I am looking for a way to automatically have my Storm synchronize wirelessly with my Outlook Calendar, Notes, and Contacts. I actually don't want to use email (yet) - just synch these other types of data. Is there a way to do this? I am fine with paying for a commercial service if that is the only way to do it.
    03-15-09 09:23 AM
    I set up an account with Google, downloaded Google Sync to my lap top, configured it to sync with my Outlook calendar and presto...works like a charm. Free of charge and I can access my calendar from my BB or any web enabled computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 05:42 PM
    I use sync at mailtrust/rackspace. Its not free unless you work there like me but it works well and beat needing to be on exchange.

03-15-09 06:06 PM
    I just set up Google sync yesterday and it is working flawlessly. I recommend.

l

03-15-09 06:19 PM
    Just use Desktop Manager to do all your sync. Do you have the option to do it with BTooth? I do my sync'n all day long through DM and it works wonderfully.

If not, GoogleSync is probably your best option as others have suggested.
    03-15-09 07:04 PM
    Just to clarify... what do you mean by "wirelessly"? Via bluetooth? Or via internet?

I also sync using Bluetooth quite frequently, well that is until a recent bluetooth driver update. Which screwed something up. Probably just a matter of deleting the match and re-pairing though, just haven't done it yet.
    Last edited by Craterz; 03-15-09 at 08:20 PM.
    03-15-09 07:10 PM
    question on the Google sync: what if you you then plug in to your computer and sync with DM? do you have any problems? Do you get doubles of everything? Any help would be great
    03-15-09 07:42 PM
    What I am looking for is synching automatically over the Internet. My Outlook calendar can be updated by others in my company (actually they update my Salesforce calendar and that automatically synchs with my Outlook calendar). My goal is for my Storm to always be up to date without having to be near my desktop.

I will look into Google. However, I thought that this only works with a Gmail account, which I do not have.
    03-15-09 08:46 PM
    Yup Google sync is the best free way. U will need a Gmail account but thats free too!
    03-15-09 08:53 PM
    only problem with that was double entries on my calendar, one for outlook and a duplicate for gmail sync and no way to delete one or the other
    03-15-09 09:19 PM
    Funambol portal works good too. It works OTA. It's free. And also syncs your tasks, unlike Google sync.
    03-15-09 09:20 PM
    I am looking for a way to automatically have my Storm synchronize wirelessly with my Outlook Calendar, Notes, and Contacts. I actually don't want to use email (yet) - just synch these other types of data. Is there a way to do this? I am fine with paying for a commercial service if that is the only way to do it.
    You might want to look into Companion Link for BlackBerry. They do offer an OTA solution. Not free, but it will probably suit your needs.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    03-16-09 06:11 AM
    Ok, you have install the google sync plugin on outlook so that outlook syncs directly with google. Then install the plugin on the phone so that your device syncs with google. There is no way to have your device sync directly with outlook by itself there is going to be a middle man.

03-22-09 01:20 PM
    Does Google sync sync the contacts from outlook? I see have Google sync calender but is does not sync the contacts?
    05-15-09 10:38 AM
    The latest one does sync your cintacts

05-15-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD