this is frikin awesome! LMFAO the poor Bold users finally received an update after all this time aaaaahahahahahaha they go from .162 to .167 aaahaahhaha!!!!

This just made my day. Makes me feel better being a VZW customer

Edit: as CX stated the app version was an still is .167 only the platform was changed.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Valace2; 05-13-09 at 04:36 PM.
    05-13-09 03:11 PM
    An these are the companies we are supposed to rely on for updates ROFL

05-13-09 03:13 PM
    this is frikin awesome! LMFAO the poor Bold users finally received an update after all this time aaaaahahahahahaha they go from .162 to .167 aaahaahhaha!!!!

AT&T has always been on .167. Adam made a mistake. And AT&T users are still on .167, but with a platform of a higher version OS.
    05-13-09 03:14 PM
    AT&T has always been on .167. Adam made a mistake. And AT&T users are still on .167, but with a platform of a higher version OS.

Well darn. close this then fun while it lasted

05-13-09 03:16 PM
    Wait! What do you mean w higher platform number?

05-13-09 03:17 PM
    Wait! What do you mean w higher platform number?

They left the apps the same, but updated the radio/core OS.

05-13-09 03:26 PM
    They left the apps the same, but updated the radio/core OS.

Correct. The Platform of the original .167 was 4.0.0.157. With the new release, it's .217. Basically it's a hybrid.
    05-13-09 03:29 PM
    On the plus side for ATT, they DID hold up the release of the bold till the software was a bit more mature. They did not rush it out the door like another carrier did with it's Storm model.

Of course the savy Bold users here are all on leaks or other carrier releases anyways. Just like we are!
    05-13-09 03:42 PM
    Wait - so even the carriers are resorting to hybrids?!
    05-13-09 03:53 PM
    In a matter of speaking. However, they don't tens to mix and match app versions like some people on here do. They use the full Java app cod set.

05-13-09 04:21 PM
    Oh please.

Just because you get a new leak every week, doesn't the Storm is better.

It just means they're trying to fix something that is constantly breaking.

I have had my Bold since August, and it has always outperformed my Storm since day one.

Even when it had shoddy 3G connectivity.

So to proclaim the Bold as lesser because it doesn't have a weekly OS update only shows how much polishing the Storm needs.
    05-13-09 04:25 PM
    wat? last time i checked, we get leaks like once every two weeks while it rains and pours Bold and 8900 leaks.

I do find irony in the fact their using a "hybrid"
    05-13-09 04:37 PM

Edit: as CX stated the app version was an still is .167 only the platform was changed.

Off topic, but why did you change your avatar......just cause we lost don't mean nothing........

We are going to kill them tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-13-09 04:45 PM
    Occasionally the Devs will use the Radio code or something else from a previous build and put it into a new revision, but that revision is always a new one. They don't use a previous revision number.
    05-13-09 04:45 PM
    Question..... What do the Bold or AT&T have to do with the storm? Shouldn't this be in the Bold forum?

05-13-09 06:40 PM
    ISTM this is Storm users discussing the relatively frequent upgrades available for Bold. It fits better in Storm forums.
    05-13-09 09:19 PM
    ISTM this is Storm users discussing the relatively frequent upgrades available for Bold. It fits better in Storm forums.
    Thanks for the vote to keep it here, this thread was meant to be read an commented on by Storm users. As posts don't count here I would like to think I could talk about swiss cheese if I felt like it. I just thought it was funny that the Bold users on AT&T have waited this long for an update and now this is what they recieve, but as CX stated they upgraded the platform, so this "hybrid" will be a bit better than what they were using.
    05-13-09 09:48 PM
    Well the Bold has a 5.0 and the Storm is still playing the waiting game.
    05-13-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD