is in no way productive.

To restate, I do not mean to be condescending to any individual, I just hope to remind everyone to look at the big picture and put things in perspective. Odds are you are speaking nastily towards someone you have never met in your life because he/she will not help you by putting themselves at risk.

Just remember the little things aren't worth getting stressed or angry or rude over; and sorry to inform you but a blackberry leak is a little thing.

CX, radio, sith, I thank you for any information you provide because you clearly are not thanked enough on here.

To everyone else, I thank you as well for it is you that make these discussion threads a pleasure to read, but the rude comments destroy the thread, as well as raise your blood pressure.

So remember, its not worth the aggravation so save yourself the blood pressure medicine and someone else from feeling insulted.
    03-08-09 12:25 AM
    well said!
    03-08-09 12:27 AM
    I am also tired of people ranting =\
    03-08-09 12:28 AM
    I totally agree with you that's one I doesn't care really much on when a new leak comes out or not. I'm gonna wait and that's what i have been doing with all my techno gadget that i own and that i can update (eg: cellphone, pc, mp3, xbox, ps3, TV, Blu-Ray, etc....)

I'm always finding something new every day (almost) so it helps myself to not bother about new software update.

Get out on the Internet guys there's a lot of stuff to be found!
    03-08-09 12:32 AM
    And to think, these are ADULTS.
    03-08-09 01:36 AM
    Nice post. The leakers should be thanked.

An guys like RadioCX, and Sith should be thanked.

Now if I had that next leak I would be a happy camper
    03-08-09 08:58 AM
    Nice post. The leakers should be thanked.

An guys like RadioCX, and Sith should be thanked.

Now if I had that next leak I would be a happy camper
    I like your style. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 09:20 AM
    Well said. Crackberry used to be a place where people can ask questions about their device and be helped without the rude comments or the sarcasm. This site has drastically changed as of late. I'm so sick of the "I want a new beta..." threads. Very few people actually stop and realize that the leakers put a lot on the line (i.e. their jobs) just to please us on Crackberry. Glad to see there are still some level-headed individuals left on these forums.
    03-08-09 09:33 AM
    Something else that gets forgotten is anything and everything on here is in a bubble in the grand scheme of things.

Contrary to perception, not everyone who owns a Blackberry comes here...or any other BB forum. In fact, the percentage is probably beyond minuscule not to mention if you broke it down by Blackberry model...I would bet that barely 1 percent (if not less) of the total Storm owners are proactive forum users. Do the math, look up all users on here by phone model and then look into how many units VZW, Voda and Telus have pushed out the door...then realize just how small and insignificant petty little crap on here is in the big picture.
    03-08-09 09:35 AM
    I could not agree more. Thanks to all that have gotten us the leaks thus far.
    03-08-09 09:38 AM
    Right on. I want to thank the people who have leaked all of the OS's so far. THANK YOU!!!!! If it wasn't for all of these leased OS's I might have given up on the Storm by now. So once again THANK YOU!!!!!!

03-08-09 09:40 AM
    Bravo OP. I have stopped reading a lot of the threads because people are just mean and rude. I would to think we would treat other like we wanted to be treated. Maybe not.

03-08-09 09:51 AM
    No, I was wrong, I'm sorry, take a step forward.

Now, take a step back.

Step forward.

Back.

And then we're cha-cha-ing!

(Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Oh, and I agree with the OP.)
    03-08-09 09:56 AM
    And to think, these are ADULTS.
    The problem is that the Storm has brought many age groups to this forum. I have noticed that there are a lot of 17 and under owners of the Storm. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of those teens that are not complaining for a new leak and not being immature, but I'm assuming the ones that do complain are teenagers. If they are adults who whine and complain about not having a leak every week then for them I am sad! Like you're insinuating, adults should never act in such a childish manner. It's getting ridiculous around here and I'm starting to feel like the Storm forum is reenacting high school all over again for me.

I would really hate to see these people ruin it for the rest us who are grateful and mature. This is one great thing that I love about CB. The fact that I can come here for the latest inside scoop and leaks. I hope that never changes, but I do hope the atmosphere around here starts to change quickly because many people are becoming annoyed. Leakers, Insiders, and CB members alike. So I guess all i can say to those people who keep complaining about leaks and being blatantly rude is please.. please realize that what we receive on this site is completely free to us and that we need to start respecting not only leakers/insiders, but everybody. Just stop acting like children.

Alright, I vented. I feel better now!
    03-08-09 10:09 AM
    This was a refreshing thread.
    03-08-09 10:40 AM
    Thanks OP and the rest of you. This thread just made my Sunday a bit better.
    MAJOR THANK-YOU to all of those individuals who have made my Storm better.
    Rick
    03-08-09 10:58 AM
    thanks to all the leakers...no doubt...but im selfish too...and i just wld love a leak before the wqeekend is out...im not bashiin anyone...just want a new toy
    03-08-09 11:05 AM
    thanks to all the leakers...no doubt...but im selfish too...and i just wld love a leak before the wqeekend is out...im not bashiin anyone...just want a new toy
    I don't see anything wrong with wanting a new leak. This is more about people who create these threads or make posts that threaten and rip the leakers/insiders apart for not giving them something sooner. We're all waiting anxiously for a new leak, but we can't be bashing others because of our impatience. It's fine to talk about it and speculate when it may come out. I really don't see anything wrong with that. We all just have to be careful not taking it too far by being rude to others.
    Last edited by tcp019; 03-08-09 at 11:17 AM.
    03-08-09 11:12 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with wanting a new leak. This is more about people who create these threads or make posts that threaten and rip the leakers/insiders apart for not giving them something sooner. We're all waiting anxiously for a new leak, but we can't be bashing others because of our impatience. It's fine to talk about it and speculate when it may come out. I really don't see anything wrong with that. We all just have to be careful not taking it too far by being rude to others.
    well said...no need to bash the leakers...thyerre cool in my book...they mk the phones fun....
    03-08-09 11:20 AM
    well said...no need to bash the leakers...thyerre cool in my book...they mk the phones fun....
    Exactly. We could still be stuck with .75! Where's the fun in that?
    03-08-09 11:31 AM
    I agree with this thread completely.

The addicted will never learn manners, don't expect them to change.

Addiction is one of the most over-powering emotions in the human condition and will make people turn on anyone, especially those trying to help the addicted.

Mods, leakers, geniuses etc - Keep doing what you're doing, the SILENT MAJORITY appreciate you more than you know.
    03-08-09 01:30 PM
    This needs to be moved to Rants and Raves.

Not sure why it is in the OS Beta Forum...
    03-08-09 01:36 PM
    In general, not just for new OS's, rudeness and sarcasm (unless meant in a humorous way) should be reported as a violation of TOS, and yes it is listed as a 0 tolerance on the TOS.

As far as the leaked OS's your right as well, people do put their jobs on the line, I wish Verizon would do there jobs and release an OS, instead of having to rely on leaked OS's, I mean come on the phone has been out since November with only 1 Official OS, and it seems to be that way with every blackberry. We pay alot of money for these phones, and a ridiculous fee associated with the BB charge or required "data package" depending on carrier. Lets admit it folks, Verizon's service area kicks ****, as well as the potential power of the phone, however customer service, and speed of improvement seriously suck, shoot I am still waiting on a equipment charge to be removed from my bill since late December when I was issued a replacement device, and there were none to ship. I was told that the charge would be removed 10 days after receipt of the defective phone, then I was told it could take 60 days, and now after 8 submissions of the form to issue a credit, I am still nowhere, and yes 4 supervisors have gotten involved, which was a task upon itself.

Long story short, we have all got our reasons to be frustrated with our mobile telephone companies and their devices, and maybe even with other members on this forum, but please refrain from rudeness, and flaming unless it is extremely necessary.

P.S. Will you people PLEASE start searching before you post the 100th "What is a leaked version" thread? (You know who you are) lol
    03-08-09 02:05 PM
    This needs to be moved to Rants and Raves.

Not sure why it is in the OS Beta Forum...
    because it is referring to people who post here.
    03-08-09 02:06 PM
    AMEN to that! Thanks for the leaks guys!
    03-08-09 02:11 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD