Listen, I am new to this forum but I am a gadget junkie. I see a lot of people getting buyers remorse before actually buying the Storm based on the reviews from last night. A few things to remember:

1) If you have been on here you know the release .65 is buggy. This should not be news. We have credible information from CX and others that we will get an updated release soon. I have not been here long, but long enough to know that CX is trustworthy. If you were going to buy a storm based on a new update before today . . . nothing has changed!

2) That brings me to my second point - Verizon lets you use it for 30 days! You have a whole month to use the Strom, wait for an update, get used to it, become addicted. If the release does not come - return it. I just recommend not selling your old phone until you decide.

3) If you are willing to leave ATT or another carrier for the phone - you were doing so for a reason - that reason has not changed. I know a portion of you are doing this for the phone but I can tell you most Verizon users (especially business users) do not leave Verizon for phones. Keep that in mind - it speaks to Verizon's service.

Everyone should relax, be prepared to get up early tomorrow and remember - we were trusting RIM and Verizon to release an update at this time yesterday . . . nothing has changed.
    11-20-08 09:36 AM
    well said...
    11-20-08 09:39 AM
    Listen, I am new to this forum but I am a gadget junkie. I see a lot of people getting buyers remorse before actually buying the Storm based on the reviews from last night. A few things to remember:

1) If you have been on here you know the release .65 is buggy. This should not be news. We have credible information from CX and others that we will get an updated release soon. I have not been here long, but long enough to know that CX is trustworthy. If you were going to buy a storm based on a new update before today . . . nothing has changed!

2) That brings me to my second point - Verizon lets you use it for 30 days! You have a whole month to use the Strom, wait for an update, get used to it, become addicted. If the release does not come - return it. I just recommend not selling your old phone until you decide.

3) If you are willing to leave ATT or another carrier for the phone - you were doing so for a reason - that reason has not changed. I know a portion of you are doing this for the phone but I can tell you most Verizon users (especially business users) do not leave Verizon for phones. Keep that in mind - it speaks to Verizon's service.

Everyone should relax, be prepared to get up early tomorrow and remember - we were trusting RIM and Verizon to release an update at this time yesterday . . . nothing has changed.
    VERY WELL SAID. It's amazing to me how much people have turned into SHEEP & let what other people say dictate how much they enjoy or dislike something. SERIOUSLY let your OWN opinion be the deciding factor in all this. How YOU use your BB Storm may be completely DIFFERENT from the way a reviewer uses it. And some of the reviews are quite positive. SHEESH.
    11-20-08 09:41 AM
    If i let other people's BS opinions sway me, then I would have voted for Obama. Yikes...

hahaha
    11-20-08 09:47 AM
    good point
    11-20-08 10:00 AM
    Well said, troutseth. Well said.
    11-20-08 10:01 AM
    I can really confirm 3 statement.

I live in mountain area, and we here have Verizon, ATT and Ramcell, they all using same tower, but:

My Verizon phone works in much more places then ATT. So service for me much more important then phone.

AND - one more big thing. If you travel, I would strongly recommend Verizon, any time on the road, I-85 I-95 trough all east coast you pick up your phone and make a call...

I been waiting for upgrade for 1 year, could not find anything worth attention, now Storm is definitely the one.
    11-20-08 10:20 AM
    Good point on the travel . . .it is the reason i switched from ATT a few years back . . no phone for a week in ND.
    11-20-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD