Hey folks,

I've never really bothered much with syncing my contact/calendar etc from phone to PC (or Mac), but am considering doing so now.

I primarily use Macs at home, although I do have a PC, and I boot to XP on my MacBookPro specifically for phone upgrades and certain other software. What I'm wondering is, if I sync my phone data with my primary Mac, what program works best to do so currently (I've heard a few names tossed around here), and will I experience any troubles when connecting to the PC/BootCamp machine?

Back in the WinMo days I'd only let my phones sync manually, I'm sure the BB has this same option, but I just want to make sure I don't accidentally wipe or merge any contacts across my machines/phone.
    01-17-09 11:57 PM
    Download the google sync application for blackberry to sync your blackberrys calendar and contacts, then download google calendar sync for outlook if your using windows, or google sync for app for mac to sync with your Mail app on your mac. Google seach the "google sync app" you should find some info on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:43 AM
    If all you are doing is backing up, the DL manager on PC is the best and easiest way.

If you are looking at altering and adding contacts and want to use your mac, the most painless (and expencive) way is to get pocketmac from BB's website and then purchase a program by the name of MissingSync.

It was around 40$ last time I got it, but it works wonders. Some have reported success syncing to there macs with just pocketmac, but I myself have yet to get it to work properly.

In any case, good luck.
    01-18-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD