Can anyone help out and explain why youtube videos don't open for me? I downloaded their application onto the storm but whenever I try to view a video I get an error message java io error cannot open portal.......whatever that means. Can anyone help? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:52 PM
    The Youtube app wasn't working with certain OS's. I think .132 had an issue with the youtube app. If you upgrade to .141, your problem should go away.

I'm also using Tmobile and I had a problem with the older OS.

Upgraded...problem gone.
    05-13-09 02:26 PM
    I'm running on 4.7.0.75.
    Is there a link to .141? Just did a seach and didn't find it on this site?
    05-13-09 09:24 PM
    Ok so I found some posts on the.141, but alot of negaive complaints. do you have any issues on .141 in general?

All others please chime in
    05-13-09 09:30 PM
    Ok so I downloaded .141, backed up all data and third party apps, resent service books, battery pull, opened you tube......still has the error code: cannot open tunnel...Java IO cannot open tunnel.

What am I doing wrong?????
    05-14-09 01:19 AM
    OK SO NOW BB APP WORLD HAS THE SAME WRROR MESSAGE......CANNOT OPEN TUNNEL. I'm about to downgrade back to .65

05-14-09 02:19 AM
    Downgraded to stock .46 version......same error code. uncaught java exception: io java cannot open tunnel.

Is this app for real!!!!!!
    05-14-09 06:54 AM
    there have been posts on enabling java on your phone. You could always look into that.

As for .141 i'm quite happy with it. No complaints. Its something you've already done some research on. You can decide if its something you're willing to do.

The youtube error I was getting was only with that app. There might be some other program that is conflicting with youtube.

I don't know if this will help, but you could always do a wipe and start over. There are threads that will guide you through the process step by step.

All else fails, you will probably have to just use m.youtube.com. it is the same thing and accessed through the browser. If you do a little research..it seems a lot of people prefer that instead of the youtube app itself.

Good luck.
    05-14-09 09:13 AM
    I had the same problem with .75. I could only watch like 1 in 20 videos. Now I have .132 I can watch 19 out of 20 videos, but for some reason I cant get my camera to work so u win some and u lose some I guess.
    05-14-09 09:31 AM
    I love .141. Pts been great heRe.

05-14-09 11:18 AM
    Ok so for the guys who have it to work can you tell me
    1 which os your using and
    2 what browser configuration you have?

I messed around with some of the browser settings and still can't get it to work

05-14-09 12:44 PM
    Did .132 jack up the camera or is it a hardware issue? I don't use the camera too much but would like to have it.
    05-14-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD