I am just curious as to how many of you are using an unlocked Storm on T-Mobile and how you feel about the speed on EDGE...

I personally think that the speed is just fine. I think it may take a few more seconds to load pages with a good deal of pictures, but can you really beat $19.95 a month for unlimited data?

02-12-09 12:08 AM
    Lucky you have the 19.99 becuz it is25.99 now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 12:23 AM
    I think it works fine. The beta updates help the browser speed a lot. In fact my storm on tmobile is faster than coworkers on verizon.
    02-12-09 10:20 AM
    I didn't know the price went up. Glad I still have the 19.99. And I am very happy with edge. Its plenty fast for me. Plus the bolt browser is faster but it sucks.

02-12-09 10:25 AM
    Yeah... i like T-Mo.

Storm is plenty fast for the maps and such that i do on it.

I have even tethered it, which by the way costs us $0.00, and the speed is not as bad as i thought it would be!

Problem is with these new beta OS's the edge connectivity has been shot to HeII....
    02-12-09 10:32 AM
    I had no idea the price went up. Its still not unreasonable.

Lilman what version are you running? I am running Siths third hybrid and my network works great.

02-12-09 12:19 PM
    I had no idea the price went up. Its still not unreasonable.

Lilman what version are you running? I am running Siths third hybrid and my network works great.

+1 With the i had no idea the price went up.

Well I read the original post about using the .90 radio file in the .99 build. So i did that.

It works pretty good, but the random resets are getting pretty ridiculous... it does NOT like to be in my holster.

I want to install V3 from Sith, but i can't. I was moved to Brazil for work for 6 months and the only laptop i have has an IT policy on it where i can install things. If i could get a zip of the apploader folder and the OS folder, i would be gold. hahaha Oh well, guess random resets are it until i can get back to the states.
    02-12-09 12:38 PM
    That sucks. So if you have a zipped folder containing the OS and the app loader you could do it?

I can zip them and send them if you would like. Do you have a way for me to send the file? I do not know where I would host it...
    02-12-09 01:19 PM
    That sucks. So if you have a zipped folder containing the OS and the app loader you could do it?

I can zip them and send them if you would like. Do you have a way for me to send the file? I do not know where I would host it...
    Yeah, i have write access to the folders i need to put them in, but i don't have access to run a windows installer. If i had those two folders i could just put the in the correct place.

That would be awesome if you could do that. PM coming your way.
    02-12-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD