I know you can do t9 when the phone is held in portrait mode. How do you enable this though? Instead of sure type I would like T9. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
    02-08-09 10:02 PM
    options>screen/keyboard Portraait view keyboard>multi tap or suretype.. no t9.. you have the full qwerty on .99 on portrait view.
    02-08-09 10:47 PM
    Go to options > screen/keyboard and scroll down to portrait view keyboard and change the option (full keyboard, suretype or multitap.)
    02-08-09 10:48 PM
    ah, losvaldez... you beat me to it. :P
    02-08-09 10:48 PM
    I have seen people that have t9 on the storm, i have used t9 on a storm so I know it is possible.
    02-08-09 10:49 PM
    I have seen people that have t9 on the storm, i have used t9 on a storm so I know it is possible.
    There is no such thing a T9 on a Storm. Are you sure that you're not referring to suretype or multitap?
    02-08-09 10:51 PM
    02-08-09 10:57 PM
    Oh wow... you've proved me wrong. Thanks! Now I can tell my Storm buddies that they can enable T9 on theirs. I prefer QWERTY in portrait though.
    02-08-09 10:59 PM
    Oh wow... you've proved me wrong. Thanks! Now I can tell my Storm buddies that they can enable T9 on theirs. I prefer QWERTY in portrait though.
    lol - I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I ran across this thread a while ago, searched for "T9" here and no threads came up at all. I did a google search (t9 blackberry storm) and sure enough, that thread was the first one listed. Go figure.
    02-08-09 11:04 PM
    lol - I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I ran across this thread a while ago, searched for "T9" here and no threads came up at all. I did a google search (t9 blackberry storm) and sure enough, that thread was the first one listed. Go figure.
    lol... in a matter of fact, I thought there was no way to get the T9 to work on the Storm until further OS update(s). Once again, thanks for posting a link to that thread and I'm sure that whenever someone searches "T9" on CB forums, it will lead them to this thread and your post will lead them to that thread. lol.
    02-09-09 12:06 AM
    I have tried doing this and its not working however. I beginning to be frustrated
    02-09-09 02:02 AM
    Uhm... Some of my buddies tried this last night and earlier this morning. They said that it doesn't work on theirs. So, I tried it on mine and it didn't work either.

After reading the entire "How to: Enable T9 on your storm!" thread. T9 doesn't work with OS above .75. All of my Storm friends and I are using .90 or .99.
    02-09-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD