I know I can use the Gmail app, but I'd rather not due to the constant refreshing and subsequent battery drain.

How do I set up my Gmail so that anything I do on my Storm will be reflected online, and vice versa? I used the setup but it doesn't seem like it's doing the trick. I basically want to be able to make revisions in my "Messages" folder, and have those reflected online as well.

Also, when it creates a new icon for my Gmail, can I have it show anything other than "xxxxx@gmail.com"?

Is there a way for it to download HTML images automatically?

Thanks in advance.
    11-27-08 01:08 PM
    anyone? this is really bugging me.

when i read or delete an e-mail on the Storm, it's not reflected online.
    11-27-08 01:56 PM
    11-27-08 02:09 PM
    i tried logging into the BIS website and it says that my PIN/ESN are already registered. then when I have it forward my password to my Storm, it gives me contradictory info saying that there is no username/pw set up.

???
    11-27-08 02:42 PM
    i tried logging into the BIS website and it says that my PIN/ESN are already registered. then when I have it forward my password to my Storm, it gives me contradictory info saying that there is no username/pw set up.

???
    Me too. I tired verizon's site with no luck as well. hopefully someone has this figured out and will post here.
    11-27-08 03:00 PM
    had same issue, go to Email Setup-> menu -> Create Username on the device first, then should be able to login to the website after Setup complete
    11-30-08 01:38 PM

???
    I had that same issue. I called VzW Customer Support, gave them my PIN, and they were able to assist me in setting up a user name and password without issue.
    11-30-08 02:05 PM
    gmail wont sync on a BB like it will with an ipod/iphone over IMAP.

things you delete on phone will reflect online but not vice versa. also inboxes will not match. ie. things in ur inbox currently will not show if you set up your storm over imap right now

suck imo.
    11-30-08 03:00 PM
    Yup. Don't know if it's Google's fault or RIM's fault. Don't care. They need to fix it.

BlackBerry Search Results
    11-30-08 04:07 PM
    Yea i dont get why they havent fixed this yet, seeing as tons of people have gmail and bb's...everytime i use IMAP (correctly set up) i only receive 30% of my emails, they arent always pushed that fast, and it doesnt always sync properly...as of now im just having gmail forward my emails to my @vzw.blackberry.net account...(seems to work better than pop3 for me)
    11-30-08 04:29 PM
    I've found that if you have pop enabled on your gmail account then it seems like the sync from mailbox back to phone doesn't work (maybe it defaults to using pop if it can). If you disable pop in your gmail account, the sync does work. That is at least for me on Vodafone UK...
    12-03-08 05:32 AM
    I set up mine so that I get the notification with the blackberry email client, but I use the gmail app to do things as far as archive and controlling spam. I just turned off the gmail apps notifications.
    12-03-08 07:09 AM
    You can set your BB up to download HTML Emails automatically. Just go to your email folder, then press the BB button -> Options -> Email Setup -> Activate html E-Mail + Download pictures automatically
    12-03-08 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD